ADVERTISEMENT

I cannot believe how poorly we are coached

Yes. If serious, it is bizarre.
As dumb as the statement was, it is more than dumb that after 11 1/2 years of being below 50% in SEC games, we have people that do not want a coaching change. You hear, "he has more wins than any past coach," He has more wins because we have allowed him to hang around 11 1/2 years and feast on 4 or 5 lowly teams to start the season. With 9 SEC games coming, we will be a bottom dweller going forward with Stoops.

As dumb as the statement was, it is more than dumb that after 11 1/2 years of being below 50% in SEC games, we have people that do not want a coaching change. You hear, "he has more wins than any past coach," He has more wins because we have allowed him to hang around 11 1/2 years and feast on 4 or 5 lowly teams to start the season. With 9 SEC games coming, we will be a bottom dweller going forward with Stoops.
It's not just feast on lowly teams, his formula is to underachieve but end of having a huge portion of our fans end up overlooking or forgetting bc of the 1 or 2 wins that he does get every year. It goes: Beat fcs teams, lose to SEC teams you have no business losing to, beat someone you aren't supposed to or someone who looks good by being misproperly ranked, then beat uofl.

So this year so far- fcs, check, lose to ppl no business losing to, check, beat someone misranked or not supposed to, check. He'll probably beat uofl bc that seems to be the only game they are completely focused in. But watch, they pull it out of their ass at UT or something and a lot of ppl will go back to as if everything is fine.

Hairston and Nichols both out killed us tonight.
But thats Stoops fault right?
This football program is cursed.
Always has been, always will be.
Why? Because Lincoln was born in Ky and was the President when the Union took down the Confederacy.
Being in the SEC dooms Ky because all the good ole boys and their good ole boy descendants disdain Ky because of aforementioned verbiage.
We are screwed before the season even starts.
The War of Northern Aggression did us in I guess

Both starting OTs get 2 holding calls
3 PF penalties
2 botched snaps on kicks
Complete mismanagement of the clock both before the half and end of the game
2nd and 22 on the last drive, we call a play that was designed to pick up the first down, instead of realizing this is four down territory and you try for 8-10 yards on 2nd down. So many plays tonight that seemed to completely ignore the game situation. Vandy's defense is standing up and looking at their sidelines and we don't snap the ball.
Defense plays pretty well but allows VU to throw short, quick passes to the flat time after time like they never scouted them. Only after hurting his ankle were we able to keep Pavia in the pocket where he's much less likely to hurt you. Again, did we not scout this team?

How is it that we keep rotating QBs, break what little rhythm the starter has so that the backup can run a QB keeper every single time?

Sixth game in and Brock still won't take the easy 5-yard completion, throws one time to a TE for a completion and only one subsequent target the remainder of the game (and I think that was a roll out, throw the ball away and the TE was closest), has great protection on 3rd down at the goal line and only looks at Key and fires it 10 feet over his head instead of looking to other options. Is he not receiving any coaching during the week?

I could go on.

Our cost/benefit for this staff is close being negative, imo.
Too much like Calipari....too stubborn to change....content to count his $$$$.

Both starting OTs get 2 holding calls
3 PF penalties
2 botched snaps on kicks
Complete mismanagement of the clock both before the half and end of the game
2nd and 22 on the last drive, we call a play that was designed to pick up the first down, instead of realizing this is four down territory and you try for 8-10 yards on 2nd down. So many plays tonight that seemed to completely ignore the game situation. Vandy's defense is standing up and looking at their sidelines and we don't snap the ball.
Defense plays pretty well but allows VU to throw short, quick passes to the flat time after time like they never scouted them. Only after hurting his ankle were we able to keep Pavia in the pocket where he's much less likely to hurt you. Again, did we not scout this team?

How is it that we keep rotating QBs, break what little rhythm the starter has so that the backup can run a QB keeper every single time?

Sixth game in and Brock still won't take the easy 5-yard completion, throws one time to a TE for a completion and only one subsequent target the remainder of the game (and I think that was a roll out, throw the ball away and the TE was closest), has great protection on 3rd down at the goal line and only looks at Key and fires it 10 feet over his head instead of looking to other options. Is he not receiving any coaching during the week?

I could go on.

Our cost/benefit for this staff is close being negative, imo.
I Can Halloween GIF by NETFLIX

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT