ADVERTISEMENT

I’m loving the recruiting surprises!

Pope is getting it done. Not even two weeks since his introductory presser and he already has 5 very solid players and an all-star staff. Imagine where we’ll be in another month!
Yeah, he needs to be given some credit. He's working his butt off, that is very clear. I know we've missed on some big name targets, but nobody bats 1.000 and it should be expected he'd miss on some.

Another thought to remember, he's been recruiting by himself. The top recruiters on the staff haven't really had a chance to make their mark yet. They're just getting started. I'm not even sure if they're on the field yet. Someone who knows should give us a report on the assistants.

I'm also pleased with these recruiting surprises. I would think you would want to keep these things quiet at times for multiple reasons. Avoiding NIL bidding wars is one good reason. Guys who are interested but not sure may want to keep a good relationship with the school they're transferring from. It also keeps other potential suitors from getting in on every guy we're considering, just to say they beat UK for someone. So, yeah, bring on the surprises! 😀

Yeah, he needs to be given some credit. He's working his butt off, that is very clear. I know we've missed on some big name targets, but nobody bats 1.000 and it should be expected he'd miss on some.

Another thought to remember, he's been recruiting by himself. The top recruiters on the staff haven't really had a chance to make their mark yet. They're just getting started. I'm not even sure if they're on the field yet. Someone who knows should give us a report on the assistants.

I'm also pleased with these recruiting surprises. I would think you would want to keep these things quiet at times for multiple reasons. Avoiding NIL bidding wars is one good reason. Guys who are interested but not sure may want to keep a good relationship with the school they're transferring from. It also keeps other potential suitors from getting in on every guy we're considering, just to say they beat UK for someone. So, yeah, bring on the surprises! 😀
I hope it surprises us to the point that we all can say it's been a wonderful hire.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
Considering how far behind Coach Pope was when he started with no staff, I don't see how any OBJECTIVE fan can be anything but pleased at this point.I for one don't expect UK to be a juggernaut next season anyway. I hoped we could field a good team that plays competitive basketball. Coach Pope seems to have made a good start so far of doing that

Right because it was boring before. OMG, did you see that free throw by Amari Williams? It’s exciting to watch guys shoot free throws again. 😂 😆
Account created on April 28th and it isn't even 2:30 in the morning tells me all I need to know what you are.

Pope is getting it done. Not even two weeks since his introductory presser and he already has 5 very solid players and an all-star staff. Imagine where we’ll be in another month!
And people were on here complaining he didn’t have a roster assembled by the Tuesday after his intro. The portal isn’t even closed yet. If we don’t have a roster by June, then yeah let’s complain.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT