ADVERTISEMENT

I’m a 42 year old man and I am crying watching this

There will be studies published on the psychological and emotional damage the Calipari regime has inflicted on this fanbase. Fascinating. Feels like finally breaking up after an extended toxic marriage.
Cal was like the super hot girl that reels you in being super fun with nonstop sex in the beginning...then completely stops putting out right after the marriage (lifetime contract), starts cheating on you (UCLA/Ohio State/Arkansas), and plays head games with you even though she knows it pisses you off (Zone, benching better players, NBA BS).
Absolutely a bad marriage that needed to end.

Not crying but got chills. ‘96 was my first championship so to see all the guys back to support the captain? Amazing.

Reactions: bnewt
I'm in my early 20s. I didn't have the chance to watch the '96 team or any great UK team back then. But let me say this... If I had to pick between sitting at a table with the old school UK guys vs Cal's UK guys, I'm going to the old school guys 10/10 times. Pope & co. are Kentucky basketball to me.
You just made my day
Love it!!!

Well, recent history.
Guys I feel ya, I cannot believe that for so many years I lost that feeling what a tradition really is. Yes I supported every team since then and been happy but I think I truly forgot that feeling that I got.. We might have a year down somewhat, but I will hang onto this feeling that I got today of yester years past.

Reactions: Ky_Bred_Cat
I'm in my early 20s. I didn't have the chance to watch the '96 team or any great UK team back then. But let me say this... If I had to pick between sitting at a table with the old school UK guys vs Cal's UK guys, I'm going to the old school guys 10/10 times. Pope & co. are Kentucky basketball to me.
I am truly sorry that you did not get to experience UK basketball back then. I believe we are about to create a new set of memories that you will be part of and cherish all your life. Words don’t do it justice.

This represents everything I grew up loving about Kentucky basketball. Pope is the anti-Cal. We have a guy who gets it. This is a historic day in the history of the program. I could not be more excited.
It’s beautiful! You may wanna edit the title playa. Take out that and after 42 year old.

The clown never understood that UK tradition and winning is everything to our fans and Alumni. He never understood we never gave a rats arse about draft picks and NBA. The greatest day in UK history is the day Cal left for Arkansas
Cal understood what we were about when he first came, and until about 2017ish. Sometime after that being your brothers keeper and succeed and proceed changed to La Famalia and draft picks are all that matters. Him winning the title so early hurt his tenure IMO. He got it out of the way quick and after 2015 he never wanted to grind to be that successful again. Obviously he never got it the way Pope and real Wildcats do.

Ok..ok... Almost 50.. I was watching on my phone.. My wife asked me "what are you watching?" And then she said "wait, are your eyes breaking?" "What are you watching?"

I love the feeling I had watching that press conference. Felt like I was 18 again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT