ADVERTISEMENT

I'm not quitting on this team

A

anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y

Yeah yeah yeah, I know, Sunshine pumper, go ahead it out of your system. Say what you will but given the inexperience of this youthful team and their UPSIDE, this team has slowly improved versus when we started SEC play. For 33 minutes last night, this team played even with Auburn (#10) in the country. They took Auburn out of their game. Don't believe me, listen to Bruce Pearl's post game presser. He was very complimentary of Kentucky and it wasn't just fluff. So go ahead, wax negative all you want. Continue to start threads blaming Coach Cal. I'm all in!!!! Climb aboard ladies and gents!!!!

The team/players need some positive games to turn it around. The margin for error is small but we could have won some games by eliminating simple errors. I wish they would stop jumping and then deciding to look to pass, PJ and Diallo do this too much. I’m not talking about lobbing for dunks but rather going up for a shot and changing your mind because in a bad position.

Three weeks ago, I quit hoping that these guys would turn into a dangerous team and be a tough out in the NCAA.
Two weeks ago, I quit hoping they could right the ship and win the SEC.
One week ago, I quit hoping they would win 20 games before the post season.
Now? I'm only hoping they will make the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
Ok f^ck it, I'm on board. Exhale the negative and inhale the positive. I believe in this team, I believe we will win Sat and I believe this team sucks it up and gets back on track with whooping some Tide Pod a$$!

No more negative Nancy from this guy. Let's Go Cats!

For a few minutes of a stretch our defense was the best it's been all year. Now if we can sustain that.

I was most encouraged by Wenyen. Really believe he has the ability yyo become a real offensive option.

Reactions: Catclass15
For me, being a fan means respecting your coach and players and rooting for your team to win even when it really, really looks like they can't win. Even when it has looked like they can't win for a long time. Sometimes that gets you hurt a little. It's painful to hope hard for something and then not get it. But real men can handle pain. They even get something from it, even if it's only toughness. And every once in a while pretty much every team will win one they shouldn't have been able to win. You can get something special out of that, and it's one of the nicer things in life. But you can only get it if you were really rooting from your heart from the beginning. And for me every single part of this is about having honor. One of those rare things that all by itself is even more valuable than the pride that comes from seeing your team win championships could ever be.

I know there are other ways to define fanhood. "Free speech" and all...

At this point it’s more about fixing the offense specifically. Defense in general has improved, which in theory is the hard part and requires the most elbow grease

So maybe it’s not about no effort on offense and simply we cannot seem to figure out spacing and flow. It’s tough because we have nobody to bail us out of a bad play like we used to. Nobody polished around the rim. Nobody particularly dangerous from deep. Everybody struggles to score off the dribble. So while I’ve not given up, I don’t see any of these things just magically getting fixed within four or five more games. I just hope enough guys come back and close the gaps over summer

Reactions: musrat59
I don't expect to post something like this next season. What we see now is too young, too few basketball skills, too many eyes on the NBA with no upper class leadership. The perfect "one and done storm".

Cal already seems to be adjusting with the three new recruits. So I don't expect a repetition of this year while Cal is in control

hey look the daily need to feel superior to other people because I believe harder thread!

I think We will win the game but damn we have had a thread like this every game the last month and we still lost 4 in a row. Kind of proves we make no difference whether we believe or not

Reactions: BlueRunner11
Yeah yeah yeah, I know, Sunshine pumper, go ahead it out of your system. Say what you will but given the inexperience of this youthful team and their UPSIDE, this team has slowly improved versus when we started SEC play. For 33 minutes last night, this team played even with Auburn (#10) in the country. They took Auburn out of their game. Don't believe me, listen to Bruce Pearl's post game presser. He was very complimentary of Kentucky and it wasn't just fluff. So go ahead, wax negative all you want. Continue to start threads blaming Coach Cal. I'm all in!!!! Climb aboard ladies and gents!!!!

He knows he should have lost that game on Wed.

hey look the daily need to feel superior to other people because I believe harder thread!

I think We will win the game but damn we have had a thread like this every game the last month and we still lost 4 in a row. Kind of proves we make no difference whether we believe or not
Here's a novel idea, instead of raining on threads with negativity, how about just moving along? It's actually easy to do. Just takes a little discipline.

Reactions: Cindog28
SEC is tough. Just make the big tournament and hope the SEC schedule makes UK good against out of conference foes. That's the only hope I have.
Sometimes a legit conference schedule can help a team make a run.
I take back my ''NO CHANCE'' comment. Coach Cal can coach a team in a tournament better than he can a regular season usually and UK played a LEGIT schedule. They also have more stars by their name than any team they might play in the tourney. . They have a chance.

Look the daily bitch when someone is positive post.

I’ll definitely take my life over yours!! You’ve gone from a solid poster to one of the most negative bitches on here. Hell I am as frustrated as the next guy and hate the losses but I’ll keep supporting and cheering for this team until the end of the season hoping for the best. Then get ready for next year. That’s why they play the game and it’s never a sure thing. Man if you are that miserable then you might want to step away a bit.

He needs a Riccola sponsorship.

Here's a novel idea, instead of raining on threads with negativity, how about just moving along? It's actually easy to do. Just takes a little discipline.

Negative or positive, never understand posters wanting to shut up other ones (trolls aside).

On a message board, positive thinking doesnt make this team play with any more heart than negativity does.

Negative or positive, never understand posters wanting to shut up other ones (trolls aside).

On a message board, positive thinking doesnt make this team play with any more heart than negativity does.
You sound negative.

Just win today boys! I don't give a rats ass about the record or the rankings. They showed some major improvement at Auburn, but just need to learn how to close out a game. Just go out, play balls to the wall, and compete your asses off! Give me John Calipari in March!

I can’t see it. I could if the cats had one guy that has the ability to go off but there’s not one that can do it.

this team offensively has regressed in the Sec I don't know what you are watching. They don't make 3's or 2's, don't box out, get out hustled every game, and have no hope of being a good Ncaa team. I watched UK for 50 years and this team is one of the worst to watch play ever. I have total faith in Cal and love him as our coach but sometimes everything you do mdoesn't work with these aau basketball players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT