ADVERTISEMENT

I think we can all agree this team has a very high upside

The scary thing about last night is its just mid Nov., we shot horribly in the 2nd half, were without all 3 bigs and still only lost by 2 buckets to the #1 team in America on a neutral floor.

Moral of the story? UK is probably winning #9.

• Wow
Reactions: sambowieshin
Yup, this team feels like an early Cal team. Always disappointing to lose a game like this, but let's see how things shake out. The pieces are clearly there for this to be a special season. Last night was full of fun, intense, high energy play from this team. Learn to string that together for 40 minutes and they'll be able to run any team off the court.

I think we need to consider HOW the bigs factor into the lineups .... does Thiero move to the bench? Mitchell? Cal isn't going to just not play Edwards.

I think we need to consider HOW the bigs factor into the lineups .... does Thiero move to the bench? Mitchell? Cal isn't going to just not play Edwards.
It will simply make us deeper and more capable of controlling the paint. Esp if all three end up playing. Its simply a win win win.
Guys like Dickenson wont be able to go for 20 and 20 in that scenerio.

Reactions: sambowieshin
Agreed. And I don't think DJ will keep getting the green light so long as Dilly keeps playing this well.

Nit sure what the outrage is.

Obviously we'll have to wait and see how Edwards continues to play, BUT if he continues to struggle, I wonder if he'll get the EJ Montgomery treatment. EJ came in with a lot of hype and expectations, but then ended up playing 15 minutes a game his freshmen season.

So will he get the EJ treatment or will he get the BJ Boston treatment (keep in mind, we were NOT as deep on Boston's team as this team)

When we get our bigs, and the freshman learn from their mistakes, and they will, I think we can be as good as anybody in the country
Freshman will make mistakes all year, they are Freshmen. Wish they would stick around more than a year.

Agree they have a ceiling. I think last night was very misleading though. I think there is a very very good chance we don't hit 9 3's in any half the rest of the year. We are not as good as we played the 1st half, hopefully we are not as bad as we were late in the game either. Bottom line is I'm not sure we know how high our ceiling is just yet and probably won't until SEC play.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
They do and that is promising, but they also have a coach who will make the same mistakes every big game that will cost them

Play Bradshaw ahead of Tre and rotate accordingly. Z gets limited minutes for fouls and rest. Ugo? I doubt we see him much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT