ADVERTISEMENT

indiana recruiting looks like they can't get anyone to come there

Apr 22, 2016
And it's hilarious! They have 1 commit who is falling in the rankings. 2 schollies left and literally no one wants to go there. What a bunch of pathetic losers! As it turns out Archie was a horrible hire and that joke of a fanbase will be in the dumpster even longer than their current suck streak of 30 plus years. They should just drop to Division 2 in all sports

And it's hilarious! They have 1 commit who is falling in the rankings. 2 schollies left and literally no one wants to go there. What a bunch of pathetic losers! As it turns out Archie was a horrible hire and that joke of a fanbase will be in the dumpster even longer than their current suck streak of 30 plus years. They should just drop to Division 2 in all sports
[roll]

Reactions: Kentucky31
Tried telling half of this board that they need to slow down on the “Archie a good hire” nonsense. I never understood it. How is that a good hire? No one would ever explain.

Of course you don’t hear it anymore.

Come on now, which one of you thought it was a good hire?

@dbmhoosier :)

1987:eyes:

They are hanging their hat on a transfer named Joey Brunk WHO COULDN"T START FOR 16-17 BUTLER. Without any exaggeration, IU has been the FOURTH best program in Indiana for the past 15 years - clearly behind Purdue, Butler and Notre Dame.

Going to be an interesting year for them -- If every one of their starting five improves at a rate that would be truly surprising -- and they have zero injuries -- they are a bubble team with a 6-7 man rotation of decent, if unexceptional, players. Any other scenario, and they are a team that made the NIT last year then lost its two best players by a mile while adding little.

Kentucky fans are debating whether Keion Brooks is physically ready, and whether he'll get robust minutes as a freshman. Without any doubt, he'd be the best player on Indiana's team. He's from there, and was their primary target. And he wanted no part of that ugly train wreck.

Last edited:
Tried telling half of this board that they need to slow down on the “Archie a good hire” nonsense. I never understood it. How is that a good hire? No one would ever explain.

I figured it was a good hire because Indiana had no chance of getting a coach with proven success at high major schools (except maybe someone on the downslope of their career), so a guy who's had moderate success at a mid major is a good hire for the situation. He's not guaranteed to succeed, but getting someone with potential is the best IU is gonna do.

Of course, it doesn't matter who you get as coach if nobody wants to play in Bloomington.

They are hanging their hat on a transfer named Joey Brunk WHO COULDN"T START FOR 16-17 BUTLER. Without any exaggeration, IU has been the FOURTH best program in Indiana for the past 15 years - clearly behind Purdue, Butler and Notre Dame.

Going to be an interesting year for them -- If every one of their starting five improves at a rate that would be truly surprising -- and they have zero injuries -- they are a bubble team with a 6-7 man rotation of decent, if unexceptional, players. Any other scenario, and they are a team that made the NIT last year then lost its two best players by a mile while adding little.

Kentucky fans are debating whether Keion Brooks is physically ready, and whether he'll get robust minutes as a freshman. Without any doubt, he'd be the best player on Indiana's team. He's from there, and was their primary target. And he wanted no part of that ugly train wreck.
IU has been fourth best in the state in a good year. Indiana State, Oakland, Valpo, IUPUI, Ft. Wayne have all been better at times in recent years.

Their tears of late have certainly been delicious. Wouldn’t lose any sleep if they never make the tournament again for the rest of my life.

But I’ll say this, for the life of me I can’t wrap my brain around their athletics department. With the pedigree of that program’s past, all the HS talent in Indiana, and a large fan base...how have they sucked for this long? I mean, how?

How in the world does a guy like Archie Miller get that job?

How do they not have a single Elite 8 appearance since 2001?

How do they have only 1 Elite 8 since 1987?

I get making a bad hire or two, but they have been completely inept since their last title in 87. Complete and utter mediocrity.

Their tears of late have certainly been delicious. Wouldn’t lose any sleep if they never make the tournament again for the rest of my life.

But I’ll say this, for the life of me I can’t wrap my brain around their athletics department. With the pedigree of that program’s past, all the HS talent in Indiana, and a large fan base...how have they sucked for this long? I mean, how?

I get making a bad hire or two, but they have been completely inept since their last title in 87. Complete and utter mediocrity.

They tolerated a bully for all those years, desiring to win at all costs. And they still hold Knight up in high esteem. It's been a curse on their program and will continue to be.

Clappy was better once he started getting recruits in there! Archie took over a better situation and still sucks!

27 years since they had a 30-win season. Even Tubby had two of those. Cal has 5.

IU is starting to become a graveyard for up and coming coaches. Many careers have came and died there.

It's almost like Archie wasn't any better of a hire than Tom Crean.

Who could have ever seen that coming...

On the positive side, he probably isn't cheating. [laughing][laughing][laughing]
Well there seem to be no penalty from the NCAA if you do ! Just asked the Rug Doctor and Will “the wallet “ Wade and Shawn Miller , not even going to mention Ole honest Roy and all that “Junk” and the Rat Faced Bastard at Dook all because he’s the next coach they will make a movie about BARF

If we're so awful, why you scared to play us?
Before I put you on my ignore list I thought that I would try to explain it to your stupid ass.......ask your AD why it was too far to travel to Indy to play UK............they insisted on playing in their HS gym where the fans are the most classless in the whole college scene......Why is IU scared to play UK any place other than their own flop house.......now it is :flush: to your stupid ass..........

HaHaHa! You guys suck always and you would bring down Kentucky's SOS. Your fans are morons that don't know how to act. You play in a dilapidated 3rd world gymnasium. I guarantee UK isn't scared to play you. You should thank us for not playing you since we beat you like the joke of a jv squad you are. Absolutely no one is scared to play you

giphy.gif

Scared to play a perennial NIT team? Bwahahaha
Whatever makes you feel better about your sustained mediocrity.

Over the last 5 years, IU has 2 NCAA appearances, the same as Northern Kentucky University, a program that has only been division I for 5 years. That's your level, maybe stay in your lane and go talk trash to them.

Last edited:
Well there seem to be no penalty from the NCAA if you do ! Just asked the Rug Doctor and Will “the wallet “ Wade and Shawn Miller , not even going to mention Ole honest Roy and all that “Junk” and the Rat Faced Bastard at Dook all because he’s the next coach they will make a movie about BARF
Perfect man to play K in a movie? My vote goes to Anthony Weiner.

They’re so delusional they bash any poster who calls out Archie.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT