ADVERTISEMENT

I think we can all agree Mark 'won the press conference' as they say

bro fluff off

Good god you are miserable prckly thing. Since you're not a 'fan' but a poser why do you even bother? Fluff off
Why a poser? I’m pretty open about everything. Sorry your inner snowflake doesn’t want to hear other opinions. Haven’t you been whining about all things Cal for a couple years now? Could be someone else I guess.

I’m on board but people want to read what they want. Hope he kills it. Just not afraid to look at both sides. If he’s fun I’ll watch. If not I won’t.
Gotcha 💯👍🏻👍🏻 I’m following you.
Sorry for calling you out for something that was not there.

Reactions: Deli owl
You were complaining about Coach Pope a few days ago and stated he had many shortcomings so I asked you a to list the shortcomings of Pope and you gave me one. Shortcomings is plural. I could assume this is the only shortcoming and you mistakenly added an "s" to the end of the word, but I can also assume that you just put your blurb out there to stir true UK fans up and have never seen a single game of Pope coaching at either Utah Valley or BYU to validate your statement. Can you clear this up with an answer?
Sure no experience at a top flight program, no proven top flight recruiting ability, no tourney wins, just lost to a nobody in tourney. I hope he kills it at UK but I’m not going to ignore his history. I actually think his style of play will be entertaining which is the top for me but I know Oats is entertaining. I wanted him but hope Mark can do well. It’s ok to point out flaws and history.
Some of these guys crack me up with the negative stuff. They’ve been negative for several years but only their reasons count as important I guess.

Appreciate your response and agree it is fine to point out flaws and history. Let me rebut.
1. No experience - 9 years head coach in Division 1
2. Recruiting ability - how many of the Top 100. Recruits would COW get if he were the BYU coach? Mormon university that has a strict honor code. Pope will have no trouble getting players
3. No tourney wins - correct

4. Lost to a nobody - #11 seed Duquesne, UK lost to #14 and #15 seeds in tourney last 3 years.

I think if you look at Oats - he was at Buffalo before coming to Bama, not to level of BYU. What top recruits did he lure to Buffalo? Tourney wins I am not sure. Lost to a nobody - probably not as they were a low seed
Same could be applied to Hurley and Drew. They are both probably considered 2 of the top 5 coaches in the country. But Hurley was unheard of before getting the UConn job (except for his name)and not super successful. Pope has a 67 winning % which is better than Hurley’s prior to the past 2 years. Drew has done a great job at Baylor and is a top recruiter. Won 1 and lost one to BYU this season and Baylor had superior talent

Hey guys @Deli owl is a good poster and definitely a UK fan
While I don’t entirely agree with his stance, I do get where he’s coming from. He has every right to be skeptical. And he HAS said repeatedly that he hope Mark kills it
His concerns are legit.
We’re all in a state of euphoria right now. That presser was amazing. All the right things were done and said. Even so..we do need to make sure hopes don’t get too high or we will crash
I’m personally excited as hell, but I understand those who aren’t just yet.

While I don’t entirely agree with his stance, I do get where he’s coming from. He has every right to be skeptical. And he HAS said repeatedly that he hope Mark kills it
His concerns are legit.
We’re all in a state of euphoria right now. That presser was amazing. All the right things were done and said. Even so..we do need to make sure hopes don’t get too high or we will crash
I know Deli's M.O., and normally it's harmless and even clever or insightful. But being a constant contrarian, simply for attention, gets a bit stale. In this case, in particular, there's simply no reason to be a wet blanket when the fan base is riding high immediately after a fantastic moment. Sometimes it's really ok to not say anything at all. Ya know? Anyway, not a big deal. Moving on.

His concerns are legit.
Sorry...seems like he's just on here to start fights with everyone. I put him on ignore today.

He did fine...but he provided little information to ensure he has a plan that will certainly work.

- Pope understands the passion of KY fans
- We want to win in Nashville
- We want players that value wearing this uniform
- We expect to win all games...
- The standard is titles

All great lines....and is an improvement from Cal's "Players first" mantra.

But outside of how many three's we'll shoot.....I didn't hear a specific plan of recruiting, defensive philosophy, coaching staff, etc... that was great. But to be fair, we'll get to see it soon enough so no need to spill it out press conference if he doesn't want to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT