ADVERTISEMENT

I Go Back To The Cotton Nash Days, SO......

dbem1

Blue Chip Prospect
Apr 21, 2007
I have seen a lot. The highs and the lows. Thank goodness there was no internet when Rupp went 13-13. People get upset when we go through tough times because they love UK basketball. I get it. But this is not the low point of UK basketball. Not even close. We had high expectations this season because we believed we had a multi-talented team at all positions. Folks.. We DO NOT. We have decent talent but nowhere near the level we had in the past. Our margin of error is slim. Add in injuries, there is no margin. Does Cal deserve some blame. Absolutely. He recruited them. However, although this year will probably be one to forget, we can not give up. This Number 1 recruiting class coming in could be very special. It's the type of team Cal does best with. UK basketball is not dead, and as much as many want Cal gone, he will be here next year.

I have seen a lot. The highs and the lows. Thank goodness there was no internet when Rupp went 13-13. People get upset when we go through tough times because they love UK basketball. I get it. But this is not the low point of UK basketball. Not even close. We had high expectations this season because we believed we had a multi-talented team at all positions. Folks.. We DO NOT. We have decent talent but nowhere near the level we had in the past. Our margin of error is slim. Add in injuries, there is no margin. Does Cal deserve some blame. Absolutely. He recruited them. However, although this year will probably be one to forget, we can not give up. This Number 1 recruiting class coming in could be very special. It's the type of team Cal does best with. UK basketball is not dead, and as much as many want Cal gone, he will be here next year.
Milquetoast enabler.

You
photograph-Neville-Chamberlain-Bassano.jpg

0_V-Sign.jpg

Me

Reactions: Rush2112 UK
I would love to know what Cotton Nash thinks about this team and current program.

I enjoyed your post and have been a long time fan of UK too though not as far back as you. I have seen some rough times that we did bounce back from to become an even stronger program and I think we will eventually bounce back from the current state of affairs too. My concern though is the incredibly bad contract Barnhart worked up with Calipari. He is the highest paid coach in the country with an unbelievable buyout. We have never had to face that sort of thing in our past as a program. I believe Cal will be back next year, as you say, but I'm not as high about the #1 class as you seem to be. Shooting, again, appears to be a question mark with them and we also will be concerned about Cal and his coaching of them as I feel he is past his prime as a coach. It would help if we have some return such as Reeves and Livingston and maybe a couple of others. I hope you are correct with your optimism for next season and beyond.

That 13-13 year was coming off of an all-time overachieving runner-up season. Not the greatest comparison to the current stretch we’re in.

Reactions: tomrain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT