ADVERTISEMENT

INJURY TO Cole Mosier AND Dorian Baker

cat888

Sophomore
Jul 23, 2006
Without the INJURY TO Cole Mosier AND Dorian BAKER are we setting at 9/2 and closer games against Georgia and Missippi State? I think Mosier helps stablize the OL early on and Baker was ready for a break out season so I say yes. Those injuries was big loss for this team..

Without the INJURY TO Cole Mosier AND Dorian BAKER are we setting at 9/2 and closer games against Georgia and Missippi State? I think Mosier helps stablize the OL early on and Baker was ready for a break out season so I say yes. Those injuries was big loss for this team..
True , but this is football. Every team has injuries and we've been luckier than most . Some teams have lost starting quarterbacks and runningbacks. Imagine if we had lost Snell .

Reactions: brianpoe
Ole Miss lost their QB, UF was missing 8 scholly players, UT had at least 5 starters out, USC had Dabo Samueals break his leg, etc...it's football you can't use that crap as excuses.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
True , but this is football. Every team has injuries and we've been luckier than most . Some teams have lost starting quarterbacks and runningbacks. Imagine if we had lost Snell .
If we had lost SJ, then what? I think he was/is our most irreplaceable guy

Reactions: yoshukai
Yes it would be impossible to replace 130 passing yds a game :beer:
You see when we went to the bench and brought in DB he kinda ...never mind I don't think you understand the game. Start a poll and ask UK fans if we would have been in a world of shit if SJ got hurt? I don't know why I debate this crap with you, obviously you don't understand how important he is to the team

Most college teams are down 5 or 6 players at this point in the season at the extreme you have a team like North Carolina that's down 18 players. We have been fortunate on the injury front for most of the year.

Yes it would be impossible to replace 130 passing yds a game :beer:

We are a 60/40 run pass team that snaps it less than 113 other teams in the nation, yet we hold the ball #41 in the nation. We play a deliberate slow style of football to try to keep the score low. Peyton Manning wouldn't put up big numbers in this offense. Not saying SJ is Peyon Manning but SJ is completing 60%+ of his passes. We just don't throw it a whole lot nor do we get in any kind of hurry.

Reactions: JC CATS
These two starters was lost before we play one down no excuse just fact. It wasn't football It was practice at most.

That's a BS excuse. Every program in the country has injuries and attrition. Your argument is basically that if UK didn't have to deal with things every team deals with then they would be better? No offense brother as you seem like a good poster and reasonable guy. I just don't agree that's a viable excuse.

How do those two players help our defense ? I dont think either of those guys play on that side of the ball
Any positive play in the OLE MISS and FLORIDA game especially toward the end changes the game and Mosier helps stablise our OL and that helps keep Defense on the side line and rested.

You see when we went to the bench and brought in DB he kinda ...never mind I don't think you understand the game. Start a poll and ask UK fans if we would have been in a world of shit if SJ got hurt? I don't know why I debate this crap with you, obviously you don't understand how important he is to the team

• First of all why in the hell would they go with DB ? :beer:

We are a 60/40 run pass team that snaps it less than 113 other teams in the nation, yet we hold the ball #41 in the nation. We play a deliberate slow style of football to try to keep the score low. Peyton Manning wouldn't put up big numbers in this offense. Not saying SJ is Peyon Manning but SJ is completing 60%+ of his passes. We just don't throw it a whole lot nor do we get in any kind of hurry.

So you’re saying we are playing within our means ? :cheers2:

Stephen Johnson has been irreplaceable this year (and we should all be grateful for his toughness and willing us to victories, most notably UofL last year and UT this year)...but it's also sad that's the case...because no one in their right mind could say he's a good passer. We need to do better at the position going forward or we will never break through the 7/8 win ceiling.

Imagine Badet and Boom are back...with a healthy Mosier and Baker. That team could've contended in the UGA game for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT