ADVERTISEMENT

If Drew said no, go get Pearl

Pearl should be the last resort behind Hurley and Donovan because he’s 100% a sure yes and has made that clear. So there’s no reason to push that unless you’re desperate

Pearl should be the last resort behind Hurley and Donovan because he’s 100% a sure yes and has made that clear. So there’s no reason to push that unless you’re desperate
lol he has not made that clear. He would not leave

you have to go down the pecking order- Pearl would love to have this job even if he is the 10th one to be asked. That would not hurt his feelings. One thing is certain that UK will have a coach. UK going in order of coaches that fit the bill. Obviously, Drew was the 1st choice. Going the 2nd choice and so on.

Auburn was simply not as good as their record states. They played a joke schedule all year and used that to go from what would have been a 7 or 8 seed, to a 4 seed. And then they lost in the 1st round.

No thanks to Pearl.. it's a tier below Drew and at that point, I'd rather have a young upstart coach.

Reactions: catzfanjim
There are some who don't like him but he would definitely be a huge step up, someone that will excite most BBN, and has a great track record of over-achievement with less talent than Cal has had.
You wait until Saturday and make Hurley say no.

Then Donovan.

Then buyout Oats.

Then you go to Pearl. I know some people here despise him, but the guy would flat out kill it at UK.

Reactions: uk78
One thing with social media is you are going to have negativity no matter whom. But this is definitely embarrassing for Kentucky regarding Drew. Makes us look like a headache.

Reactions: sambowieshin
Can you imagine if Pearl did get hired. At the presser Mitch would say something like "he was our last option, and we knew he wanted to be here, so we had no choice but to hire him."

There are some who don't like him but he would definitely be a huge step up, someone that will excite most BBN, and has a great track record of over-achievement with less talent than Cal has had.
Pearl is not coming unless you agree to make his son HC after he leaves. That is why he will stay at AU.

Pearl isn't leaving Auburn. He wants to get offered the UK job to use it as leverage to get some things out of AU. He's only got about 5 more years left in him and he is trying to set up Steven to be the next Head Coach at Auburn. UK would never agree to that.

This needs to be the next target for sure. We can't wait on Donovan who already strung us out before. Pearl would do well and he won't be here forever, giving someone else an opportunity to emerge.

I want someone capable of winning a title but hasn't yet. Pearl fits that. He will be hungry for a title before he retires and focused on winning one. Cal was focused on NBA draft night.

Reactions: uk78 and Catfan2226
Hurley, Donovan haven't said no yet. I'd like Todd Golden or T. J. Otzelberger as two up and comers before Brue Pearl.
I would also like Todd Golden if Hurley says no. I understand he isn’t accomplished yet, but it just seems like he is trending to be a very solid coach who will pile up some wins at Florida. Plus and this is where I prob differ from a lot of you on here. He is a young coach, I just am tired of some of the older retreads that have been mentioned. He seems like a coach where the PROGRAM (Ky) is what is important and not his ego. I will like majority of Cat fans get behind whatever coach is hired. I’m a Ky fan first and foremost!

Reactions: 9timeChampion
No way. That slob does not deserve a job like this at all. I'd take an unknown before letting Pearl have this job. I'll take the Iowa State coach before I'd ever consider Pearl.

Pearl isn't leaving Auburn. He wants to get offered the UK job to use it as leverage to get some things out of AU. He's only got about 5 more years left in him and he is trying to set up Steven to be the next Head Coach at Auburn. UK would never agree to that.

Okay

If you don’t think Pearl would take the Ky job if offered you are clinically insane. He’s always wanted this job
Proof? Statements?

I hate having to repeat myself. He’s 64 and has a show cause on his record. He cheats and he’s not going to be around forever. He’s not the hire we need or want.

He just lost to Yale in the tourney. YALE!

Proof? Statements?

I hate having to repeat myself. He’s 64 and has a show cause on his record. He cheats and he’s not going to be around forever. He’s not the hire we need or want.

He just lost to Yale in the tourney. YALE!

I know Bruce personally
Am I doing this right?

Pearl would bring the energy n he has personality to handle it.

Still want to wait for Donovan

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT