ADVERTISEMENT

Did u hear what Boise State did?

bigbluedon

All-SEC
Oct 17, 2012
They were in danger of their first losing season since 1997 and they fired their head coach last Sunday. They were 5-5 at that point and the coach was 22-14, overall. They have high expectations and were not afraid to make a move. Beat the shit out of Utah St yesterday to get to a bowl. Says a lot about the AD and their vision. Does Mitch even watch our games? Stoops needs to resign today.

We can’t afford the buyout, I think I read the Boise buyout is like $3 million. I am as unhappy as anyone about the direction of this program but Stoops will be here at least the next 2 years and probably 3, regardless of results.

Reactions: Rockfly78
We can’t afford the buyout, I think I read the Boise buyout is like $3 million. I am as unhappy as anyone about the direction of this program but Stoops will be here at least the next 2 years and probably 3, regardless of results.
Whatever the time frame is , it’s too long.

Barnhart is not that kind of AD. He is way too invested in these coaches to do real managing.

Reactions: entropy13
Stoops is on the chain until 2030. A buyout right now is something in the 50M neighborhood.

We need to buyout calipari first.

Stoops has performed at better standards than our pathetic history at least.

We need to buyout calipari first.

Stoops has performed at better standards than our pathetic history at least.
That’s not saying much at all. If we’re comparing current success to past success then we might as well pay some guy $2M/yr to babysit the program.

Yea but they also have a way lower budget than we do. Being in the SEC gives us tons of money. I guess that’s a consolation for being everyone’s punching bag.

Stoops isn't getting fired as long as Barn is the AD. With that said, Stoops is definitely under performing for the money he's getting paid. Stoops, get your butt in gear and fix this mess! Stop mailing it in and waiting for the next paycheck to show up in your bank account.

But, but, but…Stoops brought us back from Joker Phillips 2-10 season over a decade ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: howercat
They were in danger of their first losing season since 1997 and they fired their head coach last Sunday. They were 5-5 at that point and the coach was 22-14, overall. They have high expectations and were not afraid to make a move. Beat the shit out of Utah St yesterday to get to a bowl. Says a lot about the AD and their vision. Does Mitch even watch our games? Stoops needs to resign today.
I mean - did they have a $55million buyout?Probably not.

Mitch was on the sidelines last night right in the middle of it. Hopefully he paid attention to the grade school level coaching

Yeah so be must've been bad..the rest of their coaches have a history of moving on to the power 5 and bombing

Oh we can afford it. Cut him loose, negotiate the buyout, and move on

One word for you dude. Buyout.

This is one of those occasions where you should wish in one hand and shit in the other. See which one fills up first

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT