ADVERTISEMENT

I'm calling it right now concerning Bradshaw injury

I for one think he will struggle with the college game so definitely can see him being held out to be an unknown going into next years draft.
He is better going into the draft as an unknown. That’s just it. The nba is Will to play millions for kids who can’t play. This cat looks like another problem to me. Hope I’m wrong.

Not that anyone needs to research my posts but I did probably at least a few weeks ago post that it would be silly not to expect injuries based upon our history every year. This won't be the last one either. If we don't have sufficient back-up talent that's on Cal.

It's been big business for decades. The only difference now is that the players actually have some control.
I'm more than ready for a return to the days when players had pride in playing for their school. I miss "we've got spirit, yes we do ....". Maybe one day they'll separate college w/ scholarships from college w/ NIL.

Reactions: Blueheart32
I'm more than ready for a return to the days when players had pride in playing for their school. I miss "we've got spirit, yes we do ....". Maybe one day they'll separate college w/ scholarships from college w/ NIL.
Afraid those are gone forever. NIL is partly the cause, and the transfer portal is the proof

My fear is he will never play one minute for us. I am afraid his posse, people, AAU Coach, family, hangers on, peeps, advisors, boys, High School Coach will shut him down so as not to risk further injury.
I hope and pray I am wrong and will gladly eat crow if I am.
You know none of these people but call them his posse.

Couch Cal = Schelprock

x99Ej3i.png

Assuming he does play mid season or sooner how effective will he be, returning from foot injury, no team practice and displacing whoever takes his place?

My guess is Cal had his henchman break his foot so he has a excuse for sucking another year.

I don't disagree, but in 2022 UK brought in a total of $159,000,000 in sports revenue. How much does a full scholarship *really* cost?

NIL exists because the NCAA never addressed the issue. Universities were getting rich off of highly skilled athletes whose only compensation was tuition, room, and board.

There was a poster who shared this days ago and was mocked.

At least it's happened while the portal is still an option. Mgbako/Kaluma/Nelson look a lot better at the 4 now that it isn't locked down now. Too bad on those names.

Kluth probably don’t want to see poor kid embarrassed in Canada by chumps…….so, broken foot. It’ll heal in time to start conference play, but then he will reinjure in practice and won’t be able to play until late February…….but he will then not be put into a game. Season over.

Someone bookmark this post. JVC - the best coach on the planet.

Last edited:
Cal has killed UK basketball for me.Not even Billy clyde ruined it but Cal is burning the house down.
We had a guy who regularly posted here until relatively recently who said exactly the same thing. Said Calipari will burn the program down before he's done at UK. Looks like Morg was dead on.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
I don't disagree, but in 2022 UK brought in a total of $159,000,000 in sports revenue. How much does a full scholarship *really* cost?

NIL exists because the NCAA never addressed the issue. Universities were getting rich off of highly skilled athletes whose only compensation was tuition, room, and board.
Kind of the point of scholarships, yes?

I think the media is just messing with the BBN right now
It's mid-June, no way this kid is not ready 5 months from now.
Absolutely. Put a boot on, lift weights, and rehab the foot. We'll see ya in October. If not GTFO.
With this much time and resources available there's no reason Bradshaw shouldn't play. If he sits out BBN needs to protest all UK basketball activities until this charade is over.

Perfect setup. He comes back plays a game or 2 and looks like crap, oh still injured better sit out and heal so not hurt NBA Stock. Comes back looks Great, better sit so not to take a chance of reinjuring and hurt NBA Stock.

I think the media is just messing with the BBN right now
It's mid-June, no way this kid is not ready 5 months from now.
Normally I would agree.

But remember how long Sharp was here, and he never could get ready to play.

Reactions: delk4three
Ok, you don’t think he’ll play. What’s your plan? What do you do about it?
Not screw up and miss every good option the portal had to offer.
Heck, even if Bradshaw was 100%, Cal still needed someone else at the 4 and 5, but he put forth minimal effort, now we're screwed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT