ADVERTISEMENT

I think Mitch just united the fan base

200.gif

187-108 is his coaching record as a head coach. I loved mark as a player but he hasn't proven enough that he should be the coach here. This happens and there's going to be a lot of fans losing their minds. Please mitch you had better not do this or you're going to get run out of Lexington

Don’t see how you couldn’t take a wait and see approach with this. Has had success. Runs really good offensive sets. Probably not breaking the bank to get him. Gets the importance of Kentucky basketball to the state. And is one of our own.

Mark Pope has never coached a team to an NCAA tournament win.

Yikes.

I like Mark Pope as a coach. Maybe he is the best we can get?
We didn't even get through all Tier 1 coaches or any of Tier 2. We could've had Pearl and probably bought out Oats. Donovan hates it in Chicago and would've probably at least heard us out.

Pope was a joke candidate on the board and internet for a reason.

Yeah.

I get why Pope would want the job, and I think he is a decent coach, but Mitch is setting him up for failure.
He’s not only setting him up for failure, he’s also banking on his UK legacy earning him more patience for multiple years of sucking. That way he is off the hook for the next hire.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT