ADVERTISEMENT

I Want All the Players Back .....

dbem1

Blue Chip Prospect
Apr 21, 2007
.... and here is why. All I hear is we do not have a bench. Players are playing too many minutes. Well, these players, with this recruiting class, will give us a bench. The question is, will we go to an up-tempo offense and more full court defense to make use of a deep bench. You wear the other team down and it affects the second half of a game.

.... and here is why. All I hear is we do not have a bench. Players are playing too many minutes. Well, these players, with this recruiting class, will give us a bench. The question is, will we go to an up-tempo offense and more full court defense to make use of a deep bench. You wear the other team down and it affects the second half of a game.
What we need is a coach who will know how to use this depth....IF it happens.

Hell no! I don’t want to see any of these guys except Thiero and Ugonna. I’m sick of the lot if them. Overrated and can’t hack it. Get Wheeler out on the next plane.

Cal sounded like he DIDN'T want the SR's back next year in his postgame presser. The way the season unfolded, I have a feeling that most of these upperclassmen were HEADCASES that needed CODDLING.

As FRAGILE as their EGO's appeared to be, I don't know if another year would matter. Reeves, Toppin, Wheeler and CJ ALL played like they were SCARED TOO DEATH at some point during their time here and some MORESO than others.

Would LOVE to get Oscar back.

We had a full bench of talent and returning players in 2015 and Cal still blew it. He cut down on the platooning as the yr went on and didn't press. What makes you think he's going to actually utilize any kind of a bench, and in the right way?!?! Not happening. Hell have a 6 man rotation as usual

I’m not letting Cal off the hook here, seems like you’ve got to go all in one way or the other around here now, but Oscar is the only UK talent on this team. We built a team of mid-major and football school kids, then spent the year wondering why they played like mid-majors. I get it; Cal recruited them, the offense was awful, we can’t shoot, no in-game adjustments, and inbounds plays. Can’t forget free throw shooting either. All true. But we also were relying on guys who are seniors because at the end of the day they’re not that good. So I may be in the minority here, but I’ll take young and athletic over junior transfer “shooters” from Northwest Middle Des Moines Barber and Trucking school

Reactions: playmorezeppelin
CJ won't be back, he found pussy.
Wheeler won't be back because his pussy hurts.
Ware won't be back unless he accepts being fourth in line, and is just there for the NIL. And I'd be ok with that.
Wallace and Oscar could be anchors with reduced minutes.

Toppin? I'd rather he leave so Livingston can play the 4 and prosper.

Thiero could develop into a good 3, and we need Reeves for the 2.
If any of the freshmen can show they can beat out the vets, more power to them, and better for the team's success.

Reactions: tomrain
Cow's an idiot. I expect he talks guys out the door we need and keeps guys that just take up space like Ware.

Injuries every year and every year wasted schollys.

Don't even let Wheeler back on campus. Can you imagine if Cow brought him back.😂

Oscar and Toppin need to give the NBA a shot.
Reeves is not a pro so like Mintz. It's a good idea to return.
CJ is not healthy enough and Reed should be an upgrade as a reserve guard.
Wheeler is not needed in any way.
Not a fan if the covid year.

So the Seniors are all transfers so they can’t go play right away somewhere else? That could be a problem for them all leaving, if they don’t like Europe. I guess a couple could try the fantastic G league. A lot of players in the g league foolishly left early from college, at least these guys stuck it out.

What we need:

Get Oscar, Reeves, and Livingston back.

That's not unreasonable.

Adios to CJ, Wheeler, and Toppin.

Add a legit shooter from the portal.

What we'll get:

Livingston back.

Add a 37% three point shooter from Eastern Appalachian State who averaged 12 points/game last year.

Platoon… tried it, Cal couldn’t win the championship that way either.
Had literally best seasons you can litterally have until a upset in the FF.

That’s not something to gripe at really. 38-1 is tops of the books on season stats. Regardless of the upset.

What we need:

That's not unreasonable.

What we'll get:

Livingston back.

Add a 37% three point shooter from Eastern Appalachian State who averaged 12 points/game last year.
You have pt to sell to a shooter if Reeves doesn't return.
If he's back along with the freshmen, that Eastern App St player may be as good as we can do.

Cal sounded like he DIDN'T want the SR's back next year in his postgame presser. The way the season unfolded, I have a feeling that most of these upperclassmen were HEADCASES that needed CODDLING.

As FRAGILE as their EGO's appeared to be, I don't know if another year would matter. Reeves, Toppin, Wheeler and CJ ALL played like they were SCARED TOO DEATH at some point during their time here and some MORESO than others.

Would LOVE to get Oscar back.
Nope....got burger boys he's PROMISED PT to. That simple. That generational poverty thingy.

What we need:

That's not unreasonable.

What we'll get:

Livingston back.

To your last point, we did that when we got CJ and I’m completely dumbfounded at how bad he was this year. For the next go around I want a kid who’s not afraid to pull up in someone’s face

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Had literally best seasons you can litterally have until a upset in the FF.

That’s not something to gripe at really. 38-1 is tops of the books on season stats. Regardless of the upset.
Yeah, Cal probably had two of the best teams, all on the same bench. They had a great record and won a lot of games, but they didn’t win the championship. That was the goal, as it is every season.

To your last point, we did that when we got CJ and I’m completely dumbfounded at how bad he was this year. For the next go around I want a kid who’s not afraid to pull up in someone’s face
CJ should have never played this season.

Same as last year.

Right off the bat when it is all over one of the first thing Cal says is he suspects all the seniors will leave. Why would you say that? You think OT, Toppin and Reeves are ready for the pro's? It kind of hits me like he is saying they need to go so he can play his incoming 5 stars with no thought about trying to win the championship. What are the chances of winning the championship with so many frosh playing key roles? Reeves has already said he likes it here and would like to come back. OT has said numerous times he likes it here so much it will be his home when he is done playing. Any coach serious of winning the championship knows we need veteran players to not only get a good start winning games early on to get the highest seed possible but to also not tighten up when the tournament gets here. Just makes me mad when the focus is not to win the championship.

Last edited:
You bet Cal wants a clean slate. He also took advice from Wooden years ago. Come tourney time, you shrink your rotation to 6-7 players. This was back in 2015. Now look where we are.

You didn't complete the mission with 10-11 high level talents and you don't want to ever do that again. Welcome to the 1st round exit folks.

We had a full bench of talent and returning players in 2015 and Cal still blew it. He cut down on the platooning as the yr went on and didn't press. What makes you think he's going to actually utilize any kind of a bench, and in the right way?!?! Not happening. Hell have a 6 man rotation as usual

I see far too many people complain about platooning when talking about 2015. The fact of the matter is analytically Kentucky was at its absolute peak in the non-conference when we platooned and could press. Then Poythress gets hurt, Lyles develops a mystery illness, and slowly the rotation is trimmed to 7.5 guys plus spot minutes from Lee.

The biggest advantage that team had was depth and pressing ability and Cal even saw it work with his own eyes and decided to slowly kill the advantage by March. I don't think that is brought up enough by the fan base.

Reeves and Livingston returning would be ideal.

Yeah, Cal probably had two of the best teams, all on the same bench. They had a great record and won a lot of games, but they didn’t win the championship. That was the goal, as it is every season.
If your goal is a championship or bust every season you’re disappointed a whole lot. So you’re telling me that since 1903 8 seasons have been good and the rest utter failures?
Seems like in your eyes we have always been shit.

Right off the bat when it is all over one of the first thing Cal says is he suspects all the seniors will leave. Why would you say that? You think OT, Toppin and Reeves are ready for the pro's? It kind of hits me like he is saying they need to go so he can play his incoming 5 stars with no thought about trying to win the championship. What are the chances of winning the championship with so many frosh playing key roles? Reeves has already said he likes it here and would like to come back. OT has said numerous times he likes it here so much it will be his home when he is done playing. Any coach serious of winning the championship knows we need veteran players to not only get a good start winning games early on to get the highest seed possible but to also not tighten up when the tournament gets here. Just makes me mad when the focus is not to win the championship.
If anyone runs OT off and him wanting to come back needs to be ran off himself. No guarantee the 5 star super frosh isn’t a damion collins for this team.
1 in hand is better that 1 in bush. Then if Bradshaw is amazing that’s even better. But if he’s a typical Frosh Oscar can balance that out.

If your goal is a championship or bust every season you’re disappointed a whole lot. So you’re telling me that since 1903 8 seasons have been good and the rest utter failures?
Seems like in your eyes we have always been shit.
So you’re telling me that a championship isn’t the goal every season. Seems like I have higher expectations than you. So either I expect to much or you expect to little. We will agree to disagree… Have a good day.

CJ won't be back, he found pussy.
Wheeler won't be back because his pussy hurts.
Ware won't be back unless he accepts being fourth in line, and is just there for the NIL. And I'd be ok with that.
Wallace and Oscar could be anchors with reduced minutes.

Toppin? I'd rather he leave so Livingston can play the 4 and prosper.

Thiero could develop into a good 3, and we need Reeves for the 2.
If any of the freshmen can show they can beat out the vets, more power to them, and better for the team's success.
5* freshmen in Cal's program don't need to "beat out" veterans. They get the call immediately because it's all about generational poverty and padding his NBA draft record. "Veterans" don't do a damned thing for Cal's perceived "legacy" because being veterans means they will never be called in that first round and get million dollar contracts he can brag about when he's old and retired.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT