ADVERTISEMENT

If penny is as great as the Memphis people think he could be a good replacement for Cal lol

Not at all similar grammar or style, but is this butters? New poster, at least 3 dumb threads.

Reactions: Mr_GG
Cool thread.

giphy.gif

[laughing]

I think Memphis is his only stop in College... If he is good he will either stay @ Memphis or leave for the NBA

Only Memphis people believe that because they believe they’re more important than they are.

If Penny was offered UK he would crawl over broken glass to sit in that seat. It wouldn’t matter how he felt about Memphis. If he ends up worth a blue blood offer, he will absolutely take it. Memphis is stuck in mid major land with no upside.

Only Memphis people believe that because they believe they’re more important than they are.

If Penny was offered UK he would crawl over broken glass to sit in that seat. It wouldn’t matter how he felt about Memphis. If he ends up worth a blue blood offer, he will absolutely take it. Memphis is stuck in mid major land with no upside.

Penny is what you'd call a lifer for that program. Your take is incorrect.

He has never won a single college level game. In Memphis, winning isnt a detail they have cared about since the door incident.

Cool thread.

giphy.gif

[laughing]
I think I know this babe. She is a nurse over at Eastern State. I buy all of my good meds from her. She also gives me massages. Oh baby! Usually I wait until she gets like this to get a massage. Makes it a lot more exciting. Just look at her Gene Simmons......

Like others have said, Penny has never won nor coached a college game. Just because you were a pro or had coaching experience in AAU does not make a college coach. Nor even getting high level players. How did that high level player work out for LSU? Retrospectively a huge embarrassment for a coach with way more college experience than Penny.

If Wiseman doesn't come to Kentucky I hope he goes to Memphis. I think you will see the typical superstar tank like we have seen over and over and over. It will hurt Memphis in the long run and maybe other recruits will wise up when they see that outcome.

Penny is what you'd call a lifer for that program. Your take is incorrect.

Nope. He's not at all. Penny is a guy that is laid back and doesn't demand a lot, so I don't think He'd ever work hard enough to be wanted, but if he could He'd leave little Memphis for a bunch of programs.

Memphis is never leaving mid major land. There is no upside and he will never compete for a title. I personally believe he will never leave until fired because of how lazy he is (Penny loves golf more than basketball). All he has to do is take Memphis recruits and compete in conference, maybe make a few tournaments, and chill. But if he could, he would leave for a bigger program.

Nope. He's not at all. Penny is a guy that is laid back and doesn't demand a lot, so I don't think He'd ever work hard enough to be wanted, but if he could He'd leave little Memphis for a bunch of programs.

Memphis is never leaving mid major land. There is no upside and he will never compete for a title. I personally believe he will never leave until fired because of how lazy he is (Penny loves golf more than basketball). All he has to do is take Memphis recruits and compete in conference, maybe make a few tournaments, and chill. But if he could, he would leave for a bigger program.

Penny loves golf but loves Memphis basketball more. I attended UK for 2yrs back in the day with my cousin Richard Madison..who many here should know. I'm originally from Memphis and have plenty of family still there. I've traveled in the same circles as Penny and have interacted with him enough over the years to have a good take on his stance and his actions. His ultimate goal is to bring Memphis up to and or near blue blood level. Tall task but that's his goal.

Reactions: Alexio13
Kentucky fans level of disrespect and misinformation is beyond my comprehension. Memphis is the best basketball city in America. Memphis has the top two AAU programs, Memphis East is #1 in America (and this was before James Wiseman joined the team), and an NBA city. The entire NBA is rooting for Penny to be a success and his pipeline along with Mike Miller is endless. Memphis also has produced more D-1 basketball players than any other city in America. Memphis entire staff is locked and loaded with standout players.

Calipari Big Blue Madness is a replica of what he learned in Memphis. Wait until you see Penny Hardaway's version. Every marquee rapper including Drake, whose dad lives in Memphis will be there. Memphis has sold out the entire season already in an 18,500 arena. We are not backing down to any school, period.

Reactions: Alexio13
Kentucky fans level of disrespect and misinformation is beyond my comprehension. Memphis is the best basketball city in America. Memphis has the top two AAU programs, Memphis East is #1 in America (and this was before James Wiseman joined the team), and an NBA city. The entire NBA is rooting for Penny to be a success and his pipeline along with Mike Miller is endless. Memphis also has produced more D-1 basketball players than any other city in America. Memphis entire staff is locked and loaded with standout players.

Calipari Big Blue Madness is a replica of what he learned in Memphis. Wait until you see Penny Hardaway's version. Every marquee rapper including Drake, whose dad lives in Memphis will be there. Memphis has sold out the entire season already in an 18,500 arena. We are not backing down to any school, period.
Coming here for validation huh! It’s also, in the top 5 dangerous cities to live in. Memphis is a cesspool of trash!

Reactions: JoeBeeHall

This is a thing of beauty. [laughing]

Kentucky fans level of disrespect and misinformation is absolute true about Memphis. Memphis is the best crack and herion city in America. We are all on Meth that’s why we post on other great boards like yours. Memphis has the top two AAU programs, Memphis East is #1 in America (and this was before James Wiseman joined the team), and an NBA city and both pay their players after every game. The entire NBA is rooting for Cal and so are we to be a success and his pipeline along with Kenny Payne is endless. Memphis also has produced more D-1 basketball losers than any other city in America. Memphis entire staff is locked and loaded And ready to be beaten numerous times this year.

Calipari brought Big Blue Madness to Memphis and took it with him. UK is the number one program of all time. Wait until you see Penny Hardaway's version he is going to poop at mid court, while I eat it. Every marquee rapper including Ice baby, whose dad lives in Memphis will be there. Memphis has sold out the entire season already in an 1,800 seat arena. We are not backing down to any school, except UK.

You are up to your neck in Bull$hit. Memphis is nothing especially in college basketball. I’ll give Penny 3 years and you Memphis fans will be screaming for some other loser. Nobody worth a $hit wants to coach your loser program. Cal was the best you will ever have or ever will have. We took him from you with very and you’ve been pissed ever sense.

Just doing a little research on Penny, you would be able to tell he is anything but lazy when it comes to his current job. If he wanted to play golf every day he could be already doing that, the man isn't broke. He didn't take the job for a payday, the man is still making money from NIKE and owns several businesses in the Memphis area. This is an ignorant ass post.

Memphis is the best basketball city in America.

The entire NBA is rooting for Penny to be a success and his pipeline along with Mike Miller is endless.

Memphis also has produced more D-1 basketball players than any other city in America.

Calipari Big Blue Madness is a replica of what he learned in Memphis.

We are not backing down to any school, period.
Every one of these statements.....
[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]

Reactions: morgousky and Aike
This hire will be a train wreck. It would be like UK hiring Derek Anderson.

He has never won a single college level game. In Memphis, winning isnt a detail they have cared about since the door incident.

He hasn’t even coached a team at the NCAA level nor has he even built a team. This deal is an experiment. Wiseman will have to decide if he wants to be a lab rat. It’s disgusting to even contemplate a guy with so little experience being the coach at UK. I mean why don’t we just start sizing up all high school coaches for the future??? Please,,,,

Laid back?
Not sure what you are looking at but seems like a hustler, screwing who ever comes in his path, and aggressively pursuing 5 star recruits.

You probably coach some middle school team where laid back is cool.

This is college, getting paid millions. Hes to smart to be laid back bub

Lol
You pass out the koolaid to your sisters on here like its gospel. Sorry some of us can think for ourselves.

I know a laid back Luke
But penny laid back? Lol
Did you watch him in the NBA? Hes got one speed and it's not set to laid back.

Xoxo

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Laid back?
Not sure what you are looking at but seems like a hustler, screwing who ever comes in his path, and aggressively pursuing 5 star recruits.

You probably coach some middle school team where laid back is cool.

This is college, getting paid millions. Hes to smart to be laid back bub

Lol
You pass out the koolaid to your sisters on here like its gospel. Sorry some of us can think for ourselves.

I know a laid back Luke
But penny laid back? Lol
Did you watch him in the NBA? Hes got one speed and it's not set to laid back.

Xoxo

I've watched Penny for a long time, and he's EXTREMELY laid back. I don't care about what he did in the NBA, that's a different time and situation. Penny will not be an "in your face" coach that I can guarantee you.

He's recruiting Memphis kids that he's known for a while through the local ball. He's not making a splash what so ever nationally at all. Pastner was a better recruiter at this point and it didn't mean anything. Memphis players are always overrated but with Memphis being a mid major for life at this point, maybe it will be enough to make the tournament.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:[laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing]

Memphis people have no idea what a good basketball city is. That's why you think this. Your fans don't travel and have no grasp of the game outside of Shelby Co.

Having a few good AAU teams means nothing for the conversation. The Grizzlies being in Memphis do not sway the needle. It's not a good franchise and UM isn't even a top 50 program historically.

Memphis has not produced more standout players than any other city. Most of the Memphis city blue chips are overrated, they rarely make huge splashes in the league at all actually.

Big Blue Madness has been the best basketball event in the nation since we started it. We don't copy Memphis, we are Kentucky. Cal, if anything, was trying to imitate Kentucky and you confused it in your mind. There isn't one credible basketball person alive who thinks Kentucky copied Memphis for Big Blue Madness. Memphis Madness sucks, I've been when there wasn't 5,000 people. You're delusional.

Just read this and think, this is a Memphis fan. This is how they think, it's sad to be that delusional.

Reactions: lonnie boyd
I've watched Penny for a long time, and he's EXTREMELY laid back. I don't care about what he did in the NBA, that's a different time and situation. Penny will not be an "in your face" coach that I can guarantee you.

He's recruiting Memphis kids that he's known for a while through the local ball. He's not making a splash what so ever nationally at all. Pastner was a better recruiter at this point and it didn't mean anything. Memphis players are always overrated but with Memphis being a mid major for life at this point, maybe it will be enough to make the tournament.

I love me some pastner, Calipari groomed. Knew him from his days in Arizona when everyone knew he would be a great coach. Did you?

Hes a better recruiter than him lol? Yeah cause Memphis had top 10 recruiting classes with him and took who ever like the lawson twins. That's his claim to fame. You based that against Penny's very small body of work. Wow,that's a stretch there.

Dont care about his NBA days? Good for you, others do. The guy was a beast. That doesnt go away.

FWIW charles Barkley plays golf, is he laid back too.

If you followed Penny's career he has no off switch. If you are talking about coaching style, damn well better know he will in his guys faces. Dude hates to lose. This isnt middle school ball man. Takes a different type to coach d1. Hes been aggressive as hell on the recruiting trail, that's not being laid back

Xoxo

I love me some pastner, Calipari groomed. Knew him from his days in Arizona when everyone knew he would be a great coach. Did you?

Hes a better recruiter than him lol? Yeah cause Memphis had top 10 recruiting classes with him and took who ever like the lawson twins. That's his claim to fame. You based that against Penny's very small body of work. Wow,that's a stretch there.

Dont care about his NBA days? Good for you, others do. The guy was a beast. That doesnt go away.

FWIW charles Barkley plays golf, is he laid back too.

If you followed Penny's career he has no off switch. If you are talking about coaching style, damn well better know he will in his guys faces. Dude hates to lose. This isnt middle school ball man. Takes a different type to coach d1. Hes been aggressive as hell on the recruiting trail, that's not being laid back

Xoxo

He's done nothing on the recruiting trail. He's actively recruiting former AAU city kids, He's not making a splash nationally at all. And him being a former player is meaningless. It actually means He's less likely to succeed as a D1 head coach.

And sht, he IS a middle school coach. The only reason he is at Memphis is because they're desperate. Memphis is a terrible program with nothing to lose.

You're delusional.

@morgousky texted a dude who played with and against penny in the NBA. Said some dude who follows penny considers him laid back. His reply "go piss on bees nest and watch their reaction, that's penny all day every day"

So yeah seems laid back to me too:joy:

ADVERTISEMENT