ADVERTISEMENT

In your honest opinion who would you rank ahead of Kentucky after last nights slaughter of #8 Miami?

With Bradshaw coming back, the window to beat this UK team is closing fast.

I see no one more talented than us in NCAA. Some would be a bad match up (maybe Purdue) but no one has more talent
Edey and Purdue's guards could NOT keep up with our overall speed and pace and skills.

Reactions: University-6
Top 5, top 7 team currently.

If we dictate the pace of play, no one can keep up with us. Even Miami was gassed tonight. Purdue is good, UCONN is good, as is Marquette - but can any of them keep up with our speed and pace of play? (I have not seen any of the 3 play)

The ease at which a big integrates into this team and style of play could move us to a top 1 or 2 team quickly

Reactions: KY Long Rifle
Purdue is better than last year, and Painter finally has a wing who can get to the rim. Until they lose, they are the team to beat. I'd say UConn is right behind them. Zona has looked really good against solid teams thus far, too. Having seen all of the top 15 or so, I'd rank UK 5 or 6 right now. Bradshaw changes everything - for the better OR worse (funky lineups, chemistry, etc.).

Another question. How many still think Miami is actually the number 8 team in the nation? Bueller? Bueller?
So we beat the #8 team and the best you have is "they probably were in fact way overrated...". Which in essence means "I still don't think UK is that good - we just beat an overrated Miami team, that's all".

Talk about a Debbie Downer....

So we beat the #8 team and the best you have is "they probably were in fact way overrated...". Which in essence means "I still don't think UK is that good - we just beat an overrated Miami team, that's all".

You like smoke up your ass? Obviously.

Trying to understand objectively where we are. I don’t think Miami will figure in the final four. Kansas may not make second week.

I'd say we're 5th right now. In no particular order Purdue, Marquette, UConn, and Arizona are probably ahead of us. Our defense just isn't there yet. All those other teams have offenses and defenses in the top 10. Looking just at metrics Houston is probably in the conversation too, they just haven't proved it on the court yet.

Reactions: Runnin'Ramel
Haven’t watched UConn yet, but the knowledgeable media personalities seem impressed by them. This year’s Purdue team has a bit different feel…like they have a will to win and will win maybe even when they shouldn’t. The players themselves are tough in the literal, blue collar sense. Hate to say it, but Kansas also has that same “screw you, we’re doing this,” attitude this season. Kentucky should be able to beat anyone, but they need to not falter to their mental block, too amped, trying too hard in big moments tendencies like we saw a lot in last year’s team and a little this year against Kansas and in the first half against Miami.

Miami seemed absolutely gassed after halftime.

They had zero energy as if they had shot their proverbial wad in the 1st 20 minutes.

You could tell after the first couple of possessions in the 2nd half that they were toast.

Why was that?

How good are we avg 95 ppg?

What is the most ppg UK has ever averaged in a season?

Will the Cal haters heads explode soon or can they hold out until we humiliate North Carolina and then give up the ghost?

Ha ha ha!!!!

I like Marquette a lot.

That post was the equivalent to the Overrated chant by the fans. Way to downplay your win.

Reactions: TheDude73
I'd say we're 5th right now. In no particular order Purdue, Marquette, UConn, and Arizona are probably ahead of us. Our defense just isn't there yet. All those other teams have offenses and defenses in the top 10. Looking just at metrics Houston is probably in the conversation too, they just haven't proved it on the court yet.
I don't see our Defense moving up all that high, even by season's end. The way we play, we are going to give up points. We aren't going to win games 90-45 in the SEC. But, if our offense stays hot, we don't need the defense to be in the Top 20. Other teams do need that.

Posted this elsewhere... but deserves to be here.
We have no idea how good Miami really is at this point. No one should care about these games... especially home games. Granted, wins are always nice, but home blowouts don't help us.
This isn't the the time of year to be blowing people away. Most coaching staffs are still experimenting for when it does matter. We clobbered KU in 2021-2022 and how did that end for us?... and for them?

We have no idea how good Miami really is at this point. No one should care about these games... especially home games. Granted, wins are always nice, but home blowouts don't help us.
This isn't the the time of year to be blowing people away. Most coaching staffs are still experimenting for when it does matter. We clobbered KU in 2021-2022 and how did that end for us?... and for them?
Yes, exactly. They say don’t count your chickens before they hatch. It’s too early to be sure we even have eggs. One very sobering thing here. We are 1 - 1 against quality competition. Of that Kansas has since been beaten and struggled. Based on what I saw last night, I’ve seen at least 15 teams play 2 or more quarters better than Miami.

I will state again, follow Reed’s lead. Enjoy the win and move on. We have things we need to fix, especially on defense. To borrow a saying from Eddard Stark, “Winter is coming.”

Reactions: rabbitTown
with one of our 3 seven footers back we will be the most complete team in the country
with two of them back............oh man, watchout

Reactions: University-6
The CHC would have had this site in meltdown had we lost that meaningless game last night.

Have seen Purdue play and cannot imagine them beating us. I like three of their players but think the large amount of really good players we have would overwhelm them. It would have to be a major out coaching job for a team like that to beat us. The talent discrepancy is huge with a lot of the top teams.
If we get all 3 bigs playing, giving 15 fouls to use on Eddy, we could be Purdue

Miami seemed absolutely gassed after halftime.

They had zero energy as if they had shot their proverbial wad in the 1st 20 minutes.

You could tell after the first couple of possessions in the 2nd half that they were toast.

Why was that?

How good are we avg 95 ppg?

What is the most ppg UK has ever averaged in a season?

Will the Cal haters heads explode soon or can they hold out until we humiliate North Carolina and then give up the ghost?

Ha ha ha!!!!

I would have to sat Purdue (washing my mouth out with soap) and Kansas, b.c. they beat us on a neutral floor. At Rupp we blow them out..

Kansas beat East Illinois by 8. At home. 8. Yeah, they are going to lose a handful in the B12.
I mean, it's pretty easy to overlook a team like that, come out with little to no energy/emotion, and just expect a win. We've seen it TONS of times with UK at Rupp, no? People are reading wayyyy too much into that result. UK just needed OT last week to get by St. Joe's, after all .... they're better than Eastern IL, but you get the point.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I’ve been impressed with UCONN again. I had them winning the national title last year after they dismantled a top 10 team (can’t remember who) in December. And they ended up pulling it off. Marquettes guards are really good. I’m not worried about Purdue.

You legit think we should be ranked higher than Kansas because Edwards had a good game?
He didn't just have a good game. He has been getting better every game since Kansas. Don't be blinded by an agenda. Wagner still needs to come along like I said. Yes, if Edwards plays like that and odds are he will then KY is a better team than KU.

He didn't just have a good game. He has been getting better every game since Kansas. Don't be blinded by an agenda. Wagner still needs to come along like I said. Yes, if Edwards plays like that and odds are he will then KY is a better team than KU.

Pretty sure the rankings don’t work like that.

Reactions: storm1507
Pretty sure the rankings don’t work like that.
Haha.....I don't think that was the question. The question was who would I rank ahead of KY. My answer right now is Purdue. I can rank however I wish, pretty sure of that

Reactions: chroix
Haha.....I don't think that was the question. The question was who would I rank ahead of KY. My answer right now is Purdue. I can rank however I wish, pretty sure of that

Do it. We’re better than they are. Hope we get to prove it in March.

so far this year if we get 1 big back the only team i have seen that worries me is Zona

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT