ADVERTISEMENT

I am predicting……….

I predict for at least the next three years Kentucky won't lose to a 15 or 13 seed. That will not be possible with Kentucky being a 10 or 9 seed.
Why must you inject your negativity and hateful rhetoric every time we have a nice thread about the new coach versus the old coach? I think you said something similar about the people who wanted Cal gone and how it was them projecting. Is that what you’re doing now?

I mean the coach isn’t Cal but you got what you said you wanted- nearly the entire board supports the coach and is being positive about him. Except for you, the guy who wanted this behavior, supposedly, for so long.

I guess you should take your own advice and “be careful what you wish for.”

His best player was his 6th man. :)
memba shaedon sharpe. He might win us a championship if he plays. Cals biggest recruit since fox monk bam and he sits him the whole time hes here and lies to us about him 100% coming back. He plays cal goes to an E8 or better prolly and hes still our coach. Funny how life works

• Love
Reactions: Name on the front
I'm not exactly ready to start taking victory laps until he at least has a FEW guys committed.

I'm confident we got this hire right and all will be fine, might just take a year. But, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a LITTLE concerned that we only landed one guy so far. Yes, I know, "give it time".. but I'm at least not gonna start dunking on people until we land a few more. Call me cautious

Reactions: ganner918
I'm not exactly ready to start taking victory laps until he at least has a FEW guys committed.

I'm confident we got this hire right and all will be fine, might just take a year. But, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a LITTLE concerned that we only landed one guy so far. Yes, I know, "give it time".. but I'm at least not gonna start dunking on people until we land a few more. Call me cautious
Good points but not what this thread is talking about.

Good points but not what this thread is talking about.

It's more so that I'm not ready to start taking these types of swipes at Cal JUST yet.. when the guy replacing him.. kind of is off to a slow start?

We have all the time in the world to take shots at Cal in the coming years.. but I'm trying to make sure this current hire pans out.. Which I think it will. I'm just cautious that way.

Somewhat related: the injury thing was never a real issue of mine. Plenty of teams are vague about injury reports. The Knicks did it this year with Randle and OG. The Bengals did it with Burrow last year. This is a much more common thing than people probably realize. A coach is just going to say "He's out". He's not concerned with giving the fans every little medical detail. The issue I had, was that I do think Cal was a little TOO cautious with injuries. But sometimes it pays to be cautious. Look at Self and McCullar...

It's more so that I'm not ready to start taking these types of swipes at Cal JUST yet.. when the guy replacing him.. kind of is off to a slow start?

We have all the time in the world to take shots at Cal in the coming years.. but I'm trying to make sure this current hire pans out.. Which I think it will. I'm just cautious that way.

Somewhat related: the injury thing was never a real issue of mine. Plenty of teams are vague about injury reports. The Knicks did it this year with Randle and OG. The Bengals did it with Burrow last year. This is a much more common thing than people probably realize. A coach is just going to say "He's out". He's not concerned with giving the fans every little medical detail. The issue I had, was that I do think Cal was a little TOO cautious with injuries. But sometimes it pays to be cautious. Look at Self and McCullar...
Those are all valid points. I guess my main point is that the goal this year was to replace Cal and that he had to go. I’m not sure anybody could question that for the betterment of the program, including some of the things he did that alienated fans and caused division and mistrust, I feel this way regardless it was hard to replace him

That the amount of missed games to injury, number of injuries and times players have not been seen will drop dramatically under Pope
You really need to watch last season's BYU games on Youtube. Many of the BYU players missed multiple games due to injury and illness. Taking considerate care of the bodies of the players is the correct thing to do. The old "shake it off" approach was horrible.

I don't think we've had an anomalous number of injuries compared to other teams tbh.
You could be right, but I do think they stay off a lot longer, but unknown entries, and illnesses, then players from other schools

BYU I believe was the only team in the nation last year that had their two leading scorers come off the bench.
I knew that but had been keeping quiet about it. So many people here acted like Calipari's Sheppard/Dillingham approach was madness or treason.

Reactions: FiveStarCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT