ADVERTISEMENT

I feel so sorry for Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBlueFanGA

All-American
Jun 14, 2005
Its almost impossible for him to turn down the offer but Barney should never have put him in this position.

There is nothing in Mark's coaching history to support hiring him at UK. I hope I'm wrong but I expect this to work out about this well;

Its almost impossible for him to turn down the offer but Barney should never have put him in this position.

There is nothing in Mark's coaching history to support hiring him at UK. I hope I'm wrong but I expect this to work out about this well;

Exactly he’s being set up to fail. He shouldn’t be in this position even considered. Our AD was the problem with cal that’s what all this shows

Mark knows he isn't ready for this. hes just as bad as mitch. he comes here all we can do is work to fire him.
God, you're turning on Pope? Seriously blaming him for turning down a job from a school he won at?????

He's not exactly new to coaching, you know. For all we know he reached out and wanted the job of coaching UK instead of us trying to entice guys that turn their noses up at us.

Agreed.

A coach who has never been on the big stage paired with a boss who is a complete moron = disaster waiting to happen.

For old timers like me, there is a decent chance we will not recover in my lifetime.

Defense is so crucial to winning big and that looks like Popes biggest weakness, along with recruiting. He has only been in a top 50 defense one time.

It’s wrong for the players that will give him a chance due to the standard they will be judged by, it isn’t fair for the fans, or Mark for the matter.

Agreed.

A coach who has never been on the big stage paired with a boss who is a complete moron = disaster waiting to happen.

For old timers like me, there is a decent chance we will not recover in my lifetime.
Hope you;'re wrong. This reminds me Of North Carolina's hire after Dean Smith.

• Haha
Reactions: frydaze
What part of his resume says he's the caliber of coach Kentucky needs?

This is an awful hire. If he hadn't played here, he'd never get a sniff at the job.
Exactly right. If he were a University of Washington alumnus with the exact same credentials, no one would think this is a good idea. Will be rooting for the guy, but he’s starting off behind the 8 ball.

I guarantee you Barnfart made this hire so quickly because he knew he was going to be named in that terrible lawsuit on Friday. If the search went on any longer the heat from the lawsuit would have likely pushed Barnfart out of the hiring process & UK might have then been able to hire a legitimate coach.

What part of his resume says he's the caliber of coach Kentucky needs?

This is an awful hire. If he hadn't played here, he'd never get a sniff at the job.
Sad Baby GIF

Reactions: frydaze
If he fully understands and appreciates what Kentucky basketball means to fans, he knows what he’s getting into. Plus, he’s getting paid incredibly well. There is no need to feel sorrow for him. It is a challenge that he wants !!

Last edited:
Reactions: KFuqua and NociHTTP
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT