ADVERTISEMENT

If Wimsett ever hands off...

brian.mikeson

Sophomore
Aug 30, 2014
It'll be a HUGE gain for the RB.

He is 100% keep right now and every DC on our schedule will know it too.

There's an extra gap to defend with a QB who can run, but if he ALWAYS runs it off fake action, you lose that advantage.

I just KNEW when he came in at the 5yd line he'd finally give it...but no. Luckily the one time he actually did finally give up the ball it went to Kattus in one of the least "Kentucky-Football Plays" ever!

1) I don't like randomly bringing him in

2) you're exactly right. He needs to read that instead of keep every time. Today the give was wide open a few times.
Initially I was actually a huge fan of the concept. I knew he wasn't bowden but I was thinking, hell if we had a D1 starter running true triple threat rpos where it was like 40/40/20 handoff run pass split it could be a nice change up. But instead it has turned into a poor imitation of bowden with even less trickery, just thankfully one amazing bounce

Yeah, I’m not a huge fan of how we deployed him today. I get it that he’s an explosive enough athlete that we want to get him some touches, but we need to make it less obvious and have him give to the running back or even occasionally throw the ball on some plays. Having it be 100% a QB run with him on the field like it was today makes things too easy on the defense and takes away most of the advantage he could theoretically give us.

Yeah, I’m not a huge fan of how we deployed him today. I get it that he’s an explosive enough athlete that we want to get him some touches, but we need to make it less obvious and have him give to the running back or even occasionally throw the ball on some plays. Having it be 100% a QB run with him on the field like it was today makes things too easy on the defense and takes away most of the advantage he could theoretically give us.

Yeah it harkens back to our one-dimensional use of the wildcat formation in seasons past.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT