ADVERTISEMENT

If Mitch does the Donovan thing again

Getting Donovan would be wonderful. There are plenty of really good reasons to fire Mitch but that wouldn't be one of them. If he gets juked by Donovan a third time, that'll be funny frankly. But I still don't see how it's fireable. Getting Drew: no offense but imo that would be one more in a long list of offenses Mitch ought to be fired for but won't be.

Reactions: dynastydreamuk
On paper , Drew is as good as anyone other than Hurley. Like 16 of Baylor’s 18 NCAA appearances are from him…and he won a title . It’d be like taking the ole miss job , start getting top 10-15 recruiting classes, going to the ncaa every yr and winning it once . Throw in that the program was rock bottom with a murder scandal going on . Now , give him UK resources and all that .

I just don’t like what I’m seeing/hearing. Hopefully we don’t get the short end of this stick.

On paper , Drew is as good as anyone other than Hurley. Like 16 of Baylor’s 18 NCAA appearances are from him…and he won a title . It’d be like taking the ole miss job , start getting top 10-15 recruiting classes, going to the ncaa every yr and winning it once . Throw in that the program was rock bottom with a murder scandal going on . Now , give him UK resources and all that .
His style of play is uninteresting and his personality cannot deal with our fan base . 10000% flop if it’s that guy.

He’s been in the NBA and he won 2 nattys at a football school.

I don’t think the landscape has changed so much that he can’t figure it out.

Not to mention he has three 5-stars committed to Baylor and we need players immediately.

Florida has “Billy Donovan Court”, no thanks
Never thought about that but good point. I’m sure Billy wouldn’t want Florida to feel like he’s stiffing them by coming to a conference rival.

Heck they’d send Golden packing tonight if they knew Billy was willing to come back to college.

Slam dunk? He has done nothing the last ten years. No success and the landscape of college basketball has totally changed.
Relationships with AAU programs, coaches, NIL, being able to excite/reinvigorate the BBN thru media etc, just doesn't favor Donovan. Don't think the fan base wants to wait for someone being gone from College basketball with all the changes the past 10 years to be our coach. I want someone who really wants to be here not someone who's had 2 chances and turned another direction.

Drew is actually a perfect fit for our fan base, good coach without all the "show biz" crap. That's what most of us want.

Take the show biz out of it, but if you are not charismatic you are going to drown here. Scott Drew is #1 or #2 cardboard personalities of any coach who has won a tourney.

His style of play is uninteresting and his personality cannot deal with our fan base . 10000% flop if it’s that guy.
Most likely he wouldn’t come anyway . He shut Louisville down quick , and they were ready to make him a top 5 paid coach . Also , he inked a new deal and no one knows much about it ( private school). They get new facilities down there all the time, including an arena

Slam dunk? He has done nothing the last ten years. No success and the landscape of college basketball has totally changed.
The game has changed right back into Billy D's wheelhouse. Build a team full of program guys who are going to stick around.

Before Dan Hurley there was another tough, gritty, northeastern dude and former old big east point guard who was building a dynasty. His name was Billy the kid.

People seem to forget the monster he built at Florida. He was well on his way to chasing K. No doubt he'd have multiple deep runs and most likely another title if not 2 if he was still there.

Reactions: BlueSince92
Donovan did an interview where he said he disliked the NIL and transfer stuff in college. I’m not sure if he will ever coach college again
And all the fans calling for Donovan must have not heard that. He is not coming to UK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT