ADVERTISEMENT

I am blown away by Pope's love for the coaching position and UK

NociHTTP

Senior
Mar 8, 2023
Why in the world did the previous coach not do the things that CMP is doing? Did Cal ever give his reasoning for not involving previous players? CMP is out there watching talent, not rankings, and he's building a "team" that wants to win a title, not win enough games to get noticed by the scouts, and then bolt.

This is pretty much what I was screaming the last 5-6 years Cal was here. He wasn't doing the job (or most of the basic, essential things) of a college basketball coach. And many people looked the other way.
there were a lot of us that were saying that ccc was laying down on the job & just drawing a check. This started after the loss to Wi. A perfect example of his inability to coach. He let the Harrison twins absolutely throw the game away. A good coach, even a decent coach would have demanded that the ball go inside to KAT every possession. He was on a roll that night and pretty much unstoppable, yet ccc let the twins dribble out the clock, throw up desperation shots & turn the ball over. That is when I stopped watching the games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT