ADVERTISEMENT

In remembrance of Terrence Clarke

crawfords corner

All-American
Jul 9, 2004
EzoCqYQWEAIClvF.jpg:large

He was always smiling. Always. Seemed like a really good kid.

There's been times I've been tempted to drive home from the convenience store without my seatbelt (it's less than half a mile on my way home) and I always think about what happened. And I put it on. It's just not worth it.

There's been times I've been tempted to drive home from the convenience store without my seatbelt (it's less than half a mile on my way home) and I always think about what happened. And I put it on. It's just not worth it.
Too little, too late.

Reactions: NociHTTP

It’s funny you say that. I haven’t tried running a red light since that day. It’s always in the back of my mind.

Not wearing a seatbelt is not really the problem. How fast he was driving (and I think he was doing pot, too, not sure about that part) and endangering so many other peoples' lives is the real problem here.

It’s funny you say that. I haven’t tried running a red light since that day. It’s always in the back of my mind.
His death was certainly tragic and he is missed, but not sure what was going through his head to think he could run that light at 90MPH on a busy street and think he would survive. His death was certainly preventable.

His death was certainly tragic and he is missed, but not sure what was going through his head to think he could run that light at 90MPH on a busy street and think he would survive. His death was certainly preventable.
Of course it was. He was 19 and going to be a rich NBA player. He, like every other teenager, wasn't thinking about mortality. Kid made a dumb decision and he paid the ultimate price. Sadly happens way too much with that age group.

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
Not wearing a seatbelt is not really the problem. How fast he was driving (and I think he was doing pot, too, not sure about that part) and endangering so many other peoples' lives is the real problem here.
Had he been wearing one his chance of survival would've gone up. Of course the other things are issues too. But the not wearing the seatbelt was the thing compounded it.

Nineteen year old kids make bad decisions. We had a car full down here in WKY speeding around a curve, not a one of them wearing one. 6 people crammed into a small car and was overweight. Drifted into the other lane. Slammed into a vehicle head on. Killed everyone involved. Kids make bad decisions because they don't think about death or consequences when they're that young (not very often anyway).

Reactions: NociHTTP
It would be nice to do something for him on Senior Day next year.
If someone got this idea to the basketball dept I bet they’d honor him with a framed jersey/ball display on the court for his parents to accept on his behalf. It would be a nice gesture that 4 years later he isn’t forgotten by the KENTUCKY family and BBN even w a change of guard

Reactions: bbncal02
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT