ADVERTISEMENT

Indoor practice facility

Look around the SEC top tier indoor facilities and you’ll understand 🍺
Here is ours and here is the rest of the SEC. What am I missing about these places being so much better than UK that we need to build a new one and not just turf wall to wall EDIT: some of them didn’t work, but you get the picture

kentucky-ipf.jpg

Alabama

HankIndoorSFW.jpg

Auburn

Auburn-New-Indoor-Practice-Facility.png

LSU

LSU%20INDOOR%20GOOD.jpg

Arkansas

arkansas-610x406.jpg

Florida

image_handler.aspx

Georgia

1487132744_UGA-indoor_t1070_h1865e439bfaa58c518839db2638a0795a4478b6f.jpg

LSU

lsu2-610x405.jpg

Missouri

missouri-610x406.jpg

Miss State

IRKJWEUOTPZVLWS.20080304002840.jpg

Ole Miss

ole-miss-610x405.jpeg

USC

south-carolina-ipf-2.jpg

Tennessee

tennessee-ipf.jpg

Texas A&M

tesxas-am-ipf-2.jpg

Vandy

vandy-indoor.jpg

Reactions: RogerIndy
So you’ll say that the UT indoor facility is what you just explained ? Take another look and I’m just using them as an example, fully equipped training room, instant replay huge video screens, weight room, snack bar, ect . That’s the modern SEC indoor facility but you can either drive a Cadillac or a Ford Ranger 🍺
And I think that facility was built in what 2011 ?
We have all of that. Our brand new football complex is attached to our indoor practice facility. We literally have all of that and it was built within the past few years. It’s all one massive complex.

Here is ours and here is the rest of the SEC. What am I missing about these places being so much better than UK that we need to build a new one and not just turf wall to wall

kentucky-ipf.jpg

Alabama

HankIndoorSFW.jpg

Auburn

LSU

LSU%20INDOOR%20GOOD.jpg

Arkansas

arkansas-610x406.jpg

Florida

image_handler.aspx

Georgia

LSU

lsu2-610x405.jpg

Missouri

missouri-610x406.jpg

Miss State

Ole Miss

ole-miss-610x405.jpeg

USC

south-carolina-ipf-2.jpg

Tennessee

tennessee-ipf.jpg

Texas A&M

tesxas-am-ipf-2.jpg

Vandy

vandy-indoor.jpg
Vandy even building a new all football facility

Here is ours and here is the rest of the SEC. What am I missing about these places being so much better than UK that we need to build a new one and not just turf wall to wall

kentucky-ipf.jpg

Alabama

HankIndoorSFW.jpg

Auburn

LSU

LSU%20INDOOR%20GOOD.jpg

Arkansas

arkansas-610x406.jpg

Florida

image_handler.aspx

Georgia

LSU

lsu2-610x405.jpg

Missouri

missouri-610x406.jpg

Miss State

Ole Miss

ole-miss-610x405.jpeg

USC

south-carolina-ipf-2.jpg

Tennessee

tennessee-ipf.jpg

Texas A&M

tesxas-am-ipf-2.jpg

Vandy

vandy-indoor.jpg
Great pics, what you didn’t see in the pics was all the things mentioned that Kentucky doesn’t have. 🍺

Vandy even building a new all football facility
Yes. They are building a new indoor turf field with 4 walls around it as part of a major upgrade. I think a lot of what you all are confusing is all of the support facilities that these places have that we have too.

Stoops wants a new football only practice facility enough said
He didn’t say that. He said the current configuration of the shared facility doesn’t work because the track is in the way. Barnhart specifically addressed this and said the plan is to build a new indoor track facility over at the old baseball stadium and to make the Nutter facility football only with upgrades such as turf from wall to wall.

We have all of that. Our brand new football complex is attached to our indoor practice facility. We literally have all of that and it was built within the past few years. It’s all one massive complex.
So the indoor facility at Kentucky is all one facility that houses all of Kentucky football ? I didn’t know that. Guess when they were building the new football complex they should have torn the old down instead of building new and attach old outdated place 🍺

Reactions: UKdondee
UK's membership in the SEC has been remarkably profitable and it will only get better. Those funds are generated by the athletic department. However, the athletic dept regularly contributes money to UK's general fund. If I am not mistaken, a good portion of the library was funded by athletics. This is a unique situation in college sports and possibly the only program in the SEC that is financially unsupported by state taxpayers.
The shortcomings of the Nutter Center as compared to other SEC schools are immediately apparent. If State government/KY taxpayers aren't on the hook for any of the costs then, why does anyone care how the UK athletic dept spends its money?

So the indoor facility at Kentucky is all one facility that houses all of Kentucky football ? I didn’t know that. Guess when they were building the new football complex they should have torn the old down instead of building new and attach old outdated place 🍺
Yes. The Joe Craft football complex is attached to the indoor field which also has brand new outdoor fields. They didn’t tear down the indoor facility because it’s still a really good facility. They just need to do turf wall to wall. That’s all they need.

Yes. The Joe Craft football complex is attached to the indoor field which also has brand new outdoor fields. They didn’t tear down the indoor facility because it’s still a really good facility. They just need to do turf wall to wall. That’s all they need.

Had no idea, I know at LSU the football offices everything is not attached to the indoor facility. They do have a lot what like UT has but still it is a separate building like theirs 🍺

Reactions: Freetaxreturn
I would still build a new facility 🍺
I like a man who sticks to his guns. I’ll just say this…I’ve been in many athletic facilities in my time (it’s my career) and when the Nutter Field House gets wall to wall turf, it will fit right in with just about any indoor facility. There is zero reason to tear it down and build a new one.

Here is ours and here is the rest of the SEC. What am I missing about these places being so much better than UK that we need to build a new one and not just turf wall to wall EDIT: some of them didn’t work, but you get the
Half of them are basically giant quonset huts.

Why don’t you just say I’m against a new indoor facility because of the amount it would cost to build it. 🍺
I am not against it, and I didn't say I'm against it because I said what I meant to say.

If built, it should be funded the same way the Nutter Center was funded. As stated above.

But if you think this is the only funding priority for our Athletics Department, or if you think our Athletics Department has enough money to do everything needed now to support football and basketball, then you do not know what is going on. In fact, the Athletics Department is cutting more corners now than it has had to cut in the recent past. The Athletics Department has been very generous to football, but fundraising needs a period of refreshment in these trying times.

Reactions: FHCat81
It's not a artifical line. Because it's not public spending. The Athletic Departments earned the money and don't have to defend anything they spend to anyone. They give back to the University even. If they took state funds, or tax dollars or tuition, than I'd agree with you.

It's like telling me I can't buy a hot tub with my pay check because you think I should be more responsible with the money I earn on my own.

Of course they have a budget and shouldn't just throw out 50 million dollar buildings anytime a coach wants one. But if they do, it's their prerogative.
To say we shouldn't care because it isn't our money is, in fact, an artificial line of reasoning that many UK fans won't agree with. You may not be one of them, but that doesn't mean everyone doesn't care about spending $millions without due diligence with regard to other capital needs.

Of course it's their prerogative. That's why it won't happen that way. I have already described the way in which it could happen. A focused donation, just like the donation that funded and built the Nutter Center.

I like a man who sticks to his guns. I’ll just say this…I’ve been in many athletic facilities in my time (it’s my career) and when the Nutter Field House gets wall to wall turf, it will fit right in with just about any indoor facility. There is zero reason to tear it down and build a new one.
I have to agree. At one time our facilities were absolute garbage. But since Stoops has been here, our facilities have been developed into some of the nicest in the country. I think we'd be spending UK's $$$ much more wisely by taking the track out of Nutter and sprucing it up some, as opposed to tearing it down and building back something that is basically the same thing. Use the money saved to enhance the assistant coach's salaries so other schools don't come along and poach them.

Nutter was built in 1990 for what would today be $75,000,000. We are going to spend that kind of money to kick out the track and field program. Nutter is nice. It has served the football team for 30 years now, and at the same time served the track and field program well enough to host the SEC Indoor Championships as recently as 2015.

It is time to give it over to the football program. I'm betting it only costs about $15,000,000 to do that, even with the required demo, but another $60,000,000 minimum to build track and field a new home.

Once we do that, we are going to have about $125,000,000 worth of recently built or renovated football training facilities, all directly connected to our stadium and outdoor practice and training fields.

Frankly, I thought you would know this stuff, FTR, just by virtue of your apparently deep interest in UK football.

Our fans are so soft, they need power windows, and I guess kids are so soft they need to practice indoors. Don’t we play the sport outside? Practice in the stadium where you play.
The advantage of practicing indoors is that it can be done in any weather conditions including lightning and driving rain. What you say is basically true, but the coaching and reps that need to occur in practice are easier to accomplish in a dry environment. If the coaches want to practice in the rain, they could do that on any rainy day.

I am not against it, and I didn't say I'm against it because I said what I meant to say.

If built, it should be funded the same way the Nutter Center was funded. As stated above.

But if you think this is the only funding priority for our Athletics Department, or if you think our Athletics Department has enough money to do everything needed now to support football and basketball, then you do not know what is going on. In fact, the Athletics Department is cutting more corners now than it has had to cut in the recent past. The Athletics Department has been very generous to football, but fundraising needs a period of refreshment in these trying times.

Define generous ? After 20 years or more they decided to be “generous” ? Idk about Kentucky but I can tell you for a fact that LSU football drives the money train for almost everything athletically and academically associated on campus in Baton Rouge. Idk if Kentucky basketball is profitable because very few basketball programs are but the fact remains football is the absolute money maker for university’s in P5.
Since you brought up AD’s are cutting corners, I would cut track completely out because there’s not 60,000 plus showing up to a track meet and they are bleeding the athletics fund of the more than 40 million from the SEC thru television rights and bowl game payouts.
Build a brand new indoor facility for football 🍺

To say we shouldn't care because it isn't our money is, in fact, an artificial line of reasoning that many UK fans won't agree with. You may not be one of them, but that doesn't mean everyone doesn't care about spending $millions without due diligence with regard to other capital needs.

Of course it's their prerogative. That's why it won't happen that way. I have already described the way in which it could happen. A focused donation, just like the donation that funded and built the Nutter Center.

No, you didn't know the athletic department was self sufficient and instead of admitting it, you're sticking to the dumbass notion that fans should give a damn what they do with the money (that the department has to spend one way or another because they're a non-profit).

Your initial objection was responsibility with "our money". But it isn't "our money". So you're moving the goalposts (no pun intended). Who the hell cares what somebody else does with the money they earned. It ain't your or my business.

What’s a top tier indoor practice facility have that makes it so much better than Nutter?

Great question 4121, for me it’s staying with the times if you want top tier players/recruits to elevate your program. Look at what Florida is doing and they don’t even have a coach and building a new $150 million complex.
Again, drive the Caddy or drive the Ford ranger with roll up windows and see what impresses the recruits and players 🍺

No, you didn't know the athletic department was self sufficient
False.

and instead of admitting it, you're sticking to the dumbass notion that fans should give a damn what they do with the money (that the department has to spend one way or another because they're a non-profit).

If it is a dumbass notion to you, you will have to conclude that everyone who thinks our Athletics Department should conduct due diligence and spend judiciously is a dumbass.
Your initial objection was responsibility with "our money".
False.
So you're moving the goalposts (no pun intended).

False. You are moving them.
Who the hell cares what somebody else does with the money they earned. It ain't your or my business.
Asked and answered. You just didn't like the answer.

Asked and answered.

The basic interest of responsible Kentucky citizens in responsible management by the state universities does not stop at the artificial line you have drawn. If you don't care, that's on you. You are speaking for yourself. Others should and do care.

Same principle applies to all public spending. Many don't pay any income taxes but want government to overspend. Others want responsible governance and a stop to excessive spending. The population is divided broadly into two camps on this kind of thinking.

If you want UK to spend without responsible attention to budget management and due diligence, you have a right to post your preferences. I only answered your question.

But as stated, UK has raised private money in the past, such as the money that built the Nutter Center. That could be done again.

If the ad would commit to fundraising and building that facility, the funds would be raised pretty quickly.

Just waiting on Mitch to follow through. The last successful coach left because he was tired of waiting for Mitch to deliver on promises

Since you brought up AD’s are cutting corners, I would cut track completely out because there’s not 60,000 plus showing up to a track meet and they are bleeding the athletics fund of the more than 40 million from the SEC thru television rights and bowl game payouts.
Build a brand new indoor facility for football 🍺

Good luck getting around Title IX

So you’ll say that the UT indoor facility is what you just explained ? Take another look and I’m just using them as an example, fully equipped training room, instant replay huge video screens, weight room, snack bar, ect . That’s the modern SEC indoor facility but you can either drive a Cadillac or a Ford Ranger 🍺
And I think that facility was built in what 2011 ?
The new facility built just a couple of years ago as an addition to the indoor facility has all those things - modern weight and training rooms, huge screens every where, a gourmet kitchen with a chef plus a kitchen were players can make food and get snacks, has meeting rooms for entire team, offense, defense and each position group as well as academic study rooms and tutoring rooms. It is state of the art.

Nutter was built in 1990 for what would today be $75,000,000. We are going to spend that kind of money to kick out the track and field program. Nutter is nice. It has served the football team for 30 years now, and at the same time served the track and field program well enough to host the SEC Indoor Championships as recently as 2015.

It is time to give it over to the football program. I'm betting it only costs about $15,000,000 to do that, even with the required demo, but another $60,000,000 minimum to build track and field a new home.

Once we do that, we are going to have about $125,000,000 worth of recently built or renovated football training facilities, all directly connected to our stadium and outdoor practice and training fields.

Frankly, I thought you would know this stuff, FTR, just by virtue of your apparently deep interest in UK football.

Ya know idk anybody from Indiana and I can see why you are a SEC and Kentucky fan because that football in the big ten is awful and apparently those figures quoted sound like a teamsters contract and no way in hell it would be remotely close to that. Are you a real estate developer or building contractor ? 🍺

The new facility built just a couple of years ago as an addition to the indoor facility has all those things - modern weight and training rooms, huge screens every where, a gourmet kitchen with a chef plus a kitchen were players can make food and get snacks, has meeting rooms for entire team, offense, defense and each position group as well as academic study rooms and tutoring rooms. It is state of the art.

Had no idea 10 until burn sent the map 🍺

The one they have is just fine and building a new one would provide zero recruiting advantage. There aren’t really any bells and whistles for an indoor facility. It’s what’s attached to the facility that provides the bells and whistles, which we have. You’re already going to spend $40 - $50 million on a new indoor track facility over at the old baseball stadium location and install new turf in the existing facility. There is no reason to drop another $15 million on a new indoor football facility when the one you have will work great with the new turf from wall to wall.
Yeah not much you can do with an indoor facility. I’ve been on bamas and they have other things with more to it but the only difference in the practice field is they have additional space around the field

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT