ADVERTISEMENT

Incoming high profile transfer.

Don't know who yet, but we are expecting some to transfer at the end of season/semester. Don't know who but several have been passed by younger players on the depth chart

Yes, and even some UK players will probably go that route-------good for both parties in a lot of cases, if you want to actually play.

Based on the way he said it you would think it has to be related to Clemson or Dook. Tavien Feaster for Clemson was a very highly rated recruit (#1 APB), and is sharing back up RB duties with 3 or 4 guys, and is way behind the first string RB in terms of carries. The first string guy should be returning for his junior season.

Feaster is a true Junior right now. It would be unusual to see a FB player graduate in three years. But that’s about the best guess I can make in terms of “high profile”. I figure it has to be a guy from a big program and probably a skill position. It makes sense that we would be attractive to a RB transfer.

My sources are telling me Jake Fromm is looking around, as a majority of their fan base expects him to be replaced by Fields at some point

It would be nice to have someone that could be an effective passer. But could our OL protect him? Our pass protection has been ass the whole time Stoops has been here.

The pass blocking has been absolutely awful from day one, but Stoops doesn't coach the OL Schlarman does.

Yes, and even some UK players will probably go that route-------good for both parties in a lot of cases, if you want to actually play.

Sometimes is more about conditions than ability. Ms St. has a 2 year starter in the secondary that orginally signed with us, he got injured, missed some time, fell behind younger guys and couldn't catch back up. Guy is a good player, just had some bad luck with us;n That happens everywhere, but we have some pretty good guys coming out of HS who have all but disappeared on our depth chart.
My sources are telling me Jake Fromm is looking around, as a majority of their fan base expects him to be replaced by Fields at some point

All are expecting that to happen, Jake is a soph and Fields is a Frosh. Fromm has a set of twin brothers, one is headed to Auburn and the other is headed to Mercer, a small instate school.

With offers from Neb and UF. Maybe that's not "high profile" enough for you.

TW was a solid get.

But again he was the second option for both UF (Emory Jones) and Nebraska (Adrian Martinez ).

Once these guys signed TW pretty much had UK left as far as a solid school in a great conference.

However, I am not downplaying that being the 2nd option for either of these schools is petty in any way. It just seems like this myth that TW was a take at either school prior to signing their first option continues to reappear.

Reactions: ukalum1988
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT