ADVERTISEMENT

I have no plans to watch the bloodbath this Saturday night

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
I've been a fan of UK football since early 70s (attended a couple of games as a kid at Stoll Field and had season tix in the EZ when Commonwealth opened when I was 10 years old). Graduated from UK. In that time, I've seen a ton of bad football and bled blue and white every year. Have seen some really good years, too, just not enough.

But, watching UK get slaughtered on national TV at 7:30 pm in a game that won't finish until 11-ish is not appealing at all. We're evidently banged up, we have a piss poor OL, Georgia is #1 for a reason. A 'good' showing, imo, would be a 3 TD beatdown. Georgia will not have to do anything exceptional to put 40 points on the board and our offense will struggle to score > 10.

This may just be a symptom of getting older, the huge changes in CFB (NIL, transfers, conference realignment), the enormous amount of commercials on TV broadcasts. But, my ardent love of CFB has waned. My patience with horrible football, OL that can't remember the snap count or line up correctly, 5th yr seniors jumping offsides in an obvious situation where the opponent is never going to snap the ball, busted coverages that allow easy TDs, the revolving door of QBs who either aren't as good as advertised or have so little help that it doesn't matter, etc, is almost at an end. Watching another ass kicking when I know we have almost no chance of staying close, much less winning, is not enticing at all. Think I'll find something else to do or another game to watch where I have nothing invested.

i understand showing up in support of the team we love, but this ain’t like watching my high school grandsons play. lot’s of time and money put into it with no expectation of ever winning anything wears on many of us. i can’t even remember the last time we won our division. nine players confirmed out tomorrow and our unproven qb with a shoulder injury with the #1 team coming in.
i love the game of football but i also like to think my team will have a chance to win.

only reason i am watching is it is a chance to catch up with an old friend and have a beer or four. I too have sat through countless beat downs over 40 years of watching and caring. I understand the OP totally.

I will watch it until it gets out of hand. I hope I am wrong but I am not too optimistic at this point.

I'll watch, been doing so since the 60's, so no reason to quit now. I have 0 expectations in this game. Last week was John Ray days bad. If we score OR hold them below 45 Ill be surprised.

I've been a fan of UK football since early 70s (attended a couple of games as a kid at Stoll Field and had season tix in the EZ when Commonwealth opened when I was 10 years old). Graduated from UK. In that time, I've seen a ton of bad football and bled blue and white every year. Have seen some really good years, too, just not enough.

But, watching UK get slaughtered on national TV at 7:30 pm in a game that won't finish until 11-ish is not appealing at all. We're evidently banged up, we have a piss poor OL, Georgia is #1 for a reason. A 'good' showing, imo, would be a 3 TD beatdown. Georgia will not have to do anything exceptional to put 40 points on the board and our offense will struggle to score > 10.

This may just be a symptom of getting older, the huge changes in CFB (NIL, transfers, conference realignment), the enormous amount of commercials on TV broadcasts. But, my ardent love of CFB has waned. My patience with horrible football, OL that can't remember the snap count or line up correctly, 5th yr seniors jumping offsides in an obvious situation where the opponent is never going to snap the ball, busted coverages that allow easy TDs, the revolving door of QBs who either aren't as good as advertised or have so little help that it doesn't matter, etc, is almost at an end. Watching another ass kicking when I know we have almost no chance of staying close, much less winning, is not enticing at all. Think I'll find something else to do or another game to watch where I have nothing invested.
I will be watching and if the truth be known, I bet you will also. I am a Stoll Field guy also, quitting on UK FB after all these years isn't as easy as one would think!

Op needs to turn in his fan card and never post again.
Fair weathered fans not wanted.
Hit the road.

Reactions: Boz
I have seen so much bad football I never let my expectations get out of hand. It's bad but before the season I prepare for the worst.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT