ADVERTISEMENT

In all honesty we are about where

Kybluedude

All-SEC
Nov 19, 2005
the preseason SEC coaches and CBS media polls picked us. Hoping we continue the upswing from Tuesday and get up to at least get a first round bye in the SEC tourney. Winning the regular season has sailed.

Still have the tourneys.

Reactions: Fox2monk
We’re going to take some more regular season L’s but I do think this team seems like one that will be good in the SEC tourney.

Kind of interesting when you think of just how bad Edwards was for us (might as well have just removed him from this great class we had) Bradshaw being pretty meh, and DJ being merely decent.

This star studded class that seemed like a top3 class for Cal.. is more along the lines of one of his middling classes as of right now, speaking in terms of production. So 6 losses.. kind of seems about where we'd be at.

I guess we should just be happy to make the tournament. That is how far the program has fallen. SMH
You don't fully understand the new narrative spin - that the SEC is so much better now so it's not our/UK's/Cal's fault that we don't dominate anymore.

So don't feel bad or worry about it. It's just entertainment after all and it shouldn't make you miserable.

Kind of interesting when you think of just how bad Edwards was for us (might as well have just removed him from this great class we had) Bradshaw being pretty meh, and DJ being merely decent.

This star studded class that seemed like a top3 class for Cal.. is more along the lines of one of his middling classes as of right now, speaking in terms of production. So 6 losses.. kind of seems about where we'd be at.
Spot on.

We are about where the computers say we should be. Which should be good for 1 or 2 games in the NCAA tourn if we go in no lower than at a 6.

You don't fully understand the new narrative spin - that the SEC is so much better now so it's not our/UK's/Cal's fault that we don't dominate anymore.

So don't feel bad or worry about it. It's just entertainment after all and it shouldn't make you miserable.
The SEC is way better than it’s ever been, thinking it’s not is ridiculous. Cal is also massively underachieving with the talent and rosters he has in the league now. Both can be true

Last edited:
I call b.s. I recall pre-season here people getting mad at Lunardi for suggesting we would not be a one or two seed, many suggesting we "might" have one or two road losses (and no one was suggesting this team would lose at home three times...so far), the only real threat being Tenn, and the same nonsense every preseason only for reality this season being far worse. There's no excuse, sorry.

Should have won the Florida and UNCW games should be 18-4 right now. Those were clear wins you are favored by 19 at home you can't lose that game. You are up 4 pts with 28 seconds left at home you can't lose that game.

Cal is no longer capable of winning the league, making a Final Four or even getting a 1/2 seed. Best we can hope for with him is a miracle SEC/NCAA tournament run where our guys play out their ass.

Last edited:
Reactions: EliteBlue
Where would this team be with Dickenson ? I know we all hate him but if he was on Kentucky would Kentucky be a top 5 team in the Nation right now ? I think we would.

Reactions: TM2013
Where would this team be with Dickenson ? I know we all hate him but if he was on Kentucky would Kentucky be a top 5 team in the Nation right now ? I think we would.
It's not the players, or player misses. The problem is a pattern featuring one common denominator.

As opposed to assuming the worst is always going to happen? I’ll take hope over nope all day.

I mean sure, but I’ll take wins over hope. And at this point hope is more realistic than meaningful wins.

I’m expecting us to win today, for the record.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT