ADVERTISEMENT

I'm going to date myself on this

It can't be the same, the internet made shows like that irrelevant. Highlights and game results are on Twitter or Reddit 30 seconds after they happen. I hate how ESPN became a hot take channel that just tries to make what their talking heads say the actual story, but they had to do something to try to stay relevant. ESPN of 20 years ago just doesn't work in today's media environment.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
but I really loved watching Sportscenter after games like this back in the day with Keith Olberman and Dan Patrick, pre internet

its not even close to the same now

Scott Van Pelt is pretty smug. Everything he reports on the games of that day, he seems to take it from the angle like he's a fan of all the teams that won. Not that he IS a fan, but it's his tone. Almost dogging every team that losses.

Reactions: catben
but I really loved watching Sportscenter after games like this back in the day with Keith Olberman and Dan Patrick, pre internet

I was there my man, I was there… along with Stuart Scott, RIP. Van Pelt and Linda Cohn are my only two faves left. Did Hannah Storm leave?

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
It was a blast back in the day. Every sport was fun to watch back then. Hockey was even really fun back then cause there were fights all the time and still some great players like Gretzky. Now both Olbermann and Patrick are douches that just want to believe that their opinion really counts for anything.

the closest thing I have now is the half time report of the following game, so I'm halfway listening to Bama/Clemson waiting for halftime

but Perry Clark? ugh

• Haha
Reactions: catben

I thought Kilborn Olberman was the best SportsCenter lineup outside of Chris Berman.

I loved waking up early before school the morning after a big win to watch the highlights on Sportscenter.

Olberman, Scott, Eisen, Berman, and Patrick were prominent voices of my childhood.

It was a blast back in the day. Every sport was fun to watch back then. Hockey was even really fun back then cause there were fights all the time and still some great players like Gretzky. Now both Olbermann and Patrick are douches that just want to believe that their opinion really counts for anything.
Hockey is fun without the fights. Underrated sport.

Used to watch it every morning while eating breakfast before middle school in the 90’s. Loved it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT