ADVERTISEMENT

I hate when Cal's incompetence

BBN right now:

200w.gif

No complaints here. We need to have everyone back and healthy so we can get some continuity but I was proud of the guys effort. They crumpled the past game and this game had a few similar moments where we cut the lead to one possession and then squandered multiple opportunities to go up. Ark pushed it back to 6 we took and lost the lead a few times after that.

And best of all, we made daggers at the end and played very well to close then out.

Cal should (but won’t) get credit. He figured out a lineup that was getting it done and let them stay in and play.

Douchebags on here will blame him for the first half but credit the players for the second half though.
Yes, he managedthe roster well tonight. Vast improvement from last game. Both deserve credit and criticism.

USC was a terrible loss.

UNCW was a terrible loss.

This was a gritty, hard fought win in a super tough environment.

It's OK to appreciate it and to be hopeful that it's a sign we are growing as a team.
I get it Dep ... but Damn , so much in question and its a few days from Feb .. Dilly sick enough not to play but sits on the bench ? And I know you cant look at a guy and determine illness but he was not exactly acting linker anything was bothering him .. and Z. not getting 90 seconds ? IDK .. this game felt much more like a contest from 3 years ago than 3 weeks .

Cal should (but won’t) get credit. He figured out a lineup that was getting it done and let them stay in and play.

Douchebags on here will blame him for the first half but credit the players for the second half though.
Have to give him that. For the first time in a while he stuck with the best lineups. And Edwards sat most of the game.

I think Bradshaw should be the next one to see the bench in place of Z. Onyenso is holding his own right now. Not bad for a project.

DJ is regressing, but I think it's because teams are preparing for him, which is easy given he's a one-dimensional offensive player. Drive, drive, drive. He doesn't do much beyond that, so he's relatively easy to guard.

Reactions: UKortho and ck-2
I was impressed with the defensive progress.
Especially the three point.
Hopefully the beginning of a balanced game plan.
Reed must have slept through that lesson. He was dicking off in the paint all night while his man was bombing threes.

Championship teams win this game by 30 no matter where it is. We will probably drop some in the net because ark sucks and we barely won
Arizona is supposedly on Aike's top of the list metrics. Yet they lost again this week.

KU lost again.

Auburn dropped its second in a row.

Duke won thanks to the refs, at home, vs. a 13-5 unranked Clemson.

Baylor lost.

Tennessee had a first half scare against the LOWLY Vanderbilt.

At least we scored nearly 40 in the second half and actually played defense as well.

I think we're trying to figure out how to keep this offense rolling while playing better defense.

Against a team that is now 1-6 in league play. Not sure what point you are trying to make here.

It is quite a puzzler. 🤔
Who also had one of it's best player's quit before this game. So, Cal figures out how to come back by playing his best actual basketball players(Reeves, Mitchell, Reed) during crunch time, FINALLY!!!

He also played UGO when we needed rim protection. And he did AWESOME!!!!

HUGE win even if it was against a down Arky team.

Last edited:
Reactions: fbrent1972
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT