ADVERTISEMENT

I wonder if Calipari ...

Everyone (national media, opponents fans, etc) look at UK as a basketball school.

Florida hasn't won a title since 2008 in football but they are still a football school.

Everyone (national media, opponents fans, etc) look at UK as a basketball school.

Florida hasn't won a title since 2008 in football but they are still a football school.
... well, you can keep living that dream. Are you proud to call UK a basketball school these days? I would say that this incoming class was fully expecting to be the latest additions to an established roster. Now, they're finding out that they are the roster. Does that sound like a well-oiled "Basketball School". You're just remembering days gone by ... that was then and this is now. Can't live in the past without looking foolish.

... well, you can keep living that dream. Are you proud to call UK a basketball school these days? I would say that this incoming class was fully expecting to be the latest additions to an established roster. Now, they're finding out that they are the roster. Does that sound like a well-oiled "Basketball School". You're just remembering days gone by ... that was then and this is now. Can't live in the past without looking foolish.

My point is a few down years don't change decades of established history.

No one thinks uk is a football school or a volleyball school or whatever dumb point you are trying to make.

Was UK not a basketball school in the abysmal 80s that ended in probation?

My point is a few down years don't change decades of established history.

No one thinks uk is a football school or a volleyball school or whatever dumb point you are trying to make.

Was UK not a basketball school in the abysmal 80s that ended in probation?
... "dumb point". My point is valid because TODAY UK is anything but a "basketball school". Living in the past is foolish. The last five years under Calipari, he has gutted this program. Again, today for any UK fan to publicly claim, with pride, that UK is a basketball school because of its prowess on the court, is laughable. Living on the accomplishments of the past will not project well into the future. UK is not a "functioning" basketball school and it cannot claim otherwise based on yesteryear and to do so is embarrassing and foolish. UK could quickly "re-establish" itself as such with a competent coaching change but as it stands, with the endorsement of Barnhart today of Cal, UK is more a football school for this UK fan. You can argue your point based on yesterday all you want but as it stands, UK looks to be just another face in the crowd in college basketball today ... very mediocre and certainly nothing for any other program to fear. UK used to be feared and certainly respected ... that is a basketball school. That's not our reality today and to proudly claim that UK is a basketball school ... well, that's dumb. That's just my opinion and I understand yours is different and I'm OK with that.

Reactions: RunninRichie
... "dumb point". My point is valid because TODAY UK is anything but a "basketball school". Living in the past is foolish. The last five years under Calipari, he has gutted this program. Again, today for any UK fan to publicly claim, with pride, that UK is a basketball school because of its prowess on the court, is laughable. Living on the accomplishments of the past will not project well into the future. UK is not a "functioning" basketball school and it cannot claim otherwise based on yesteryear and to do so is embarrassing and foolish. UK could quickly "re-establish" itself as such with a competent coaching change but as it stands, with the endorsement of Barnhart today of Cal, UK is more a football school for this UK fan. You can argue your point based on yesterday all you want but as it stands, UK looks to be just another face in the crowd in college basketball today ... very mediocre and certainly nothing for any other program to fear. UK used to be feared and certainly respected ... that is a basketball school. That's not our reality today and to proudly claim that UK is a basketball school ... well, that's dumb. That's just my opinion and I understand yours is different and I'm OK with that.

If we are going by success in only the past few years we are a women's volleyball school.

We just lost at home to vandy in football last year and massively unserachieved at 7 and 5.

If we are going by success in only the past few years we are a women's volleyball school.

We just lost at home to vandy in football last year and massively unserachieved at 7 and 5.
Here's the bottom line ... under Calipari, UK is no basketball school. If we are ever to rid ourselves of this sick and twisted carpetbagger, then and only then could we begin to "re-establish" ourselves as a respected basketball power that could then resume the "claim" to be a basketball school. We differ in opinion, like I said, it's called conversation and this one is becoming a bit boring. I hope you have a nice evening.

No. The answer is always No.

Calipari doesn't.

Whatever it is........he doesn't.

Cal is a fat lazy POS at this point in his career.

slobking-pizza.gif

Reactions: Bluesbrother
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT