ADVERTISEMENT

I have no idea what Jacob Toppin brings to this team

One of the more disappointing players UK has had in a while

Yeah, Livingston is feasting more and more of his minutes each game. Chris is performing in his minutes. I suspect a similar trend moving forward. Livingston is stepping up with his attacks, FT shooting, and rebounding. Seems like Chris is on an upward trajectory right now. Solid minutes!!

He brings big goofy hair. That's it.

Yeah, Livingston is feasting more and more of his minutes each game. Chris is performing in his minutes. I suspect a similar trend moving forward. Livingston is stepping up with his attacks, FT shooting, and rebounding. Seems like Chris is on an upward trajectory right now. Solid minutes!!
I have no idea what you have been seeing that makes you so optimistic about Livingston.

Seems like a funny game to be batching about Toppin. Guess ur upset he had a solid game
Solid game? I’d argue solid half. And continues to be a liability on the offensive end. Against the zone in the 2nd half he made a few plays. But against man to man - he’s a liability. Wilson from KU is going to absolutely dominate him.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
Solid game? I’d argue solid half. And continues to be a liability on the offensive end. Against the zone in the 2nd half he made a few plays. But against man to man - he’s a liability. Wilson from KU is going to absolutely dominate him.
Sorry but can't match ur negativity after we won. He had a double double with 4 assists and solid defense. He is a vital cog offensively against the zone even if he isn't scoring alot. Enjoy the win.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
That’s D on the inbounds play was impressive.
Love to ask him what he was thinking on that play. 1 second left on shot clock and you stand off the guy giving him a clear run to the rim? Did you think their basket was at the other end or what on earth were you thinking? Just stand in front of him if you can't do anything else. Literally just stand there in front of him with your hands up and your eyes closed and you are offering up more defense than what you did.

Passing up easy shots to only dribble in to a much tougher shot is my only complaint well except for positioning himself like a 3rd grader on inbounds play
One of the most unbelievable plays I’ve ever seen from a Senior

Passing up easy shots to only dribble in to a much tougher shot is my only complaint well except for positioning himself like a 3rd grader on inbounds play
I have to agree that his defensive position on that inbounds play was Jr Pro level defense.

I like what he can do in the zone. He's quick enough to flash to the FT line, where he can elevate higher than anyone else for an entry pass. And from there he can get it back out to a 3pt shooter if they colapse OR he has a short toss to Oscar posted-up OR they are giving him an unguarded FT.

He's not being the "star" player many of us hoped he would be after this summer. But every once in awhile he does give us something good. That one play last night when his guy made a great spin move to what should have been an easy layup, and then Toppin made an even greater recovery to block it.
And he's averaging I think 10 & 6.5 & 2 assists. I'd like to see his blocked shots up from 0.5, and his shooting % up some.

Reactions: MakinMusic
Livingston is a freshman and I'd like to think he is slowly figuring it out. Most freshmen can't step on the court and be dominant.
Based on your logic, why aren't the rest of the freshmen getting the same consideration that you are advocating for Livingston? If he isn't ready, he doesn't need to be on the court. The fact that he is a freshman means nothing to me. If Cal can't coach him up to play, he should remain on the bench until he is coached up enough to contribute. This isn't about getting someone ready for the NBA in one season. Because he is a freshman, he has next year to get ready. Unfortunately, Cal has created a system that makes kids believe they are failures if they have to come back for second season. I am program first instead of the players first nonsense. If you are not helping the program, you need to be on the bench.

Solid defender, struggling with his shot but it’s there (we’ve seen it) and an athlete. He can defend a SF or guard or Center. There is versatility there defensively. Good quickness and speed. I think he’s going to pull it together with a more consistent shot. I like him.

Also, the three- foot line drive jump hook that airballed and landed in Oscar's hands on the other side of the lane was incredibly weak. How does a major college player miss the rim from that distance? Oh well, Oscar got credit for another rebound.

As a role player, he’s fine. Many people expected him to be a breakout star (Jacob included I think) this season. As long as expectation are adjusted and he does the things he did well in the past like hustle and compete, he’s fine. As a go to guy, no. Absolutely not.

11/11/4/2/1

Toppin was fantastic last night. You all are a bunch of f'n idiots. Jesus Christ!
My only gripe is that he took 10 shots to score 11 pts. He bricks every jump shot. If he would drive every time, instead of taking a jumper that he leans back while going up every time, he could be even more effective. He is a great FT shooter too, so driving would get him to the line more.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT