ADVERTISEMENT

I'm still hopeful we can string enough wins together to avoid the NIT

GOKU9876

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2018
If we can make the NCAA, I think this team has a chance to come together, like they did at West Virginia. But like some others, I think it might be time to reconsider the recruiting strategy a bit, and focus more on the best 4 star players and lower tier 5 stars, so we can have 3 year players, JMO.

GO CATS.....

Reactions: Dirt Court King
Looks like they finish 20-11 by splitting the 6 games remaining. 3 wins at home and 3 road losses. Might have to win a couple in the SEC tournament. Just trying to be realistic.

Last edited:
Looks they finish 20-11 by splitting the 6 games remaining. 3 wins at home and 3 road losses. Might have to win a couple
in the SEC tournament. Just trying to be realistic.
Alabama next Saturday at home might not be a sure win. Maybe we can win at Arkansas. Perhaps Florida.

Not confident about any game except Ole Miss.

Reactions: crpoore
Ole Miss. that’s about it.

Right now, if you gave me 3-3 without playing another game, I would take it.
Cats will be favored in the home games and underdogs in the road games. The home games look winnable but the team I saw play last night isn't going to win on the road.
I wish the outlook was better but I just don't see them winning another road game.

If we can make the NCAA, I think this team has a chance to come together, like they did at West Virginia. But like some others, I think it might be time to reconsider the recruiting strategy a bit, and focus more on the best 4 star players and lower tier 5 stars, so we can have 3 year players, JMO.

GO CATS.....
Problem is that everybody was beating west Virginia for a 3 week stretch.

Fans and trolls wake up yes we are 17-8 but we still have a decent resume with a #20 RPI and #5 SOS. Has anyone went out and looked at the NCAA Tourney last year. There was 16 At Large teams that had double digit losses from 10 Losses to 15 losses. Don't you remember that Vanderbilt was an At Large team that was 19-15 as a 9 seed? Coach cal will turn this around and will have us ready at March Madness.

Agree,but where do those 3 wins come from,one may have to happen in the SECT

Good question. I think we beat Ole Miss at home and I think we split between Alabama and Missouri. That's two. The last one I think will just be one of the remaining games where someone (Knox, SGA, Green whoever) gets hot like happened in the West Virginia game. We are not a very good offensive team but someone throws in a solid game every 4th or 5th contest. I think that gets us to 20 wins. I think that everyone thought we had "turned the corner" in the West Virginia game where in reality we just had an anomalous 2nd half. I think it will happen again. What is making this year feel like a disaster is that this is a very young (even by Cal's standards) team playing in a vastly improved SEC. Our conference is going to help us this year and we definitely need it. You see teams making the tournament at 19-13 or 20-12 all the time. They are higher seeds but they are still in and can make some noise if they get hot. I think we are going to be in around the 7-10 range.

JB

Cats will be favored in the home games and underdogs in the road games. The home games look winnable but the team I saw play last night isn't going to win on the road.
I wish the outlook was better but I just don't see them winning another road game.
Maybe, but after watching Alabama yesterday, that’s not a given home win by any stretch.

Missouri is capable of beating us also, but I think we end up winning that game. Ole Miss is one of the worst teams in all of the power five conferences. They couldn’t win in a YMCA league.

Agree,but where do those 3 wins come from,one may have to happen in the SECT
I think they win remaining home games and steal a win @ either Arkansas or @ Florida. Finish 21-10 and win one or two in SEC tourney. Will be in 6-8 seed range.

Fans and trolls wake up yes we are 17-8 but we still have a decent resume with a #20 RPI and #5 SOS. Has anyone went out and looked at the NCAA Tourney last year. There was 16 At Large teams that had double digit losses from 10 Losses to 15 losses. Don't you remember that Vanderbilt was an At Large team that was 19-15 as a 9 seed? Coach cal will turn this around and will have us ready at March Madness.

We might make the tourney but nothing is getting turned around. One and done will be our motto all post season long. One and done in SECT and one and done in NCAA. Cal had to coach to turn things around and he doesn't appear interested in doing that this season.

Just stop with this nonsense. I don’t give a damn about rpi and sos.

We should be on a four game losing streak, and after Auburn smokes our heartless, lazy asses on Tuesday, we will be.

Guys it’s over, if you mentally prepare yourself for the NIT it will be much easier to deal with when it happens. This team will lose anywhere between 4-6 of the remaining games.

Well considering we are now off the AP charts and in the middle of the SEC pack, and we're playing a top ten team on their court...yeah we may not be the underdog very often but we most definetly are at the moment.

And of course even with us being quite mediocre at the moment you can bet every other team in SEC circles in big red the day of us coming to their court and their players/fans are always hungry for a win against the "Evil Empire". I just hope we can come in even more hungry for a big upset to get ourselves back on track.

Yes I'm well aware anything can happen in the NCAA's *cough*2014*cough* but that is absolutely no excuse for us not to spend the remaining four weeks until Selection Sunday working towards getting ourselves the highest seed and thus best chance we can get.

It already is the worst team under Cal. I think Nerlens team (when healthy) crushes this team.

The fact that we are even approaching any sort of "on the bubble" crap is inexcusable by UK standards. We have to get our act back together...and we can best do that with scoring a big upset against Auburn.

"Upset Auburn" That comment reminds me of the Billy G medieval years..

I see a final regular season record of 20-11 (win three home games and lose three road games). If we were to only go 2-4 (heaven forbid worse), I can see us on the outside looking in. If we were to only win 2 of the last 6, we would have ended the season losing 7 of our last 9 games. That would equal NIT. And it would be well deserved.

Just stop with this nonsense. I don’t give a damn about rpi and sos.

We should be on a four game losing streak, and after Auburn smokes our heartless, lazy asses on Tuesday, we will be.
Probably will be on a four game losing streak after Wednesday. It’s difficult to see a win at Auburn with the way they playing. But that is the reason they play the games and if they did win Wednesday, it changes things certainly.

The big question is, has the team quit. Have they packed it in? It certainly looked like it Saturday night. If so, it's over anyway.

I never quit on my Cats until we lose in the NCAAs. I felt that way in 2014 (I'm not just saying that in hindsight; look up my posts at the psacard.com forum from that time if you don't believe me). And if any of the players have any thoughts of packing it in well, they shouldn't even be allowed in our entire state. :p

GO CATS.....

C'mon troll, you'd blend in a bit better if you knew it's UK not KU

hidden_a_hidden_troll_by_azradraco_d5da445.png

It seems to be a mental thing for the most part with this team and that is fixable. I know this team can play well, I’ve seen it.

Reactions: WildcatDJ
Alabama next Saturday at home might not be a sure win. Maybe we can win at Arkansas. Perhaps Florida.

Not confident about any game except Ole Miss.

And then you realize this will be Andy Kennedy's last game against UK.

C'mon troll, you'd blend in a bit better if you knew it's UK not KU

hidden_a_hidden_troll_by_azradraco_d5da445.png

I've already said this. Apparently a Goku is part of dragonballz. Knew the show but not the characters.

NOT the best name for a UK message board. I would have flipped it to GOUK, but then it just looks like GO UK.

But better than a name that 90% of people here will think is Kansas.

Oh well,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT