ADVERTISEMENT

I kinda think this hurts the ego

Can we all agree that neither of these dudes is worth $9 million a year? FFS

And as nauseating as I find Calipari anymore… at least he won a title. Stoops hasn’t even won the SEC EAST. Mitch is an idiot.

It is mind-blowing that Stoops makes that much. I realize UK Basketball has been down the past few years and that football generates way more revenue but Stoops making more than Cal just doesn't make any sense.

Is Stoops now a Top 10 paid CFB coach??

Reactions: jace2012
It's been almost 1400 days since we won a NCAA Tournament game. What has Cal been doing? They should take salary away from him until he wins one.

The program has been going downhill since 2015. Facts. Football has been going uphill. Facts.
Uphill is easy when you have 0 expectations, 0 playoff appearances, 0 anything that matters. Nothing. Our football program is bottom 2 in the SEC. Facts.

Uphill is easy when you have 0 expectations, 0 playoff appearances, 0 anything that matters. Nothing. Our football program is bottom 2 in the SEC. Facts.

This is the elephant in the room. I don't agree we are bottom 2 in the SEC, but otherwise, spot on. For all the highs of Stoops we have won a bunch of who cares bowl games and beat up on the down and weaker sec teams. It will be fascinating to see how he does with 9 conference games and having a much tougher schedule each season.

The story to me is, UK is paying $18 million for two head coaches. What university does that?

Are there any other schools paying that much for their football and basketball coaches combined. I am curious what school it could be

According to what?
The sports world will continue to get richer as long as there are fans.

To be honest, UK will never be a threat in football to win a national championship, let alone the SEC.

Stoops' ceiling, and UK football in general, is a 10 win season here or there.

Cal needs to perform this tournament, or his seat which is already very warm is going to be on fire.

Both are overpaid anyways.

It is mind-blowing that Stoops makes that much. I realize UK Basketball has been down the past few years and that football generates way more revenue but Stoops making more than Cal just doesn't make any sense.

Is Stoops now a Top 10 paid CFB coach??
Forget the getting paid more than Calipari take but what are they going to do when Stoops stinks it up three seasons in a row? The only thing the contract tells me, is UK is happy at being middle of the pack in the SEC and winning the games against Little Sisters of the Poor to get the 10 win season.

Stoops is now set to make $8.6 million per season plus his $400,000 base salary which puts him at $9 million per season.

When the raise takes effect in February 2023, Stoops will be making more than men’s basketball head coach John Calipari who will make $8.5 million this seaso
Well now we are guaranteed to go back to the toilet, has one of the most disappointing seasons ever and gets signed an extension again, making more than Cal which is laughable.

Forget the getting paid more than Calipari take but what are they going to do when Stoops stinks it up three seasons in a row? The only thing the contract tells me, is UK is happy at being middle of the pack in the SEC and winning the games against Little Sisters of the Poor to get the 10 win season.
Trust me I like being competitive. I definitely enjoy where we are compared to what we used to be but this puts a cap on us for sure. He definitely shouldn’t have gotten another extension and raise. I agree we are content finishing 3rd in the East and 6th overall at best.

Reactions: jace2012

I'm actually fine where the program is I just cannot fathom the paying him that much.

HENCE MY ORIGINAL POST ... Stoops has overachieved with history at Kentucky.

And the way this Gonzaga game is going, it only adds to my point Cal has no idea what he is doing.

Reactions: jimmybuffet123
HENCE MY ORIGINAL POST ... Stoops has overachieved with history at Kentucky.

And the way this Gonzaga game is going, it only adds to my point Cal has no idea what he is doing.
You dont get to get 9 mil a year just because you win a couple of games, no matter how low they were before. THE GATOR BOWL SHOULD NOT BE REWARDED WITH 9 MIL A YEAR

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT