ADVERTISEMENT

In your honest opinion who would you rank ahead of Kentucky after last nights slaughter of #8 Miami?

HerrosHeroes

All-American
Aug 16, 2018
Miami seemed absolutely gassed after halftime.

They had zero energy as if they had shot their proverbial wad in the 1st 20 minutes.

You could tell after the first couple of possessions in the 2nd half that they were toast.

Why was that?

How good are we avg 95 ppg?

What is the most ppg UK has ever averaged in a season?

Will the Cal haters heads explode soon or can they hold out until we humiliate North Carolina and then give up the ghost?

Ha ha ha!!!!

This team is at a development point where they could lose to several teams on a given night. But, if healthy, no team is better top to bottom.

I've said since summer this team would win the SEC and be a 1 seed. Certainly a FF team. After the FF you need some luck too.

We are still going to need at least one of the bigs and hopefully Wagner is not hurt bad.

It depends on whether you're asking the excited life-long die-hard UK fan or the realistic basketball fan.

#1 or about #7-10. Still too early to tell. Several unbeatens and several with only one "good" loss like us.

Right now we’re a top 10 team for sure. I’m waiting to see how our bigs flow into our lineup. As of now, we are suspect to an opposing skilled big man. But that should change soon.
At this point, If we can get Bradshaw healthy and playing in the regular rotation, that's all we really need to complete the puzzle. Big Z and Onyenso are just icing on the cake if they play at all. Give us an inside presence to help rebounding and allow Mitchell to be utilized as a stretch 4 and there's no stopping us. Have to think we move up into the top 5 if we take care of business Saturday. We have to vault some teams after that, right?

We are a good team. We were on home court. Play Miami on their court and the score would not be the same. Our weak point is giving up drives to the bucket. Hopefully any returning 7 footer may help with that.

With Bradshaw coming back, the window to beat this UK team is closing fast.

I see no one more talented than us in NCAA. Some would be a bad match up (maybe Purdue) but no one has more talent
Reed Sheppard has been the key. Without him I think we are no better than in recent years. He's been the most surprising freshman in College Basketball in my opinion. When he's on the floor the team is just better and more cohesive. Somebody please step up and pay the kid enough to keep him here 4 years please.

Top five for sure. We lost to Kansas so hard not to rank them above us. Looking forward to the rematch.

Right now we’re a top 10 team for sure. I’m waiting to see how our bigs flow into our lineup. As of now, we are suspect to an opposing skilled big man. But that should change soon.
Excellent answer. I feel we're a top ten team too but still with the issue of no real big man. Plus, don't want Wagner out long or have it be a season long issue. We're good but the season has a long way to go.

Reactions: dl51344
IMO, rankings are meaningless until late February when NCAA seedings are being identified. I’ve had my fill of top 3 rankings especially in the pre/early season lists.
I would like to see us hover in the top 10 spots and move up as the season matures. Of course if we keep winning, the pollsters will elevated us accordingly…but I like the underdog role for this group.

Reactions: dl51344
Have seen Purdue play and cannot imagine them beating us. I like three of their players but think the large amount of really good players we have would overwhelm them. It would have to be a major out coaching job for a team like that to beat us. The talent discrepancy is huge with a lot of the top teams.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Whoa!! Slow down there Tex…. Bigs returning adds an element of risk to the team for some weeks. Then we’ll have to see. Opposing coaches aren’t just going to let Reed go off all over them with no response. We have to see how Reed reacts. Our offense is based on exactly one thing right now. Passing. Guess what? There is another team that capitalizes on passing. Duke. They get beat, passing can be defended. Which brings me to ny last point. Our defense was better against Miami, but our defense is not good. This a glaring weakness. I can assure you coaches are studying film on how to exploit those weaknesses and how to shut down our passing.

Reed gave fans good advice. Enjoy the win last night. Then back to work.

This shit is a LONG way from over.

Reactions: rabbitTown
I dont know or care.

I do know the rest of 2023 schedule sets UK up to have 1 loss heading into 2024 and get to beat unc and UL along the way.

Oh yeah. Uconn did look pretty good. And if Purdue guards are hitting then yes
The best thing about this year’s team so far isn’t whether we are hitting, but when we aren’t. Rarely have we been able to say this, except maybe back in the Pitino years, or Cal’s almost-undefeated season.

The majority of the time this season we will be hitting shots, vs worrying if we will be missing, which has been the usual.

Also, leaving the game last night was funny. The handful of Miami fans that passed us responded “yeah yeah we’ll be in the Final Four when you’re at home on the couch!”. Arrogant bunch of fans who just had their asses handed to them by a true contender.

• Haha
If it was on a neutral court I would feel better, but Purdue is the only team I would put over them. When we have a big man playing up to their hype, maybe that changes.

Top five for sure. We lost to Kansas so hard not to rank them above us. Looking forward to the rematch.
I disagree with that only because Edwards is now a factor whereas he disappeared when we played Kansas.

I disagree with that only because Edwards is now a factor whereas he disappeared when we played Kansas.
You legit think we should be ranked higher than Kansas because Edwards had a good game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT