ADVERTISEMENT

I don't get this...does nobody want to play for Cal more than one year?

The facts say, this is the only place this is happening but feel free to change the subject.

No, you’re wrong. You were provided with facts as to why you’re wrong but you’re literally choosing to ignore that

“This is the only place this is happening”

Wrong- it also already happened at Duke and KU

Reactions: awf
And how many of them accomplished exactly nothing. Only a loser accomplishes nothing then moves on. It shows entitlement and lack of mental toughness.
What a crock of shit. Get your diaper changed. Only a loser calls young guys chasing their dreams and getting paid 6 figure salaries as losers. These guys can make great money playing the sport they love even if it's over seas. Quit ragging on them. You have no idea what it's like to have the ability to play a sport well enough to be paid for it.

plain and simple
they want to play in the NBA

yes some of them get bad advice from the people around them

this is not just happening at UK

This is a myth that what we experience is happening everywhere. It is not. Not by a long shot. This problem is totally unique to Cal.

Reactions: robman181
And how many of them accomplished exactly nothing. Only a loser accomplishes nothing then moves on. It shows entitlement and lack of mental toughness.

lol so Bagley should come back for another year at Duke instead of making a guaranteed like 18 million dollars ? Really?

You honestly believe that ?

THIS is just happening at UK. Guys are going pro but not like this, anywhere else.
Look online at all underclassmen putting name in draft, you will see how false your post is. It's great our teams have players that play at a level where they get a free evaluation. It's the reality of the sport now

What a crock of shit. Get your diaper changed. Only a loser calls young guys chasing their dreams and getting paid 6 figure salaries as losers. These guys can make great money playing the sport they love even if it's over seas. Quit ragging on them. You have no idea what it's like to have the ability to play a sport well enough to be paid for it.

I don't agree with the way he put that, but today' players do believe because they're tall and play basketball that they should be guaranteed the NBA. I mean come on, they will try to go when they have nowhere to go. They think it's a birthright, and few place any value on education, just instant cash.

Sad times.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
plain and simple
they want to play in the NBA

yes some of them get bad advice from the people around them

this is not just happening at UK

Yes it is just happening at UK. If it were any other school, guys like PJ, Vanderbilt, Wenyen and Diallo wouldn't even remotely considered to be NBA prospects. Look at Bolden at Duke. He's going into his Junior year next year. If he had come here it's safe to say he would have left by now. He's had a lackluster career in Durham thus far, and if he had those same results at UK he would've either transferred or probably left for the G-League.

Reactions: morgousky
I would just like to point out there is no stat to back this statement up. He is seriously talking out of his arse.

Give me a break dude. You know all too well the majority of fans, of any team, hate the OAD. Even Duke fans who own the current OAD hate it.

Reactions: CB3UK
Cal is tough on their ass. They want out and cant stand another year is what it indicates to me. Old school coaches wear you down.

They think it's a birthright, and few place any value on education, just instant cash.

Basketball is what they do well. If a few happen to be good students and care about getting an education it is a coincidence.

Give me a break dude. You know all too well the majority of fans, of any team, hate the OAD. Even Duke fans who own the current OAD hate it.
No....youre going to need to go door to door county by county in order to get by him. Declarative statements of common sense wont be tolerated! Never mind the thread below this showing 70+% of our fans view this season as a failure due to the roster attrition.

Nobody likes this shit. It's a farce.

Most UK fans dislike the OAD system.

I have no idea if Most is accurate, I do know I have heard more rumblings about it after this season than any other in my memory. You don't have to be on RR to hear it, everyone I run into it seems has an opinion lately...hehe

Reactions: CB3UK
I have no idea if Most is accurate, I do know I have heard more rumblings about it after this season than any other in my memory. You don't have to be on RR to hear it, everyone I run into it seems has an opinion lately...hehe
I agree. It does feel like the rumblings at work or the watering holes is much louder this season than in years past. The ends justified the means when we were winning big. It takes elite talent and experienced depth for this system to work.

Reactions: CBBCrazy
It’s not irrelevant. Not proving you can compete in college then going pro is not irrelevant.

Perhaps not but relevant to who?

Doesn't seem a killer stumbling block for the NBA. They write the checks.

Doesn't appear to take much skin off the nose of the guys cashing the checks.

The sponsors, networks, and fans that fuel the operation all seem within tolerance.

Kevin Garnett, LeBron James, and Kobe Bryant seemed to do anything one could reasonable hope for without proving they could compete in college even as much as Washington has so far.

Who is it relevant to that is even in the cycle?

I don't think you lobbing the old "double dog dare" at every player to do what you want is going to matter much but give a go if you'd like.

I'd help you except I fear the blowback of having guys that reactionary and simple around in numbers.

There's a segment here that loves the current model because it makes them feel virtuous to support it. "I want these kids and their families to do whatever is in their best interest". These types will promote this until the system falls off a cliff. And it's just a bunch of junk.

Do they speak up when a player obviously will hurt himself by declaring? No.

Will they follow the players that lose everything and have no education and no way to support themselves? No.

It's about the system to them, they want anarchy. Just watch them, they will support any measure that is lawless and stupid, as long as they feel they are siding with the hip cool dude choice.

So many set these kids up to fail. And the ones im talking about really couldn't care less.

I agree. It does feel like the rumblings at work or the watering holes is much louder this season than in years past. The ends justified the means when we were winning big. It takes elite talent and experienced depth for this system to work.

To be fair we’re only 3 years removed from a 38-0/ FF team and just year before last a buzzer beater/ cheating ref away from another FF

We’ve had longer droughts

Reactions: 420grover
There's a segment here that loves the current model because it makes them feel virtuous to support it. "I want these kids and their families to do whatever is in their best interest". These types will promote this until the system falls off a cliff. And it's just a bunch of junk.

Will they follow the players that lose everything and have no education and no way to support themselves? No.

It's about the system to them, they want anarchy. Just watch them, they will support any measure that is lawless and stupid, as long as they feel they are siding with the hip cool dude choice.

So many set these kids up to fail. And the ones im talking about really couldn't care less.

I think you mean COULD CARE LESS!

At least that’s how it’s written on RR more often than not ;)

Reactions: JC43

This is about as simple as one could explain it, many are left each year to fend for themselves without an education. Young minds are easily persuaded, and if the family wants the money failure never enters their minds.

Which was full of the elite talent/experienced depth I was alluding to above.

Right on. I genuinely think Cals swaggy recruiting is going to pick back up (already has kinda wish EJ, Hagans, Maxey and probably Wisemen)
The last 2 years have shown other schools were blatantly cheating.., Zona/ Ayton... Bagley: Duval Duke... Capel being a literal known cheater

Now that Fat Ass Capel is gone, it seems as if the tide is drifting back towards cal and UK. If anything I’m thankful and applaud Cal for staying clear from the “sketchy” top guys ...

Right on. I genuinely think Cals swaggy recruiting is going to pick back up (already has kinda wish EJ, Hagans, Maxey and probably Wisemen)
The last 2 years have shown other schools were blatantly cheating.., Zona/ Ayton... Bagley: Duval Duke... Capel being a literal known cheater

Now that Fat Ass Capel is gone, it seems as if the tide is drifting back towards cal and UK. If anything I’m thankful and applaud Cal for staying clear from the “sketchy” top guys ...
Can't complain about what's transpired thus far [laughing] Cals been a ball of fire. One or two guys in the last few classes and we are all probably having a different conversation right now.

For most folks I think the frustration is in guys like PJ or Vandy, who clearly have long term viability in the NBA but need multiple years here honing their skillset first. Patterson did it and it paid dividends.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood

This is exactly what I'm hoping is the case.

JV isn't a great player. Not this year.

Accurate statement. Also a completely irrelevant comment.

Great = Potential to be successful in the NBA. Vanderbilt demonstrated he ability to be a top drawer rebounder and defender. He did this in very few games. The league places a lot of value on those skills. The question is his health.

Reactions: BlueRunner11
It has everything to do with Cal. It’s the system he’s created. He is now only attracting guys who want to be OAD. If they plan to play multiple years, they are going elsewhere.

Really? REALLY?

You think there might be even the smallest correlation between the excellent talent we get and the player’s option to go one and done? It’s not his ‘system’. It’s the outstanding talent and the ambition that comes with that talent.

This is dirt simple.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT