ADVERTISEMENT

Indoor practice facility

If the ad would commit to fundraising and building that facility, the funds would be raised pretty quickly.

Just waiting on Mitch to follow through. The last successful coach left because he was tired of waiting for Mitch to deliver on promises
Just about every team has a new facility - football, baseball, softball, soccer, basketball

Reactions: sluggercatfan
So you’ll say that the UT indoor facility is what you just explained ? Take another look and I’m just using them as an example, fully equipped training room, instant replay huge video screens, weight room, snack bar, ect . That’s the modern SEC indoor facility but you can either drive a Cadillac or a Ford Ranger 🍺
And I think that facility was built in what 2011
Yea, but UT’s is puke orange.

Reactions: Freetaxreturn
So the indoor facility at Kentucky is all one facility that houses all of Kentucky football ? I didn’t know that. Guess when they were building the new football complex they should have torn the old down instead of building new and attach old outdated place 🍺
I think you are a little confused. The weight facility for the football team was across the street. It was the Nutter facility. The indoor practice facility was located next to the stadium and is still one of the best of its kind. They built the new weight facility and offices as an attachment to the existing indoor practice facility To make it one massive facility. They kept the old Nutter weight facility for other sports programs to use. Again, it is across the street and was never part of the indoor practice facility. Everything on your list exists in the current combined facility.

I think you are a little confused. The weight facility for the football team was across the street. It was the Nutter facility. The indoor practice facility was located next to the stadium and is still one of the best of its kind. They built the new weight facility and offices as an attachment to the existing indoor practice facility To make it one massive facility. They kept the old Nutter weight facility for other sports programs to use. Again, it is across the street and was never part of the indoor practice facility. Everything on your list exists in the current combined facility.

CITH, thanks for explaining that as I thought it was separate facilities 🍺

Needs center height, updated lighting and/or skylights, and most of track needs to go altogether. Could also use some indoor sand track to one side for training.

Ya know idk anybody from Indiana and I can see why you are a SEC and Kentucky fan because that football in the big ten is awful and apparently those figures quoted sound like a teamsters contract and no way in hell it would be remotely close to that. Are you a real estate developer or building contractor ? 🍺
Both, as far as you know... 😉 I still cling to the Commonwealth as my native land. I AM a Kentuckian and UK alum. Spent the first 30 years of my life in God's Country, so nothing you say about Indiana or the Midwest will bother me in the least. 🥃

The term might be getting thrown around as ‘new’ but he just wants the field redone and track and baseball out of there. Not a start from scratch thing.

Baseball moved out 3 years ago when Kentucky Proud Park opened. They have a hitting/pitching setup underground under the 3rd base side of the park now. They do all their cage Work there now.

The big move now is for the track program. Once that’s done Nutter will be all football….and I’m assuming that the new track facility will have a big “all purpose” room on one end of it, like Nutter has now. This is where cheerleading practices and (again assuming) thinking they will move out with track as it will put them on the same side of the street as their weight training building is.

UK's membership in the SEC has been remarkably profitable and it will only get better. Those funds are generated by the athletic department. However, the athletic dept regularly contributes money to UK's general fund. If I am not mistaken, a good portion of the library was funded by athletics. This is a unique situation in college sports and possibly the only program in the SEC that is financially unsupported by state taxpayers.
The shortcomings of the Nutter Center as compared to other SEC schools are immediately apparent. If State government/KY taxpayers aren't on the hook for any of the costs then, why does anyone care how the UK athletic dept spends its money?
Bingo why do they have to approve you to spend money that's not theirs? That would be like me calling into HR on pay day and asking to pay my electric bill. 🙃

Reactions: Girthang
It has a track around it which is for some reason that I don't understand a huge negative.

It’s a problem because it cuts off the end zones and you can’t practice effectively on it. It’s also dangerous.

Remove the track and the problem is solved. We don’t need a new facility. It’s perfect if you remove the track.

I don’t know why they haven’t done it yet.

Reactions: Girthang
Baseball moved out 3 years ago when Kentucky Proud Park opened. They have a hitting/pitching setup underground under the 3rd base side of the park now. They do all their cage Work there now.

The big move now is for the track program. Once that’s done Nutter will be all football….and I’m assuming that the new track facility will have a big “all purpose” room on one end of it, like Nutter has now. This is where cheerleading practices and (again assuming) thinking they will move out with track as it will put them on the same side of the street as their weight training building is.
Yeah I totally whiffed and forgot on that.

UK officials responsible for managing their budgets care. Kentucky citizens ought to care. Responsible fans do not want irresponsible spending decisions that ultimately take something away from the university's opportunity to build out other necessities.

However, the school can raise private funds that can be donated with the understanding that they will be used to build a specific kind of sports facility. That is exactly how Nutter Center was built in the first place.
Save that money and give it to Calipari and his staff. Basketball only fans are easy to identify. The indoor facility is aged and outdated. Top recruits want the best of everything and deserve it. If your gonna compete with the elites you must have top notch facilities.

Reactions: TuckyFB
I like a man who sticks to his guns. I’ll just say this…I’ve been in many athletic facilities in my time (it’s my career) and when the Nutter Field House gets wall to wall turf, it will fit right in with just about any indoor facility. There is zero reason to tear it down and build a new one.
Nutter needs a lot more than just turf. It’s pretty trashy around the entrance and could use observation decks, technology, etc. Nutter is just a big old open space which is lacking what other schools have. I do agree that it doesn’t need to be torn down and started from scratch but it needs a lot more TLC than just turf IMO.

That is not completely true. They don't have the room to play baseball games out of the winter weather there. But I don't think that is an issue, because the baseball team would only need it in January and early February after bowl games and before spring practice, so it would be a time when football wouldn't be using the indoor facility.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT