ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana homer faces some hilarious truths

Thanks, Fishers ..... I can't understand why, either. Sanctimonious ... GREAT WORD to use for them.

Mention that you "like Kentucky," just MENTION it, and they go off the deep end.

I can understand 1987 and before .... (lol) , that IU fans saw Kentucky as the biggest threat / natural rival and a prime target for sports hate. But it always was far worse than a simple kind of sports hate. I cannot say how many times I have heard Kentucky fans absolute horror stories coming away from Ass Hall with a new freakish crazy / criminal thing IU fans perpetrated towards us. Just unreal.

Since 1987, it's digressed, if that's possible, to a new low of degeneracy and insanity, envy, mixed with pure hatred, wishing to be relevant again in the worst way.

I truly hope Indiana stays irrelevant forever. They deserve it, they earned it, at least in my experience.
I was at IU in 87 and graduated in 89. Knight caused a lot of the shit by talking about UK. I will never forget when I was in Bloomington with my brother in law (older sister) in 1988 and we were going to Big Red to get some refreshments. An IU player pulls in driving a BMW. I simply looked at my BIL and said don’t say shit to me again. lol.

Imagine being an IU fan and how miserable it would be. No one across the country thinks of IU at all, theyre equivalent to Nebraska. No one playing college basketball has seen IU good in their life

And UofL fans hate UK, but IU fans have some sort of mental reaction from simply saying UK...bizarre ppl

As a lifelong UK fan and as an IU alum I have always despised everything about Indiana basketball and this just cracks me up. “You get what you tolerate”. Has that ass clown been to a game at Assembly Hall? The fanbase, mainly the students, continually spew such vile hatred to opposing players and fans. It goes well beyond rivalry hate. The University tolerated Knight and tolerates trash behavior at games so they are getting what they tolerate and deserve.
When I graduated from UK in 78 along with Jack Givens, Rick Robey, Mike Phillips (RIP) and James Lee, I got a job in Indianapolis. I originally thought I would stay a few years and move back to Kentucky, but it didn't work that way. I got a good job and married well (I converted her to be a UK fan). Anyways, I despise IU and always have. But at work and around town, when I wore my UK gear in Indy, I have been getting a lot less pushback than I got 30-40 years ago. The fan base seems to be apathetic as far as I can tell.

Reactions: fisherscatfan
Why schedule a game at a place that has a real chance to get players and fans injured from a vile fan base.
If a player or fan is injured before during or after a game in Bloomerville, then a lawsuit could be brought against whoever put the team and fans in known jeopardy.

When I graduated from UK in 78 along with Jack Givens, Rick Robey, Mike Phillips (RIP) and James Lee, I got a job in Indianapolis. I originally thought I would stay a few years and move back to Kentucky, but it didn't work that way. I got a good job and married well (I converted her to be a UK fan). Anyways, I despise IU and always have. But at work and around town, when I wore my UK gear in Indy, I have been getting a lot less pushback than I got 30-40 years ago. The fan base seems to be apathetic as far as I can tell.
Yes. I don’t get many comments from strangers. Lately, It was more from people I know. I have a Facebook account mostly to keep family up to date on things. When UK lost to UNCW I get the inevitable post from IU fan (not family)-“what happened”. I replied let me know when Woodson has more Big 10 titles than player arrests. He was “offended”. The IU fanbase sure likes to dish it out but cannot take any pushback. If UK doesn’t win it all maybe Purdue can—just to further beat down the IU fanbase.

Yes. I don’t get many comments from strangers. Lately, It was more from people I know. I have a Facebook account mostly to keep family up to date on things. When UK lost to UNCW I get the inevitable post from IU fan (not family)-“what happened”. I replied let me know when Woodson has more Big 10 titles than player arrests. He was “offended”. The IU fanbase sure likes to dish it out but cannot take any pushback. If UK doesn’t win it all maybe Purdue can—just to further beat down the IU fanbase.
Many years ago, I was worried that if I had UK stickers on my car, I would get keyed. Not a problem anymore. I even have a UK mailbox cover. As far as Purdue is concerned, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". BTW, in 40+ years of living here, I have only set foot on the IU Bloomington campus 3 times, to see UK play IU in baseball, once at their old stadium and twice at the new one. As I recall, we won 2 out of the 3 years I went. Even though we don't play them in FB or BB anymore, they still play baseball (and I think some other sports).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT