ADVERTISEMENT

I guess the SEC doesn't care.

Either they don't care or they are stupid by keeping the championship on Sunday. Time and time again the NCAA has shown that Sunday games don't matter when it comes to seeding.
Money. TV needs a Sunday game.

His words out of context
Question about if Calipari told his players about the importance of winning to securing a double-bye in the SEC Tournament.

No. You know the only tournament that matters to me. After this weekend, thattournament. So no, we never discussed it. I don’t even know if they know.

I'll be honest. I don't care. I love that Sunday we have the finals (loved it more when we were in it). Then run to gym. Then watch selection. That's a great day.

I wish the selection committee did take it in to effect. But it's not worth it to go from best 4 in Memphis to the worst 3 in Denver.

I'll be honest. I don't care. I love that Sunday we have the finals (loved it more when we were in it). Then run to gym. Then watch selection. That's a great day.

I wish the selection committee did take it in to effect. But it's not worth it to go from best 4 in Memphis to the worst 3 in Denver.
Plus, move it back and now we play on Thursday. I can make room for one vacation day or a Friday night. But not two. It's fine.

The head of the committee has been asked this numerous times after the bracket comes out and they ALWAYS say that they have a contingency for the winner and loser but it is TOTAL BS!!
Yeah they make a little flow chart that says if A team wins their seed is X and if B team wins their seed is X, but X in this case doesn’t change so the seed is set.

Last edited:
Reactions: catben
Either they don't care or they are stupid by keeping the championship on Sunday. Time and time again the NCAA has shown that Sunday games don't matter when it comes to seeding.
It doesn’t matter only if UK wins the tournament and it can help seeding. Everybody else gets the benefit of the doubt

It’s not about the match up, players, the viewership wins in the end. Viewership is about the dime. He who has the most dimes wins. Nothing matters past the dime. The dime controls it all.

Oh they care. They get alot of $$$$ for it being on Sunday. Also, I think that theory is overblown that Sunday doesn’t count. They have said over and over they have contingency plans in place if something happens in a Sunday game that could affect some seed lines. Now Texas AM and Kentucky several years back made it seem like it didn’t matter, but that was an anomaly.
Actually, they have said the opposite. They already have the seeds set by the time the SEC final is done. They only need to have an alternate if one of the participants is not an at large seed, and would earn an automatic seed by winning.
In 2011 we beat Florida twice in a couple of weeks, including the final of the SEC, and we got a 4 seed to their 2 seed. The committee specifically said, when asked, that they didn't take the Sunday game into consideration.

Actually, they have said the opposite. They already have the seeds set by the time the SEC final is done. They only need to have an alternate if one of the participants is not an at large seed, and would earn an automatic seed by winning.
In 2011 we beat Florida twice in a couple of weeks, including the final of the SEC, and we got a 4 seed to their 2 seed. The committee specifically said, when asked, that they didn't take the Sunday game into consideration.
Wrong. If the game ends early enough on Sunday and doesn’t end just minutes before the committee has to lock the seeds in, they have contingencies.

Wrong. If the game ends early enough on Sunday and doesn’t end just minutes before the committee has to lock the seeds in, they have contingencies.

The last 8 paragraphs confirm what I said, read your own links! They hold out until "midday".
It never helps, year after year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT