ADVERTISEMENT

If AI was coaching our team

But the point AI would make is that it is important to not fall behind at the start of the game and to dig a hole you sometimes cannot get out of. .

And if Reed and Rob are going To play 35 minutes it makes more sense to start them and give them a two minute breather about the ten minute mark in each half .

Does anyone know if there is any precedent for not starting your two best players ?
I don’t think Wooden, coach K, Jay Wright, or Brad Steven’s ever tried to do that . Correct me if I am wrong . If it’s such a good idea why havent any of the best coaches have done it?
My response to this is because in order to have your best team ready for the tournament, everyone has to get developed. If some players need to play through problems to develop, but you think they will be game changing players in March, you have to let that happen. I think everyone bitching about Edwards' minutes are now realizing that the plan to let him play through his problems and maybe break out and be a potential game changing player may have worked. He has played really well the last 6 games and is making a difference. Bench him in December and he is not a game changer is March. Being the head mofo in charge is not easy, and whether you are running a basketball team or an accountant firm, you have to deal with different styles and personalities.

At this point, I think Cal has this group playing as well as they can play and hopefully ready for a March run. John Havlicek is in the hall of fame and was a sixth man most of his career. Also, Kevin McHale was a sixth man for the first part of his career. Reed and Rob play plenty of minutes. I realize there are different philosophies here, but I'm sticking with "it matter who finishes, not who starts." The early leads we have given up were the same when Reed started, so I don't know why every says that if Reed started we wouldn't be behind at the 16:00 break.

I understand that you’re acting as Cal’s propaganda minister by repeating his clownish explanation of this event, but if you actually believe his spin, I’ve got a wonderful bridge that would look perfect in your living room. I’ll even let you rent it.

And by the way, not even Cal has said that he asked Reed if he was good at USC. Cal decided that he wasn’t good, and later said that Reed needed to be the one to tell him he was good.

Playing winning basketball repeatedly down the stretch of games wasn’t good enough to help our 9 million dollar coach evaluate his player.

He screwed up by not playing Reed because he doesn’t like the fact that he needs to depend on Reed. Cal wants his legacy player, DJ, to be better than the Pitino legacy, Reed.

So Cal made up a story when things went completely wrong, and hung it around a player’s neck instead of owning it.

A 5 point halftime margin spiraled into our worst performance all year, and that was largely because of Cal not sticking with his guys. But yeah, our marketer in chief certainly deflected blame away from himself.
If you really think that Cal is willing to lose a game by not playing the right people out of some loyalty, you are an idiot. It is fair to say that Cal mis-evaluated someone, but to act like he is willing to lose games on purpose to fulfill some bs promise is just stupid, conspiracy theory shit.

Would it start the number one and number five NBA draft picks?
No, AI would not start Reed Sheppard because it has a preference for people who are not white. That is why it pictures black popes, black founding fathers, etc.

If you really think that Cal is willing to lose a game by not playing the right people out of some loyalty, you are an idiot. It is fair to say that Cal mis-evaluated someone, but to act like he is willing to lose games on purpose to fulfill some bs promise is just stupid, conspiracy theory shit.
I’m certainly not an idiot. As the season progresses Cal is less willing to lose winnable games, but he has often sacrificed games throughout the season.

Or maybe you just think he isn’t good enough to produce top seeds with all the talent he accumulates?

“Mis-evaluated,” you say? He “mis-evaluates” a lot for a guy making 9 million a year.

Reactions: crestcat

CCC: “I’m not just shoving him in there just so we can win another game”. Shady says he agrees with you. LMAO.

• Haha
Reactions: Aike
Lineups are the tiniest part of coaching. What else would AI do?

Lineups are the tiniest part of coaching. What else would AI do?
More than you think . It could make substitutions based upon analytics as the game progresses . Draw up plays . Change defenses .
I don’t think it could yell at the players or officials though . Although maybe it could If it saw an incorrect call.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT