ADVERTISEMENT

If UK wins their 1st three games (all at home) over S. Miss, South Carolina and #1 Georgia

Aint that the God’s honest truth?
We are the Rodney Dangerfield of CF.
In the AP preseason poll UK is the 15th team on the list of 'Others Receiving Votes', which means UK would be ranked about 40th. Wins at home over USM and SC are not likely to move the needle much other than jumping some teams right in front of you that lose. A win over UGA, which obviously would be a huge win for UK, is not going to vault UK 20+ spots into the Top 10. If your wins over USM and SC are blowouts, then those blowouts along with an upset over UGA might get you as high as 17th, as the other poster said. But starting 3-0 with an upset of UGA and 2 blowout wins over USM and UGA would certainly have national sportswriters paying more attention to UK, so if UK continues winning then the Cats would undoubtedly continue to rise faster in the polls from week to week, although undoubtedly as you get near the Top 10-15, movement will in large part be dictated by how teams in front of UK are doing.

Honestly, I wouldn't care where we would be ranked......but I can guarantee you that I would be shocked and completely insane with enthusiasm!

And let's be honest that it likely just wouldn't be 3 wins. If we beat USC and UGA then we'd beat Ohio as well......we'd be 4-0 heading into Ole Miss.

Reactions: HerrosHeroes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT