ADVERTISEMENT

I am predicting……….

No more situations similar to the Shaedon Sharpe nonsense.

I still have to convince myself that actually happened at UK of all places and the HC was cool with it if not possibly even encouraging it.
This is a very sore spot with me regarding Cal as well. This only furthered my thoughts that he truly didn't care any longer, and that he was simply using UK to further his own agendas and status. It was no longer the University of Kentucky...but the University of Calipari.

I also predict we won't see absurd, vague excuses. We won't see end of season "injuries" to top players (essentially one big fat LIE to bench the player to prep for the NBA). And we'll never hear Pope say "don't know, haven't seen them".
Who did he bench to prep for the NBA? Is this the Hagans Fiasco?

My response had nothing to do with supporting Calipari which a close reader would discern: Is it 'carrying water for Cal' to note he had the two worst NCAA losses in program history in a three year span? I don't think so.

I'm being realistic about Pope and how hard it will be to build a program from scratch. Getting a 9-10 seed next year will be a POSITIVE sign that things haven't fallen completely apart.

Best not to be an irrational cheerleader right now. Support Pope and the program and be ready for some ups and downs until he has time to build something. Seen in that context, my post was realistic and supportive.
You're back tracking! You did not say 1 year you implied multiple years. You think Pope will do worse at UK than he did at Byu? He had 3 really good teams at Byu with all of their guidelines that make coaching they're pretty tough. Hell his best recruit ever couldn't play right away because he had to go on a 2 year mission.
If you think Pope will have UK as a 9 or 10 seed after year 3 we can make a friendly wager. I will bet you 250 bucks that UK has a higher seed over the next 4 years than a 9 seed. Hell I will sweeten the bet for you and say we have to have a season with a 7 seed or higher.

Reactions: Name on the front
conditioning has a lot to do with injuries, Pope will have his guys in top notch condition
Yep, it's my understanding that Cal left conditioning to other people, including the kids themselves. He wasn't in the gym driving them to run sprints until they puked. And the kids he recruited were "athletes" who spent a lot of their time in the gym seeing who could create the fanciest dunk or buckle ankles on drives to the rim.

• Angry
My response had nothing to do with supporting Calipari which a close reader would discern: Is it 'carrying water for Cal' to note he had the two worst NCAA losses in program history in a three year span? I don't think so.

I'm being realistic about Pope and how hard it will be to build a program from scratch. Getting a 9-10 seed next year will be a POSITIVE sign that things haven't fallen completely apart.

Best not to be an irrational cheerleader right now. Support Pope and the program and be ready for some ups and downs until he has time to build something. Seen in that context, my post was realistic and supportive.

Your post was not intended to be positive. You were taking a shot at the new coach. Just own it. You’re sad your dude left. It happens.

You really need to watch last season's BYU games on Youtube. Many of the BYU players missed multiple games due to injury and illness. Taking considerate care of the bodies of the players is the correct thing to do. The old "shake it off" approach was horrible.
Multiple games and 1/3 of or 1/2 of a season are different things

No more situations similar to the Shaedon Sharpe nonsense.

I still have to convince myself that actually happened at UK of all places and the HC was cool with it if not possibly even encouraging it.
Diallo almost did that in 2017 but pulled out of the draft last second to come back for the 2018 season.

The Sharpe stuff is infurirating though.

I predict for at least the next three years Kentucky won't lose to a 15 or 13 seed. That will not be possible with Kentucky being a 10 or 9 seed.

Man I’m sorry, but the fact that you’re still doing this is gross. Calipari is just terrible and he was absolutely killing this program. Pope is taking it back and doing things the right way. Just imagine being one of the only people that can’t handle Calipari’s salesman ability. I feel sorry for you man, I really do. I just couldn’t imagine. This is Kentucky and he’s Calipari. It’s gross.

I’ve always thought you might just be trolling and if you are I’m not sure why you havent been banned yet for all the baiting. And it’s not funny, it’s just stupid. And to keep doing it this long for no reason makes you seem really childish. If it’s a troll you should be banned for baiting non stop.

*if you’re trolling, which I think you might be. Nobody could be this hung up on that Guy. Either way, it doesn’t say a lot of good about you. Go back to your corny daily thread in the paddock and make a fool of yourself.cringe doesn’t begin to describe the announcement of daily briefings of your life in a thread that was abandoned and picked up by the cringy group.

HEY D-LEAGUERS!!!! MORNING CHECK IN!!!!

• Haha
Man, I certainly hope the injury bug left with Cal. Not that I'm wishing injury on Arky players, just don't want that bad juju around Rupp anymore.
More than the injury bug I want the bad Whistle gone with Cal. Officials and the NCAA despised him. We got the worst whistle of any Blueblood in the country. What Kansas , NC, and Duke gets at home is insane compared to us.

No more goooooo
Runnnnn
Or selfish motherfer
And better out of bounds plays
Knowing when to use a timeout
Basic coaching skills on display
Gonna miss Goooo! and Runnnn! Ellen’s roommate really confused the opposing coach with his strategy. He is, after all, a HOFer!

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT