ADVERTISEMENT

I think we can all agree Mark 'won the press conference' as they say

I would have named them. Mark is a class guy and I think he’s going to do incredibly well here. Unlike some of Cal’s barbs thrown at UK/Barnhart, I think Coach Pope will continue to win and win back Cal’s players as he shows he’s about gratitude for both sides of the jersey. He is intentionally, like Pitino (and it was GREAT to hear him named and appreciated a lot), about winning for UK and shepherding players to achieve their best in whatever station they choose, from farming to finance, teaching to the NBA.
Cal didn't name Pitino when he did his first appearance in Rupp.

He did that just exactly perfectly. I was on-scene at Cal’s “domination proclamation” and this was twice the event that was with five times the heart. If you remember, Cal in that spotlight was only reading his printed speech off the pages.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
Not an important victory. If he losses people will not care about that. Of course IU would hang a banner

Actually it's a huge victory. How many other coaches, who were the program's third or fourth choice, could rally a fan base like that? Getting the fan base 100% behind him is huge

Cal didn't name Pitino when he did his first appearance in Rupp.
And I think most people who follow UK know why. Pitino was at UofL at the time and they didn’t like each other. Coach Pope doesn’t have any grudge with Cal, save for righting the UK first ship that had gotten too focused on individuals and the NBA.

Big Blue Nation, that was incredible. Like others said above, I teared up. Especially when everyone started getting off the bus. Delk has always been my favorite player and to see everyone rally around Coach Pope, made me giddy as a school boy.

I would have named them. Mark is a class guy and I think he’s going to do incredibly well here. Unlike some of Cal’s barbs thrown at UK/Barnhart, I think Coach Pope will continue to win and win back Cal’s players as he shows he’s about gratitude for both sides of the jersey. He is intentionally, like Pitino (and it was GREAT to hear him named and appreciated a lot), about winning for UK and shepherding players to achieve their best in whatever station they choose, from farming to finance, teaching to the NBA.
I’m guessing he didn’t say Calipari’s name because there probably would’ve been a huge negative reaction. Didn’t want nor need that today
Didn’t mention any other name so it wouldn’t seem like he was singling Calipari out; Pitino was mentioned because he was Marks coach

Just a guess, as I said

Because we have to be sourpusses over something.

This whole thing may crash and burn horribly. But TODAY? TODAY was fun.

We’re at least a year from people needing to freak out and be negative like @Deli owl .

I believe he’s a UK fan but he seemingly is just as much a Calipari fan? Idk. His vibe is very strange. It’s just so odd to me to constantly be negative and downtrodden the last several days. To each those own I suppose but I do pity him.

Next year may be rough ish (maybe not?) considering he just became coach and all of Calipari’s recruits are going to follow him to hog heaven.

I’m interested and intrigued to see how he does the following year, who he recruits this upcoming season and which portal guys he gets at the end of next season/next spring and summer.

Was busy earlier but just watched it. He won it for sure. I'm ready to run through a brick wall. So excited for build of the team and the upcoming season.

We’re at least a year from people needing to freak out and be negative like @Deli owl .

I believe he’s a UK fan but he seemingly is just as much a Calipari fan? Idk. His vibe is very strange. It’s just so odd to me to constantly be negative and downtrodden the last several days. To each those own I suppose but I do pity him.

Next year may be rough ish (maybe not?) considering he just became coach and all of Calipari’s recruits are going to follow him to hog heaven.

I’m interested and intrigued to see how he does the following year, who he recruits this upcoming season and which portal guys he gets at the end of next season/next spring and summer.
Actually don’t care who is coach as I’ve said before. Just sad we went to 7th choice. Also as I’ve said before I’m not a fan. I watch when they are entertaining and don’t when they are not. Your assumptions make you look to be lacking knowledge about me. Hope Pope does well but his press conference is just a pep rally and meaningless to wins and losses. Btw I don’t enjoy big blue madness either.

Pope did a better job today than you. Why not just let people enjoy a nice moment?
I didn’t ask anyone not to enjoy it but it’s mostly meaningless in the grand scheme. Wins and entertainment matter but to me not in that order.

He can't possibly let us down more than ya boy Cal.

Family Guy Buzz Killington GIF - Family Guy Buzz Killington GIFs
I don’t care if Cal coaches her or not.

As a long time fan (and I mean long time - back in Rupp era), this man has me excited. I can truthfully say that Cal never did. I was at the 1996 Championship game when we beat Syracuse, with Mark playing. Hard to imagine that he is not going to do great. It is so darn good that we can now realistically plan (and hope) for Kentucky basketball to return to the levels that we are all used to.

Not an important victory. If he losses people will not care about that. Of course IU would hang a banner
Such a ding-a-ling response.

But I get it honestly…..
I was not for the initial higher…
But it is…. He is our coach….. get on board for a chance my friend…. You’re a good poster….. support a chance…. It’s TOTAL opposite from Cal…..

You in?

Actually don’t care who is coach as I’ve said before. Just sad we went to 7th choice. Also as I’ve said before I’m not a fan. I watch when they are entertaining and don’t when they are not. Your assumptions make you look to be lacking knowledge about me. Hope Pope does well but his press conference is just a pep rally and meaningless to wins and losses. Btw I don’t enjoy big blue madness either.
You were complaining about Coach Pope a few days ago and stated he had many shortcomings so I asked you a to list the shortcomings of Pope and you gave me one. Shortcomings is plural. I could assume this is the only shortcoming and you mistakenly added an "s" to the end of the word, but I can also assume that you just put your blurb out there to stir true UK fans up and have never seen a single game of Pope coaching at either Utah Valley or BYU to validate your statement. Can you clear this up with an answer?

You were complaining about Coach Pope a few days ago and stated he had many shortcomings so I asked you a to list the shortcomings of Pope and you gave me one. Shortcomings is plural. I could assume this is the only shortcoming and you mistakenly added an "s" to the end of the word, but I can also assume that you just put your blurb out there to stir true UK fans up and have never seen a single game of Pope coaching at either Utah Valley or BYU to validate your statement. Can you clear this up with an answer?
Sure no experience at a top flight program, no proven top flight recruiting ability, no tourney wins, just lost to a nobody in tourney. I hope he kills it at UK but I’m not going to ignore his history. I actually think his style of play will be entertaining which is the top for me but I know Oats is entertaining. I wanted him but hope Mark can do well. It’s ok to point out flaws and history.

Some of these guys crack me up with the negative stuff. They’ve been negative for several years but only their reasons count as important I guess.

Such a ding-a-ling response.

But I get it honestly…..
I was not for the initial higher…
But it is…. He is our coach….. get on board for a chance my friend…. You’re a good poster….. support a chance…. It’s TOTAL opposite from Cal…..

You in?
I’m on board but people want to read what they want. Hope he kills it. Just not afraid to look at both sides. If he’s fun I’ll watch. If not I won’t.

Reactions: Short-Dawg-69
What was your all’s favorite shot? 😂

Mine was the one about the players are not doing us a favor by letting this jersey clothe them.

bro fluff off
No pointing out flaws is a critique of a coach. People seem to be afraid of doing this. I will say some people seem to love the fluff stuff, I do not.
Good god you are miserable prckly thing. Since you're not a 'fan' but a poser why do you even bother? Fluff off

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT