ADVERTISEMENT

If I did a mock draft of rd 1 would anyone care to read it?

Only if you have the Giants trading the number 4 pick for a couple of later first round picks. Then they use the first one to take Bowden Jr. and the second for an offensive tackle.

Reactions: Rupp'sRunt
1. Bengals- Joe Burrow QB LSU

Now I think this is pretty obvious. Burrow showed an outstanding season at LSU and finished with the highest QBR in NCAA History. I think this kid is a tremendous talent, but at Cincy its a toss up if he develops his potential to the fullest.

2. Redskins- Chase Young DE OSU

He is the number 1 prospect on my board. I could understand the Skins trading back for more picks in this situation, but ultimately I think Young is a locked and loaded 2nd overall pick. During his final two seasons, Young amassed 79 tackles, 35.5 tackles for loss, 26.5 sacks and seven forced fumbles. He has excellent height, bulk and length. He also has elite take-off quickness, speed and closing burst. Young is a flexible athlete with the ability to extend his rush while engaged with offensive linemen. His hand quickness is also outstanding. While he plays with good natural bend and shows good hand-fighting ability as a pass-rusher, he's not as refined there as Nick and Joey Bosa were at the same point in their careers. There's also room for improvement when it comes to getting off blocks when teams run at him.

3. Lions- Jeff Okudah CB OSU

After losing Darius Slay this offseason there is obviously a void at the CB position. Okudah is a long corner with smooth hips, quick feet and very good playing speed. He lines up on both sides and over the slot. Though he occasionally lunges and his footwork is a little inconsistent, he's athletic and quick enough to recover in press coverage. Okudah is tough and a willing run defender but takes too long to get off blocks and is just an average tackler. He is mature and has an elite work ethic. Okudah compares favorably to Stephon Gilmore of the New England Patriots. He has outstanding physical tools and grades out as an immediate NFL starting cornerback.

4. Giants- Isiah Simmons LB Clemson

Giants could address a OT need here, but with the lack luster LB play last year I think the giants fill this positional need first. Simmons has elite natural talent and is one of the most versatile defenders in the 2020 draft class. He's too tight to consistently match up with typical slot receivers but has the frame and athletic ability to hold up one-on-one against most tight ends. He also has the range, natural ball skills and experience to play in deep-half coverage in the NFL. Simmons shows first-step burst, bend and closing speed in getting to the quarterback off the edge, and he excels at spying quarterbacks. He's a sideline-to-sideline run defender, and Simmons does an above-average job of slipping blocks. He has the size and length to still improve taking on blockers, but he needs to get stronger at the point of attack and his instincts as an in-the-box run defender need to improve.

5. Miami- Tua QB Bama

Theres a lot of buzz rn about Justin Herbert going to the dolphins at this pick. I think Tua is far and away the better prospect. I mentioned Joe Burrow broke the QBR record this past season, the person who held the record before him? Tua. While he may have injury concerns give me Tua here. Tagovailoa started 24 of 29 possible games over his last two seasons and completed 70% of his throws with 76 touchdown passes and nine interceptions (a ridiculous 8.4-1 ratio). While he lacks ideal height, he has fast eyes, outstanding field vision from inside the pocket and natural instincts. His release is quick and compact, and he with good arm strength. His touch and accuracy are elite on all three levels, and he displays rare anticipation and timing. Tagovailoa has a great feel for trajectory and throws a beautiful deep ball. He is also a twitchy athlete with a very good feel for pressure, and he has above-average mobility in the pocket and good quickness to tuck the ball and run for first downs. He has excellent poise under pressure, as the moment is never too big for him, and he bounces back from mistakes.

Ill tease the top 5 for now

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT