ADVERTISEMENT

I am noticing a huge decrease

Cue @kybassfan to ride in and protect Cow.

giphy.gif
You know that's called baiting right?

In those supporting Cal. Even the most ardent supporters have to be questioning him.
Also noticing many fans that I know that have been fans for years have become more apathetic towards the program in terms of accepting losses, game execution, inner team turmoil, etc. Folks are like....oh well. Very sad to see.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
I'm noticing a huge decrease in anybody mentioning UK basketball anymore. There is very little talk at all about it in recent years. Fans have lost interest - at least the ones I come in contact with.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
You can call it whatever you want. I'm merely laughing at the VERY predictable trend of you swooping in to guard Cal from every critic (it must be exhuasting to keep up!!!!). 😆
Not really, its easy to respond to posts that are nothing but contrived BS. Kinda like arguing with a U6 fan. Exactly like that actually.

• Haha
Reactions: crawfords corner
I'm on the edge. I support him because he's the coach, but I'm moving out of the donation section at Rupp this year. If they have another subpar year, I might just not renew the next season unless he leaves and there's a grand slam hire. That $3k+ could go to a lot better uses around the house.

That team wasn't winning crap. Hagans was a head case. Sweet 16 at best. Title run, my ass.
Cmon dude . Hagans was a small part of that team. We had 2 of the best guards in the country and a really solid big man. We had just gotten beat by a point to go to the final 4 with a worse team the year before.
I'm not saying it would have happened but to say sweet 16 ? Cal only had 2 tournaments of sweet 16 at best up till that point in 11 years

I do believe we have entered the area of apathy which is worse than being upset...some just don't care. We have tried and given Cal the benefit of the doubt. He had some equity in the bank from his early success even though he only has one ring to show for it but that account is now at 0 which is exactly how many transfers he brought in this year.

Last SEC Men's regular season championship - 2019-20
Last SEC Men's tournament championship - 2017-18
Last FF appearance - 2015
Last NCAA tournament appearance outside of the first weekend - 2019

And at a price tag of $8.5 million per year. Pretty hard to defend those results at that price.

No wonder he is laughing all of the way to the bank.

john-calipari.jpg
Thanks again, Mitch.

I've been fairly neutral on Cal the last few years. I think to some extent the narrative of some huge decline is a bit overblown, but there are obviously many legitimate criticisms of Cal lately. My stance has always been to see how this following year plays out and it doesn't seem to be getting off to a great start.

I don't think this offseason is solely on Cal. Whatever is going on behind the scenes with NIL at UK seems to be a mess. I think if everyone involved doesn't get it figured out quickly UK Basketball won't be set up to succeed in this new landscape. And what's going on at UK right now is exactly why a guy like Jay Wright just retired.

How to assemble a team and keep it together in college basketball changed very quickly, and if there's not complete buy in from the coach, the AD, athletic department as a whole, and NIL collective or donors your program will be left behind. Right now UK doesn't have it figured out.
This is exactly how I feel.

Cmon dude . Hagans was a small part of that team. We had 2 of the best guards in the country and a really solid big man. We had just gotten beat by a point to go to the final 4 with a worse team the year before.
I'm not saying it would have happened but to say sweet 16 ? Cal only had 2 tournaments of sweet 16 at best up till that point in 11 years
LOL, he was the damn point guard, which is the most important part of any team.

And you're out of your mind if you think the '20 team was better than the '19 team. No freaking way.

You Cal fans sensationalize the '20 team so much, because you think it makes Cal look a little better, but you can't assume a final 4, especially when the pg lost his mind right at the end.

Last edited:
LOL, he was the damn point guard, which is the most important part of any team.

And you're out of your mind if you think the '20 team was better than the '19 team. No freaking way.

You Cal fans sensationalize the '20 team so much, because you think it makes Cal look a little better, but you can't assume a final 4, especially when the pg lost his mind right at the end.

2019 won 30 games. I agree 2020 would not have done as well overall n ncaa.

Reactions: kyjeff1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT