ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana homer faces some hilarious truths

MdWIldcat55

All-American
Dec 9, 2007
This is worth a watch for those who enjoy laughing at the Hoosiers.

For those who don't know Kent Sterling, he's the biggest Hoosier Homer on earth -- and one of the biggest Kentucky basketball haters. He spent years claiming Indiana was a superior program to Kentucky. He spent all of 2009 and 2010 claiming Tom Crean was going to bury Calipari and own UK. He spent many years on the self-righteous "At Least We Lose the Right Way" bandwagon -- until the Kelvin Sanctions NCAA violations and all the grimy stuff Crean's guys got into.

Now he is just a beaten man.

As a lifelong UK fan and as an IU alum I have always despised everything about Indiana basketball and this just cracks me up. “You get what you tolerate”. Has that ass clown been to a game at Assembly Hall? The fanbase, mainly the students, continually spew such vile hatred to opposing players and fans. It goes well beyond rivalry hate. The University tolerated Knight and tolerates trash behavior at games so they are getting what they tolerate and deserve.

For those who don't know Kent Sterling, he's the biggest Hoosier Homer on earth -- and one of the biggest Kentucky basketball haters. He spent years claiming Indiana was a superior program to Kentucky. He spent all of 2009 and 2010 claiming Tom Crean was going to bury Calipari and own UK. He spent many years on the self-righteous "At Least We Lose the Right Way" bandwagon -- until the Kelvin Sanctions NCAA violations and all the grimy stuff Crean's guys got into.

So. You are basically saying he is like every other Hoosier fan that I have met in my lifetime.

Talk about a cult. They all spill the very same rhetoric when it comes to UK basketball.

Screw all of them.

I despise Indiana in general and my dislike of Indiana grew after the 2012 game ended in our players and fans who attended getting hurt. Our fans got assaulted by their fans as well. And before the game even started, you could hear the FU Kentucky chant.

I've met only 2 people from Indiana and been best friends with one for 28 years now. She is the only one who's not an ass.

Reactions: Fox2monk and teli
On a serious note, IU is a good school, good tradition, their fans care, they have some brass that is willing to fork up some loot...yet over the past couple of decades they have just made some downright head scratching hires.

Mike Davis, Kelvin Sampson (good hire but they shot themselves in the foot by letting him go), Tom Crean, Archie Miller, and now Mike Woodson, who coming in was an average at best coach in the NBA, and one with zero college recruiting experience. It's just crazy to me.

Can anyone wiser than me objectively explain why they do the things they do?

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
At the end there, he said "We are going to watch Purdue kick the shit out of the Cornhuskers...because they play together".

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Nebrasketball owning the state of Indiana in basketball is pretty entertaining

Indiana's dysfunction, really other than a few years with Kelvin Sampson and one year with Tom Crean, is almost inexplicable. It's almost hard to be as consistently mediocre as they have been given fan interest, tradition and quality of recruits in the state of Indiana.

Totally disagree with NOT playing Indiana though. Love the traditional rivalries.

He lost credibility in the beginning when he said "I've never seen anything like it" (referring to Rutgers game).
uhh, yes you have for the last 25 or more years... granted IU has had a few good seasons. In general, they have sucked for quite some time. I think that was the 5th loss in a row at Rutgers.
Enjoyed the rant.

Reactions: Fox2monk

He’s one of the few IU fans with sense. I go to the IU board for a good laugh. Those guys are so stuck up their asses about being a clean and righteous program, they think it’s still 1976, they will never accept a coach who could dig them out of that rut like Sampsons. Who probably would have kept them relevant. But they still treat him like he was Satan over sanctions that are honestly minor compared to the shit KU and UNC are doing .

It’s glorious to watch. That dude finally gets the truth huh. I don’t think he’s a fan of Xavier Johnson.

Last edited:
Reactions: MdWIldcat55
So. You are basically saying he is like every other Hoosier fan that I have met in my lifetime.

Talk about a cult. They all spill the very same rhetoric when it comes to UK basketball.

Screw all of them.
I often try to remind myself of how our fanbase would act if we had to suffer through the fall Indiana basketball has.

It would not be pretty. I can almost understand their collective insanity.

I often try to remind myself of how our fanbase would act if we had to suffer through the fall Indiana basketball has.

It would not be pretty. I can almost understand their collective insanity.
Can you imagine getting new coaches every 3-4 years, have a decent year and try to hype up some random 80th ranked recruits and 1-2 decent portal guys. Then the season starts and you beat up SW Missouri State and Colgate, then every single time you get blown out in every decent OOC game, and start going 7-10, or 9-8, 8-9 every single conference season lmfao.

Reactions: podgejeff_
Can you imagine getting new coaches every 3-4 years, have a decent year and try to hype up some random 80th ranked recruits and 1-2 decent portal guys. Then the season starts and you beat up SW Missouri State and Colgate, then every single time you get blown out in every decent OOC game, and start going 7-10, or 9-8, 8-9 every single conference season lmfao.
One year they've gone further than the Sweet Sixteen in THIRTY YEARS. For a fanbase who by all rights would be every bit as crazy about basketball as we are.

Reactions: KyLegacy
I've had correspondence with Kent for years. Although it's been awhile, I do wish him the best. I like him, he's a good guy, at least, he's always been kind and very cool towards me.

That said, I agreed with everything he had to say ( with the exception of what he said at the - i think - 8:57ish mark ... no Indiana isn't my school ... lol)

Indiana basketball lived on the laurels of High school basketball & players that moved on to play at IU for the early / mid part of the 20th century. Once the talent left, and the coaching left, it was all downhill. It must really be a sad state for the fans to suffer through this current age of Indiana hoops.

And it has been an AGE - as in ICE AGE - since Indiana was relevant.

Most of my family was from Indiana, hence, they were Hoosier fans. Not my dad, my brother, or me though. They treated us as misfits for our choice of teams, but loved us nonetheless, as we did them. Nevertheless, my experience with the remainder of IU fans, down to the very last one, Kent excluded, has been extremely negative and bordering - no scratch that - it was and has been simply luidicrously stupid at how Hoosier fans have treated myself, personally.

And there was never a reason to.

Sports hate can be taken far too far sometimes, and IU fans, to me, have always been in that category.

I will always have my NUMBER 1 sports hate spot filled by the Hoosiers. Everyone else comes a distant second. Because I like to think I am a kind, decent, understanding human being. I'm easy going, have a ton of friends over all kinds of sports, too. And why hate me just because I love Kentucky? It's insane.

So to see Kent go off on his beloved Hoosiers, that's a special kind of meltdown. His site has been devoid of Indiana Hoosier basketball talk for a long time, by and large. And no small wonder.

My hope is that the few reasonable IU fans and people in a position to actually start to build IU in any meaningful way, never listen to him.

Nothing more I'd like to see than IU stay irrelevant.

Good riddance.

I've had correspondence with Kent for years. Although it's been awhile, I do wish him the best. I like him, he's a good guy, at least, he's always been kind and very cool towards me.

That said, I agreed with everything he had to say ( with the exception of what he said at the - i think - 8:57ish mark ... no Indiana isn't my school ... lol)

Indiana basketball lived on the laurels of High school basketball & players that moved on to play at IU for the early / mid part of the 20th century. Once the talent left, and the coaching left, it was all downhill. It must really be a sad state for the fans to suffer through this current age of Indiana hoops.

And it has been an AGE - as in ICE AGE - since Indiana was relevant.

Most of my family was from Indiana, hence, they were Hoosier fans. Not my dad, my brother, or me though. They treated us as misfits for our choice of teams, but loved us nonetheless, as we did them. Nevertheless, my experience with the remainder of IU fans, down to the very last one, Kent excluded, has been extremely negative and bordering - no scratch that - it was and has been simply luidicrously stupid at how Hoosier fans have treated myself, personally.

And there was never a reason to.

Sports hate can be taken far too far sometimes, and IU fans, to me, have always been in that category.

I will always have my NUMBER 1 sports hate spot filled by the Hoosiers. Everyone else comes a distant second. Because I like to think I am a kind, decent, understanding human being. I'm easy going, have a ton of friends over all kinds of sports, too. And why hate me just because I love Kentucky? It's insane.

So to see Kent go off on his beloved Hoosiers, that's a special kind of meltdown. His site has been devoid of Indiana Hoosier basketball talk for a long time, by and large. And no small wonder.

My hope is that the few reasonable IU fans and people in a position to actually start to build IU in any meaningful way, never listen to him.

Nothing more I'd like to see than IU stay irrelevant.

Good riddance.
You nailed IU fans (in general ) and their sanctimonious attitude towards all things Kentucky. Being around them all the time, they just go way too far with behavior and treatment of UK fans. Always have and still do.

You nailed IU fans (in general ) and their sanctimonious attitude towards all things Kentucky. Being around them all the time, they just go way too far with behavior and treatment of UK fans. Always have and still do.
Thanks, Fishers ..... I can't understand why, either. Sanctimonious ... GREAT WORD to use for them.

Mention that you "like Kentucky," just MENTION it, and they go off the deep end.

I can understand 1987 and before .... (lol) , that IU fans saw Kentucky as the biggest threat / natural rival and a prime target for sports hate. But it always was far worse than a simple kind of sports hate. I cannot say how many times I have heard Kentucky fans absolute horror stories coming away from Ass Hall with a new freakish crazy / criminal thing IU fans perpetrated towards us. Just unreal.

Since 1987, it's digressed, if that's possible, to a new low of degeneracy and insanity, envy, mixed with pure hatred, wishing to be relevant again in the worst way.

I truly hope Indiana stays irrelevant forever. They deserve it, they earned it, at least in my experience.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT