ADVERTISEMENT

If I’m Billy Donovan

Dec 5, 2007
Lexington
I’m finally going to Kentucky if offered. He’s kind of on the hot seat in Chicago. Let’s say he gets fired this year or next, then he’s out of a job. Go to Kentucky now. The timing just seems right. It’s a substantial pay increase. Hell he might even express his interest behind close doors.

His comments were very interesting to me. Said he hasn’t been contacted “yet” (so he’s expecting to be in the mix) and that his focus “right now” is on Chicago.

Everything these coaches say is meaningless until they’re being offered. What are they supposed to say? “Well I’d listen” or “I might be interested?” Then if they’re not even offered their fan base would be furious (rightfully so).

Hurley or Donovan are HR hires. Drew, will still better than Cal imo, is not nearly as exciting. Give me pearl of few or even golden before Drew.

Last edited:
UK would wait as long as BD wanted if he would just say yes. We have all summer or as long as it takes to get BD.

Reactions: OleBluCatz
I’m finally going to Kentucky if offered. He’s kind of on the hot seat in Chicago. Let’s say he gets fired this year or next, then he’s out of a job. Go to Kentucky now. The timing just seems right. It’s a substantial pay increase. Hell he might even express his interest behind close doors.

His comments were very interesting to me. Said he hasn’t been contacted “yet” (so he’s expecting to be in the mix) and that his focus “right now” is on Chicago.

Everything these coaches say is meaningless until they’re being offered. What are they supposed to say? “Well I’d listen” or “I might be interested?” Then if they’re not even offered their fan base would be furious (rightfully so).

Hurley or Donovan are HR hires. Drew, will still better than Cal imo, is not nearly as exciting. Give me pearl of few or even golden b
efore Drew.
Hurley is a good coach, but NO DUKE player
please.

Timing will never be better. Just let an interim coach lead them to their inevitable play in loss and lets get to work.

Based on what I've seen, if this search drags out for another week then we might get Donovan because the Bulls will be eliminated by that point. Otherwise, who knows. He's not leaving until they are eliminated.

Hurley or Donovan are HR hires. Drew, will still better than Cal imo, is not nearly as exciting. Give me pearl of few or even golden before Drew. Please no Duke players!

Here in Chicago Donovan to UK has been discussed a ms a decent possibility. Noone here cares as They want him out anyway. We would have to wait 3 weeks for him . What team would be left at 3 weeks?

BD would need to low key verbal. And Talk to Reed . Reed stays wd can just load up in portal after he's here an be fine.

BD ia well worth the wait.

If not I woyld take Pitino on a 3 year deal

Reactions: RunninRichie
will you accept a 9 win or worse season next year? Because by the time he can start recruiting.. no one will be left but the Askews / Ware level players in the portal. and our players and recruits will have already left because they aint waiting that long

Here in Chicago Donovan to UK has been discussed a ms a decent possibility. Noone here cares as They want him out anyway. We would have to wait 3 weeks for him . What team would be left at 3 weeks?

BD would need to low key verbal. And Talk to Reed . Reed stays wd can just load up in portal after he's here an be fine.

BD ia well worth the wait.

If not I woyld take Pitino on a 3 year deal
What does Reed have to do with anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT