ADVERTISEMENT

If penny is as great as the Memphis people think he could be a good replacement for Cal lol

@morgousky texted a dude who played with and against penny in the NBA. Said some dude who follows penny considers him laid back. His reply "go piss on bees nest and watch their reaction, that's penny all day every day"

So yeah seems laid back to me too:joy:

Keep going coach you're almost a star. :joy:

He's done nothing on the recruiting trail. He's actively recruiting former AAU city kids, He's not making a splash nationally at all. And him being a former player is meaningless. It actually means He's less likely to succeed as a D1 head coach.

And sht, he IS a middle school coach. The only reason he is at Memphis is because they're desperate. Memphis is a terrible program with nothing to lose.

You're delusional.
Stealing my quote. Being a former player doesnt make him a great coach. Congrats but was better when I said it months ago.

We are not talking about his coaching abilities. Talking in reference to you calling him laid back. Which couldn't be further from the truth.

Fyi... dont bring sand to the beach. He coached some great players. You want him to recruit in south Dakota?

Keep going coach you're almost a star. :joy:

If you think I'm coachx feel free to. He actually coaches and unlike you and I has far better things to do than troll some free site. Dont know him, dont care to. But I appreciate what he has to say and compared to a majority of what you write, hes far more quality.

Dont be insecure it is possible some people just know more than you do

Now you and your girls go complain to the mods to ban me for yet again not breaking any rules.

I love me some pastner, Calipari groomed. Knew him from his days in Arizona when everyone knew he would be a great coach. Did you?

Hes a better recruiter than him lol? Yeah cause Memphis had top 10 recruiting classes with him and took who ever like the lawson twins. That's his claim to fame. You based that against Penny's very small body of work. Wow,that's a stretch there.

Dont care about his NBA days? Good for you, others do. The guy was a beast. That doesnt go away.

FWIW charles Barkley plays golf, is he laid back too.

If you followed Penny's career he has no off switch. If you are talking about coaching style, damn well better know he will in his guys faces. Dude hates to lose. This isnt middle school ball man. Takes a different type to coach d1. Hes been aggressive as hell on the recruiting trail, that's not being laid back

Xoxo

All you can do is laugh at the insanity. Every coach you all have had was the savior. Wash, rinse, repeat. You can’t fix stupid. Penny will grab some Memphis kids. They better be really good, because Penny is not recruiting nationally. The dude has done nothing. Zero coaching history. And you all believe he’s the savior? That’s absolutely retarded.

This coach dude is kind of scary to be honest. I'm not sure if it's a kid at home or just a Memphis fan trolling. Still hard to believe people haven't seen through this one.

For those having trouble, when Coach shows up, this one shows up defending him to anyone questioning his post. I didn't even respond to the guys "info" but here he is, following me around.

It's a Memphis troll stop taking the bait. The Memphis board's get a kick out of this I'm sure.

Last edited:
:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:[laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing]

Memphis people have no idea what a good basketball city is. That's why you think this. Your fans don't travel and have no grasp of the game outside of Shelby Co.

Having a few good AAU teams means nothing for the conversation. The Grizzlies being in Memphis do not sway the needle. It's not a good franchise and UM isn't even a top 50 program historically.

Memphis has not produced more standout players than any other city. Most of the Memphis city blue chips are overrated, they rarely make huge splashes in the league at all actually.

Big Blue Madness has been the best basketball event in the nation since we started it. We don't copy Memphis, we are Kentucky. Cal, if anything, was trying to imitate Kentucky and you confused it in your mind. There isn't one credible basketball person alive who thinks Kentucky copied Memphis for Big Blue Madness. Memphis Madness sucks, I've been when there wasn't 5,000 people. You're delusional.

Just read this and think, this is a Memphis fan. This is how they think, it's sad to be that delusional.

I'm often reminded by posts like yours on why I took a break from here to begin with. My home is here in Kentucky and has been for nearly 30 yrs now but I'm originally from Memphis and go back often. It's a basketball town and always has been. The program is not close to the stature of UK..but then again how many are? You claim to know so much about the town yet you constantly show your ignorance of it.

Reactions: Alexio13
I'm often reminded by posts like yours on why I took a break from here to begin with. My home is here in Kentucky and has been for nearly 30 yrs now but I'm originally from Memphis and go back often. It's a basketball town and always has been. The program is not close to the stature of UK..but then again how many are? You claim to know so much about the town yet you constantly show your ignorance of it.

I played baseball for Memphis and have my degree from Memphis buddy. I'm still in the area and have been born and raised here. Oops, you made a mistake.

Memphis is a dump. You can play pretend all you want, let those emotions run through you. Memphis is a gang city, not a basketball city. Take a look at Memphis attendance, basketball city my ass. No one really cares.

I don't care what you think you know. Lexington is 10 times the basketball city and Memphis isn't even a top 25.

And you apparently don't go back often. Memphis 30 years ago was a totally different place. I'm sure you're remembering Memphis before the riots destroyed it.

I played baseball for Memphis and have my degree from Memphis buddy. I'm still in the area and have been born and raised here. Oops, you made a mistake.

Memphis is a dump. You can play pretend all you want, let those emotions run through you. Memphis is a gang city, not a basketball city. Take a look at Memphis attendance, basketball city my ass. No one really cares.

I don't care what you think you know. Lexington is 10 times the basketball city and Memphis isn't even a top 25.

And you apparently don't go back often. Memphis 30 years ago was a totally different place. I'm sure you're remembering Memphis before the riots destroyed it.

It's obvious you carry yourself as an expert on Memphis. Your previous posts indicate you're far from it. Don't play to the few low information posters here who hold you in a higher regard than most on my behalf. Memphis is like any other significant urban city in the US. It's not without problems.

If you were born there, went to school and still live in that area, it seems you'd take more of an interest in lending a hand and trying to improve things there. Not tear it down every chance you get on a "sports" message board "buddy".

Last edited:
All you can do is laugh at the insanity. Every coach you all have had was the savior. Wash, rinse, repeat. You can’t fix stupid. Penny will grab some Memphis kids. They better be really good, because Penny is not recruiting nationally. The dude has done nothing. Zero coaching history. And you all believe he’s the savior? That’s absolutely retarded.
Maybe some cant read
When did I call him.a great coach lol
Talking about his mind set
Some of you need to stop inventing things

This coach dude is kind of scary to be honest. I'm not sure if it's a kid at home or just a Memphis fan trolling. Still hard to believe people haven't seen through this one.

For those having trouble, when Coach shows up, this one shows up defending him to anyone questioning his post. I didn't even respond to the guys "info" but here he is, following me around.

It's a Memphis troll stop taking the bait. The Memphis board's get a kick out of this I'm sure.

Another invention
Nothing to do with him
Stop being insecure cause I called you out on a stupid comment

I empathize with him cause a quality poster gets blasted by you and most your followers cause they dont have a brain of their own

Another fabrication by you. Stop making things up man.

Penny for...
I can't make cents out of anything I've read so far!
lincoln-memorial-penny.jpg

Reactions: Cindog28 and BBUK
It's obvious you carry yourself as an expert on Memphis. Your previous posts indicate you're far from it. Don't play to the few low information posters here who hold you in a higher regard than most on my behalf. Memphis is like any other significant urban city in the US. It's not without problems.

If you were born there, went to school and still live in that area, it seems you'd take more of an interest in lending a hand and trying to improve things there. Not tear it down every chance you get on a "sports" message board "buddy".

I'm sorry. Were you born in Memphis? Did you play for Memphis? Did you get a degree from Memphis? Unless you answer yes to these questions, then I am your authority on the scene buddy. Don't like it? There's a 5 story complex somewhere.

You are a Memphis fan, not a UK fan. I can smell you idiots a mile away. You're probably the same account as the other two jag offs.

How can I help the city of Memphis? The vote in the same people regardless of corruption so they get what they deserve. My family doesn't live there, we're an hour from them today (thank God).

You want to save Memphis? You'll probably die trying. I also taught school in memphis and can tell you straight forward as someone who tried to help those kids, they'd rather you get shot in the eyes with a nail gun.

I go for Central BBQ and Memphis Redbirds only today. It's the only two things in that crap city worth a damn.

You Memphis fans are pure trash, your program is pure trash, and they'll always be pure trash.

Reactions: Mike-D
Another invention
Nothing to do with him
Stop being insecure cause I called you out on a stupid comment

I empathize with him cause a quality poster gets blasted by you and most your followers cause they dont have a brain of their own

Another fabrication by you. Stop making things up man.

You have already done this before. You were banned the last time.

You are coach, you show up to defend him claiming to know him, you follow me around attacking because I called you out and it pissed you off. This is the second time in a row.

Private message me.

I'm sorry. Were you born in Memphis? Did you play for Memphis? Did you get a degree from Memphis? Unless you answer yes to these questions, then I am your authority on the scene buddy. Don't like it? There's a 5 story complex somewhere.

You are a Memphis fan, not a UK fan. I can smell you idiots a mile away. You're probably the same account as the other two jag offs.

How can I help the city of Memphis? The vote in the same people regardless of corruption so they get what they deserve. My family doesn't live there, we're an hour from them today (thank God).

You want to save Memphis? You'll probably die trying. I also taught school in memphis and can tell you straight forward as someone who tried to help those kids, they'd rather you get shot in the eyes with a nail gun.

I go for Central BBQ and Memphis Redbirds only today. It's the only two things in that crap city worth a damn.

You Memphis fans are pure trash, your program is pure trash, and they'll always be pure trash.

Lol..

I hope you're lying about these things. If not, it's a cowardly look on your part, and this goes beyond your "transplant" rooting for UK. Not that I owe someone like yourself any answers to your juvenile response..I'll play.

Born and raised in Memphis..check

Attended Kentucky for 2.5 yrs with a relative who actually played bb in the 80s..check

Finished up at Morehead State and have been here ever since with one home near Daniel Boone NF as a successful businessman...check

I actually "donate" to both UK and Morehead and support them as much as I can..check

I don't pretend to be a longtime fan of UK who's actually more of a "transient" one because I hate my own upbringing and alma mater..check

Now don't pretend to be an authority on a subject where it's clearly documented you're a neophyte.

...and don't pretend to know of my true allegiance to any school or any town when you clearly don't have one. Otherwise, we're fine buddy. Now go enjoy your bbq and take in a game.

Dayum, go away for a few hours and they let the loonies out....Oh well, at least they post and keep the site from being dormant...[eyeroll]

Last edited:
Reactions: Cindog28
Lol..

I hope you're lying about these things. If not, it's a cowardly look on your part, and this goes beyond your "transplant" rooting for UK. Not that I owe someone like yourself any answers to your juvenile response..I'll play.

Attended Kentucky for 2.5 yrs with a relative who actually played bb in the 80s..check

Finished up at Morehead State and have been here ever since with one home near Daniel Boone NF as a successful businessman...check

I actually "donate" to both UK and Morehead and support them as much as I can..check

I don't pretend to be a longtime fan of UK who's actually more of a "transient" one because I hate my own upbringing and alma mater..check

Now don't pretend to be an authority on a subject where it's clearly documented you're a neophyte.

...and don't pretend to know of my true allegiance to any school or any town when you clearly don't have one. Otherwise, we're fine buddy. Now go enjoy your bbq and take in a game.

So you made an account yesterday, and you’re already on here calling people out?

NLR.gif

Lol..

You want me to sign a Memphis player autograph on your starter cap?

Still not buying.

You think that "self hate" is healthy? It really doesn't matter what else you say because you've outted yourself as a "latch on" fan of the program buddy.

Grew up a UK fan, most my family is lives in KY, grew up 1/3 of the year in Mayfield, 2 uncles who went to UK, 1 went to Murray, dad went to Vietnam. All I've ever known is UK, and was not fortunate enough to pay out of state tuition.

I will roll you and smoke you on anything UK any day.

You're a Memphis fan anyway.

Grew up a UK fan, most my family is lives in KY, grew up 1/3 of the year in Mayfield, 2 uncles who went to UK, 1 went to Murray, dad went to Vietnam. All I've ever known is UK, and was not fortunate enough to pay out of state tuition.

I will roll you and smoke you on anything UK any day.

You're a Memphis fan anyway.

Must be an interesting existence to coax yourself into believing you're a diehard UK fan when you solely post mostly delusional things here.

I've actually attended the school and donate to this day. Had been trying to get Richard (Madison) more involved with the program along with myself. Still have many old classmates I speak with from time to time. Ah..and I've recently rejoined this site only to have a somewhat meaningless back and forth with a pretender fan type.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Must be an interesting existence to coax yourself into believing you're a diehard UK fan when you solely post mostly delusional things here.

I've actually attended the school and donate to this day. Had been trying to get Richard (Madison) more involved with the program along with myself. Still have many old classmates I speak with from time to time. Ah..and I've recently rejoined this site only to have a somewhat meaningless back and forth with a pretender fan type.

There's a dude that keeps liking your post because he was owned on the political front, so don't think he actually cares what you're typing. He likes anyone's post that disagrees with me. He's a little obsessed and types with exclamation points a lot. Not the brightest bulb.

Hi Mike!

You're getting boring saying the same bullsht. You're a Memphis fan, you have no idea who I know, how many games I've attended or season tickets we have or what connection my family has to the football, baseball, or basketball programs. You've got 5 post and all you've done is spend your time arguing about the MEMPHIS TIGERS.

go to bed you old fool.

There's a dude that keeps liking your post because he was owned on the political front, so don't think he actually cares what you're typing. He likes anyone's post that disagrees with me. He's a little obsessed and types with exclamation points a lot. Not the brightest bulb.

Hi Mike!

You're getting boring saying the same bullsht. You're a Memphis fan, you have no idea who I know, how many games I've attended or season tickets we have or what connection my family has to the football, baseball, or basketball programs. You've got 5 post and all you've done is spend your time arguing about the MEMPHIS TIGERS.

go to bed you old fool.

Who's Mike? If you've lived half of what you claim it seems a more intellectual and less adolescent (I want the last word) response would be appropriate imho. I'll digress. Have at it little buddy. Enjoy your bbq and game which is surely in the late innings by now..lol

Last edited:

Hi Mike!

go to bed you old fool.
You’ve not owned crap!

Kentucky leads the head to series matchup against Memphis, right? Wrong. Memphis spanked UK on ESPN in case you forgot. Yes, Memphis is so irrelevant yet every other post in this thread is about Memphis. Not to mention, Kentucky purchased Memphis' entire program in 2009 and tried it to do in 2007. Penny can't coach right? But Skal Labisserie is working out in Memphis on campus trying to improve his game and has finally improved his game up to par with NBA caliber development. You all are mad that James Wiseman is likely to go to Memphis, but came to Memphis and Penny flipped him by his own admittance into the #1 player in the country. Again, Memphis East is the #1 team in America and has been for the past three years before Wiseman even came to Memphis. Team Penny dominated EYBL and M33M owns Adidas Gauntlet, just ask Matthew Hurt what just happened in Vegas. Darius Bazley is in Memphis working on improving his stock in the draft. Jayson Tatum stopped by to show his support and work out with Jalen Green, RJ Hampton and James Wiseman in which Coach Rod Hampton, who is a legendary AAU coach who is familiar with the city is raving on the experience.

Memphis is wired and locked down with some of the top players across the country clean through 2023. And by the way, John Calipari was the desperation hire for us anyway because our school gave him a chance when no one in the NCAA would touch him.

Hi Mike!

go to bed you old fool.

WHO you calling old? Oh, it wasn't me this time.

Reactions: morgousky
Kentucky leads the head to series matchup against Memphis, right? Wrong. Memphis spanked UK on ESPN in case you forgot. Yes, Memphis is so irrelevant yet every other post in this thread is about Memphis. Not to mention, Kentucky purchased Memphis' entire program in 2009 and tried it to do in 2007. Penny can't coach right? But Skal Labisserie is working out in Memphis on campus trying to improve his game and has finally improved his game up to par with NBA caliber development. You all are mad that James Wiseman is likely to go to Memphis, but came to Memphis and Penny flipped him by his own admittance into the #1 player in the country. Again, Memphis East is the #1 team in America and has been for the past three years before Wiseman even came to Memphis. Team Penny dominated EYBL and M33M owns Adidas Gauntlet, just ask Matthew Hurt what just happened in Vegas. Darius Bazley is in Memphis working on improving his stock in the draft. Jayson Tatum stopped by to show his support and work out with Jalen Green, RJ Hampton and James Wiseman in which Coach Rod Hampton, who is a legendary AAU coach who is familiar with the city is raving on the experience.

Memphis is wired and locked down with some of the top players across the country clean through 2023. And by the way, John Calipari was the desperation hire for us anyway because our school gave him a chance when no one in the NCAA would touch him.

OMG I wonder if this one actually believes this nonsense?

Cal said in 2006 that he would crawl over broken glass to get to lexington. Big fish, little fish. Memphis got to enjoy being UK for a few years, then we just took what was always ours.

And we took it because we can and there isn't anything you punks could do about it. Don't get smacked again, better run along and tell everyone how a program with losing records to tennessee and louisville lifetime is on par with UK in any regard.

I've always thought these trolls and self-deluded quasi trolls should just message each other and make a real go of it. There's enough of them to do some serious damage if they were smart about it.

A winning record against Kentucky!

When you actually get done running your mouth Wiseman is still going to Memphis. RJ Hampton and Jalen Green are going to Memphis. And nothing you can do or say on a message board can change that fact.

You have already done this before. You were banned the last time.

You are coach, you show up to defend him claiming to know him, you follow me around attacking because I called you out and it pissed you off. This is the second time in a row.

Private message me.

Wrong
Wrong
Wrong
Wrong

Did I say you were wrong ? Lmfao

You got no clue.

You gave it away moron. Now go back to whatever dump board you came from in that sewer.

LMFAO

ARE YOU THAT PATHETIC

IM NOT

SORRY TO DISAPPOINT

PLENTY OF US THINK YOU ARE NOTHING SPECIAL. MOST THINGS YOU WRITE ISNT THAT GREAT BUT YOUR CULT FOLLOWING OF 20 LOVE YOU.

SORRY CALLED YOU OUT FOR A STUPID RIDICULOUS COMMENT THAT PENNY IS LAID BACK. HE COULDNT BE FURTHER FROM THAT.

AND YES I HAVE WAY MORE SOURCES THAN YOU AND PROBABLY 99 PERCENT OF THE PEOPLE HERE. SORRY YOU ARE INSECURE. BUT IM GLAD YOUR ONLY COME BACK IS THAT IM COACHX INSTEAD OF ACKNOWLEDGING THE REAL REASON YOU WERE CALLED OUT AND THAT WAS FOR A BEYOND STUPID IGNORANT COMMENT.

XOXO

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT