ADVERTISEMENT

I hope Mark and his daughters are cautious about social media

TankedCat

All-American
Nov 8, 2006
I don't know anything about his family

and for the sake of their quality of life, I hope I don't

because if I do, its going to most likely be because his daughters are on social media, interacting with UK fans and I'll hear about it on here.

One thing we've learned from Calipari is that your kids on social media can be a toxic situation. No UK fan should say anything to Mark Pope's kids, but when you have as many fans as we do, you are going to get some jackasses who think its their birthright to talk trash to the daughter of the coach after a loss or whatever.

I'd like to ask every UK fan to pledge to leave Mark Pope's family alone on social media. To encourage other UK fans to do the same.

Even if you think they want thousands of followers now, avoid it. Let them have a life on social media typical of people their age without constant confrontation

Hope they stay off here especially after a loss. LOL They seem prepared as a family to handle BBN good and bad though

I can promise you just by looking at popes daughters they live on social media, its the way of the world nowadays. But dont attack a coaches kids if your mad thats a really dumb shitty thing to do. Now erin calipari talking sideways at every turn is a bit of a different story dont dish if you cant take

I don’t disagree at all. I don’t X or follow anyone but understand why some do. That being said Popes girls seem somewhat wired differently. I can see someone saying something to them about their dad’s bad coaching and they just agree with them and say they already told him the same 😂

I hope/wish our "fans" would stop following coaches' families and even the players on social media.

I don’t disagree at all. I don’t X or follow anyone but understand why some do. That being said Popes girls seem somewhat wired differently. I can see someone saying something to them about their dad’s bad coaching and they just agree with them and say they already told him the same 😂
yea, but you know those girls arrived at Rupp thinking 6000 people would be there and that would be huge news, then they see their dad driving in on a bus and 22000 screaming fans with 5000 being turned away. They may not realize that is exponentially larger on social media. I just hope Pope meets expectations and they get to see that side of BBN

I won’t be interacting with them on social media, just like I didn’t Cal’s kids. I’m with you, why people ever do that is beyond me.
I’ve always found it weird to interact with recruits too.

I’d suggest to have a private profile for social media if you’re a coach’s family.

Reactions: sdryan2 and JDHoss

because if I do, its going to most likely be because his daughters are on social media, interacting with UK fans and I'll hear about it on here.

One thing we've learned from Calipari is that your kids on social media can be a toxic situation. No UK fan should say anything to Mark Pope's kids, but when you have as many fans as we do, you are going to get some jackasses who think its their birthright to talk trash to the daughter of the coach after a loss or whatever.

I'd like to ask every UK fan to pledge to leave Mark Pope's family alone on social media. To encourage other UK fans to do the same.

Even if you think they want thousands of followers now, avoid it. Let them have a life on social media typical of people their age without constant confrontation
Thanks for posting this. Hope everyone pays heed to it

I'm 41 and never do social media. It's as toxic as drugs in a relationship to the way it destroys people's mind and fills it full of garbage. I still see alot of stuff but I can tell you right now I have zero followers and hope Mark's daughters just enjoy being kids in the KY family because that's what's gonna make thiers lives better at this time.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I think Lee Ann and Mark Pope can handle their daughters.
Yeah

Don't try to parent for them. They have 4 beautiful young daughters, it is 2024, they know the ups and downs of social media.

Stop thinking they are coming to Lexington from a convent. Provo is a normal part of America and modern society, warts and all.

Yeah

Don't try to parent for them. They have 4 beautiful young daughters, it is 2024, they know the ups and downs of social media.

Stop thinking they are coming to Lexington from a convent. Provo is a normal part of America and modern society, warts and all.
if you didn't learn anything from Sunday, there is nothing normal about what they are walking into at Lexington

Mormons have a lot of head scratching rules but one of them should be no social media.
That's why I pushed for an Amish coach. We could say what we wanted and they wouldn't know. Those 1000 mile rides in horse and buggy...

images

Totally agree. Anyone who did this with Cal's family are disgusting.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
I won’t be interacting with them on social media, just like I didn’t Cal’s kids. I’m with you, why people ever do that is beyond me.
The only children I communicate with on social media.....................are my grandchildren..........

Reactions: sdryan2
I'm 41 and never do social media. It's as toxic as drugs in a relationship to the way it destroys people's mind and fills it full of garbage. I still see alot of stuff but I can tell you right now I have zero followers and hope Mark's daughters just enjoy being kids in the KY family because that's what's gonna make thiers lives better at this time.
You are commenting on a form of social media, a "message board".

I can promise you just by looking at popes daughters they live on social media, its the way of the world nowadays. But dont attack a coaches kids if your mad thats a really dumb shitty thing to do. Now erin calipari talking sideways at every turn is a bit of a different story dont dish if you cant take
Cals kids were twats. They deserved what they got. Their attitude reeked of his entitlement. Ellen was about the only tolerable person n that family. But yea BBN, leave the Popes kids alone 😐🤨

Be a good reflection of the rearing your parents gave you, even if it means being the bigger person sometimes.

No more worries about 'Earned Not Given'.

Its a good feeling and the Popes are going to engage with this fan base like no other first basketball family has IMO.

Reactions: 0ldSarge
The only children I communicate with on social media.....................are my grandchildren..........
Anyone that communicates with UK players on social media, negative or positive, need to grow up and act different.

Yea I don’t think that’s a problem here.
The only child of a coach I’ve ever seen on social media was Cals daughter and she was usually the shit stirer lol
Anybody that would message family is pathetic

Cals kids were twats. They deserved what they got. Their attitude reeked of his entitlement. Ellen was about the only tolerable person n that family. But yea BBN, leave the Popes kids alone 😐🤨
this is stupid. they were defending their father against very toxic and mean things being said. I'd bet his daughters are more successful people than most kids.

The internet is the wild, wild west. Cal's daughter's were adults (still should be respected), and they held their own. But I can't imagine not taking up for a family member and having their back. The trouble is ..... on the internet you can can't win the fight and it never ends, it just escalates. Then both parties are often times crossing lines they would never touch in a civil discussion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT