ADVERTISEMENT

I’m so tired of getting behind 10 points most games

Dec 5, 2007
Lexington
Because Cal refuses to start the best players. Yes, we won tonight. But why get down 12-3 or whatever it was on the road and have their fans going crazy and have to dig yourself out of that early hole? You can say it doesn’t matter who starts but rather who finishes/gets a lot of minutes but this happens all the time. There is just zero need for it. He also starts the same 5 the 2nd half no matter who played well or poorly and how the game is trending. Just so damn frustrating.

I know it. Bad starts to each half tonight.

Maybe Rob doesn’t foul as much if he starts? Not as hyped up or anxious to make something good happen. Reed just needs to be in there.

I do understand to a degree. Some may say it doesn't matter, like you said. But to a lot, it DOES matter. Why can't the ones who start (the best ones at the time, as it could change from week to week, being based on how they practice), also finish the game, if they're the best players for the job. Again, I'm just a nobody, basically, but when I coached my middle school girls years and years ago, I started my best players, because they EARNED it by being the best in practice that week. I don't know about anybody else, but it seemed to make the girls try harder and practice better. Personally, I just like the idea.

Cal should be grateful that his overall best player is nice and sacrifices for the team. That way he doesn't have to worry about hurting Reed's feelings. To be honest, I think Cal was surprised at just how incredible Reed was going to be. Reed makes mistakes, but overall the rest of the team does too. I noticed after the game, the first comment Cal made about Reed wasn't about the way he saved the game, but that he made a bad pass. The first thing? Really?

Sorry, oops! I was rambling again.

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT