ADVERTISEMENT

indiana recruiting looks like they can't get anyone to come there

If you are old enough to remember IU during the 70's & 80's when they were really good. This drought of theirs with only 1 Final Four in 27 years is a real head scratcher. And considering what a talent rich state that Indiana is when it comes to producing 4 & 5-Star recruits. It can't be anything else but poor coaching hires. This drought couldn't have happened to a more deserving fan base. To see their jealous fans wallow in the ash heap of college basketball history, is absolutely priceless.

As I recall you replaced the IU game with a multi-year deal with Baylor. How'd that turn out for you?

If we're so awful, why you scared to play us?

You sound like Memphis. Somehow, the greatest program in history is scared to play has been CBI teams like Indiana or mid majors like Memphis. How does that work? Why aren’t we scared to play better programs like Duke, Michigan state, UNC, Kansas, but we’re scared to play Indiana and Memphis:joy:

Indiana fans need to accept responsibility. You treated our fans and players horribly. Your coach encouraged it, and spit in the eye of all of us. Cal doesn’t need Indiana, Kentucky doesn’t need Indiana. So we cancelled you and you’ve suffered for it since.

It’s YOUR fault, but keep running with the lie. If it makes you feel better. We also said we’d play you, so there goes your scared theory. We just said no more home and homes because of how hostile your fans act toward our program, especially when it’s encouraged by your coaches. We aren’t dealing with assault.

Deal with that or make shit up pretending that the team who’s beat everyone throughout history is scared to play a program like IU.

I don’t personally think you guys believe it anyway. You know the truth, it just makes you feel like your program is important. You can’t go by success to determine that. It’s a natural course.

Tried telling half of this board that they need to slow down on the “Archie a good hire” nonsense. I never understood it. How is that a good hire? No one would ever explain.

Of course you don’t hear it anymore.

Come on now, which one of you thought it was a good hire?

I keep telling you, no one listens to you Morignoredsky.....

As I recall you replaced the IU game with a multi-year deal with Baylor. How'd that turn out for you?
[laughing]You should stop while you can man. I’m pretty sure UK has been just fine since the series stopped, what say you?

You were offered neutral court games, and get this, they would’ve been in Indy. You turned them down and we moved on. Meanwhile you all have lost to teams like Ft. Wayne. iu fans are clueless, go light another candle for your Bobby Knight shrine.

It may be their redneck fan base more than anything that is hurting their program and that small gym they play in. OH and their candy strips warm ups are not doing them any good.

Yep. Been saying for years they need a complete rebrand. The candy stripes, not an exciting style of play, etc. UK got bashed for one-and-done, but that and the dribble drive (for a while) gave Cal and UK an identity. Duke even re-branded at turn of century, going from IBM of college hoops to they now bring in rappers and recruit a lower academic profile. If you want to win, you have to adapt.

Last edited:
I figured it was a good hire because Indiana had no chance of getting a coach with proven success at high major schools (except maybe someone on the downslope of their career), so a guy who's had moderate success at a mid major is a good hire for the situation. He's not guaranteed to succeed, but getting someone with potential is the best IU is gonna do.

Of course, it doesn't matter who you get as coach if nobody wants to play in Bloomington.

I'm guilty of having this same mindset.

As I recall we were fine with playing in Indy until you wanted to change it... and then you wanted to change it back

Kentucky played Duke, North Carolina and Kansas last year. In other words, all the other Elites. The Cats also played Louisville, Florida, Tennessee, Auburn, LSU . etc. In other words, teams that made the NCAA tournament -- some of whom were very highly ranked and all of whom were far superior to Indiana.

So why would Kentucky be afraid to play 'missed the tournament again for the seventh year in 11' Indiana?

There is an old adage in politics: If your opponent is self-destructing, stay out of his way. Indiana's fan base has proven so vile that Kentucky has decided to do nothing to halt your long, steady, irreversible slide into insignificance and obscurity. If the Cats play you, either UK wins - and gains nothing - or IUse2Be pulls off an upset and for at least a moment is relevant again. Nothing at all in it for the Cats.

As I recall we were fine with playing in Indy until you wanted to change it... and then you wanted to change it back

Kentucky offered two games in Indianapolis, and IU declined. We've now moved on and aren't even entertaining playing you. And frankly, it is incredibly entertaining how butthurt that makes you hoosier fans. It's to the point I hope we go another 20 years without scheduling IU. I love how much you guys whine and beg for our attention.

You mean since our last regular-season game against you in December 2011? Well, let's see--- 1 national championship, 3 Final Fours, 5 elite eights, 4 conference championships, 4 conference tournament titles. I'll take it.

Meanwhile, in Indiana..........well......ummm.......this is awkward.

I keep telling you, no one listens to you Morignoredsky.....

And that’s why the world gets worse as the years go by.

Lots of wisdom in this 33 year old brain. Jason S once told me he thought I was in my 60’s. He had no idea I was around his age.

giphy.gif

It honestly says something about Indiana’s state where we routinely play UNC*, dUKe, U6, Kansas, Michigan State, etc, but are scared to play Indiana, a team that can barely get into the ncaa tournament now.

This is delusion on their part.

When Archie was hired, I said it’d be terrible, that they needed a home run hire and he wasn’t it. I know several Indiana fans got pissed, but I told them to look at his record. I, as the majority of us, was right

Screw you hoosiers

Cupboard is really bare for IU now.

NIT team that lost Romeo and Morgan, the two best players on the team and the only 2 players that would have had a chance to see any clock at a place like UK. Replacing them with a 3 star guard, a raw 4-star forward, and a marginal grad transfer from Butler. Ouch.

Reactions: awf and Kentucky31
Archie was never a good hire.

Indiana needs to look to a guy like Pearl if they want to be relevant. I wouldn’t hire Pearl at UK, he’s a snake. But IU is about to completely be irrelevant if not already. They need to roll the dice. Pearl would take it. He would energize the program. And he would stay put. Cal doesn’t like Pearl so the rivalry wouldn’t continue but it’s their best bet to get something done.

Or hire Kelvin Sampson back. Roll the dice. Maybe he’d return, although I’m not sure about Indiana’s contract situations and he just re-upped at Houston.

Other than these options, I’d look to guys like Mark White.

It makes no sense that Indiana cannot make tournaments. Guys like White would consistently keep them there.

This isn’t as hard as Indiana’s AD makes it.

Archie was never a good hire.

Indiana needs to look to a guy like Pearl if they want to be relevant. I wouldn’t hire Pearl at UK, he’s a snake. But IU is about to completely be irrelevant if not already. They need to roll the dice. Pearl would take it. He would energize the program. And he would stay put. Cal doesn’t like Pearl so the rivalry wouldn’t continue but it’s their best bet to get something done.

Or hire Kelvin Sampson back. Roll the dice. Maybe he’d return, although I’m not sure about Indiana’s contract situations and he just re-upped at Houston.

Other than these options, I’d look to guys like Mark White.

It makes no sense that Indiana cannot make tournaments. Guys like White would consistently keep them there.

This isn’t as hard as Indiana’s AD makes it.

They won’t. They’re so stuck thinking they're above everyone else they won’t take the risk of hiring somebody like Pearl or Sampson.

Buh bye Hoosiers.

And that’s why the world gets worse as the years go by.

Lots of wisdom in this 33 year old brain. Jason S once told me he thought I was in my 60’s. He had no idea I was around his age.

giphy.gif

Yep, about that speed too....

Tried telling half of this board that they need to slow down on the “Archie a good hire” nonsense. I never understood it. How is that a good hire? No one would ever explain.

Of course you don’t hear it anymore.

Come on now, which one of you thought it was a good hire?
Watch out. Dont say anything about musselman unless you say he’s the next john wooden. Our arkansas friend might have a heart attack.

They are hanging their hat on a transfer named Joey Brunk WHO COULDN"T START FOR 16-17 BUTLER. Without any exaggeration, IU has been the FOURTH best program in Indiana for the past 15 years - clearly behind Purdue, Butler and Notre Dame.

Going to be an interesting year for them -- If every one of their starting five improves at a rate that would be truly surprising -- and they have zero injuries -- they are a bubble team with a 6-7 man rotation of decent, if unexceptional, players. Any other scenario, and they are a team that made the NIT last year then lost its two best players by a mile while adding little.

Kentucky fans are debating whether Keion Brooks is physically ready, and whether he'll get robust minutes as a freshman. Without any doubt, he'd be the best player on Indiana's team. He's from there, and was their primary target. And he wanted no part of that ugly train wreck.

I swear and they think dude is somehow gonna make them better than last year. They lost their two best players by far.

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
When you still think basketball should be played like it's the 1950s and that the kids play there for you...you arent going to be very good.

They have a culture issue. I dont think it matters who the coach is..the game has passed them all by. They want a product to be successful that's not used to play the game anymore

When you still think basketball should be played like it's the 1950s and that the kids play there for you...you arent going to be very good.

They have a culture issue. I dont think it matters who the coach is..the game has passed them all by. They want a product to be successful that's not used to play the game anymore

What do you mean exactly? To old school?

lot better than going to that skank hole Assembly Hall and having to deal with you inbred's I think . You might as well face it your garbage program is headed even deeper in to oblivion than it has been for the last thirty years and that's really hard to believe. As far as I am concerned there is no better fan base in the country for it to happen to by the way !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT