ADVERTISEMENT

I knew things would get worse and worse after 2015

StevieJFTW07

Senior
Nov 19, 2016
An outmanned and waaaaaay inferior Notre Dame team outplayed one of the best college basketball teams of all time and UK was lucky to escape with a two point victory after Cal made no adjustments and let Notre Dame slash and gash and drive the lane and kill us in the paint at will. Then UK had the game in the bag vs. Wisconsin and wussy Coach Cal decided to have one of the best and deepest college basketball teams of all time play stall ball and chuck away the Final 4 game, likely the National Title, and a perfect season with clunk after clunk after clunk with one second on the shot clock basically the last three+ minutes of the game. That was pretty much it for Coach Cal..we had a couple of decent runs since (2017 and 2019) but Cal has been overall horrendous since the end of the 2015 season. And honestly, if not for damn near miracles Aaron Harrison and Brandon Knight pulled and Anthony Davis in 2012..we would have only ONE Final Four (2015).

I mean, we crucified BCG after he took Ls to VMI, San Diego, and Gardner Webb but at least he had a valid excuse. No offense to anyone else on those UK teams but all they had was Meeks and Patterson. And Tubby really never took any embarrassing losses. A hurt Bogans and Dwayne freaking Wade was what killed us in arguably his second best season.

Coach Cal, on the other hand, has had by far the most talent of any college Coach and he's took losses to Evansville, Robert Morris, St. Peter's, Oakland, UNC-Wilmington, etc...he's had an NIT season and an ugly losing season (Covid year but still).

He has got to go !

Last edited:
The other factor that happened in 2015... Cal got inducted into the HoF. I genuinely believe that had a psychological effect on him. He chased the perfect season and came up short, and it took everything out of of him, but at least he got inducted to the Hall. He had no more carrots to chase after that.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT